Migraine Associated Vertigo
    mariatz.aol.com is offline New Member

Default Migraine Associated Vertigo

I am taking Depakote ER for Migraine associated Vertigo which I've had for 4
    months now. I was on Topamax for a while, but could not toletare it. Would
    like to know if anyone else has been prescribed Depakote ER for Migraine
    Associated vertigo and if it was successful."

angiesez is offline New Member

Default Migraine associated vertigo what works???

I have been suffering with MAV for 15 years. I have tried many types of medication. I took Depakote for a year and it seemed to help at first. But after 4 months I started gaining weight (25 lbs,) and lost half of my hair that came out in clumps. (very scary). I also couldn't use topamax. (major side effects) I have been to see Dr Baloh at UCLA. He is the MAV guru, he is an educator as well as a doctor. He put me on Paxil, which was working for a while, but once I maxed out on mg. (60mg a day) I still had spinning. I have been spinning now everyday since the end of august. I was told that the next drug I should try is Celexa. I am going to start that soon. That is the info I can give you, this affliction really sucks, but at least the internet connects you to people that understand what you are going through. I thought I was going crazy. I would like to find anyone who needs someone to talk to about this and wecan help keep each other sane.
    Angiesez

tiredofdrs is offline New Member

Red face

OMG it is nice to know I'm not crazy! My world started spinning over a year and a half ago, first dr's thought it was meineres disease (runs in the family), after 2 sets of ventalation tubes and more tests than I can count I was finally sent to a dr who seemed to know what she was talking about. I was first put on Nortriptyline, after I got to 40mg I couldn't handle the stomach upset. I am now on topomax 50mg, I don't know if its the meds or all that has come down in the last 2 weeks but I can barely stand myself I feel so , my disability ran out, my employer had to let me go after my year of leave was up and now social security is sending me papers asking about my headache!?! I don't have a headache!