methadone
    joanicha1 is offline New Member

Default methadone

What is the difference between the liquid and the orange disks that the clinics prescribe? I seem to feel very sleepy with the liquid and i have more energy with the disketts. Please give me your thoughts soon. Thanks

joanicha lucito

rjbeck is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by joanicha1

What is the difference between the liquid and the orange disks that the clinics prescribe? I seem to feel very sleepy with the liquid and i have more energy with the disketts. Please give me your thoughts soon. Thanks

joanicha lucito
    I think there is no difference between the two I have been on for 5+years and tried both.Now the 10mg pills are a different story these kicked my butt.My dose is 160mg and had to take 16 pills
    but I don't think that was it.Also I was only able to get the pills in the hospital after major surgery and I was there 6 weeks.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

It is actually probably just a matter of one making it into your system faster than the other. A liquid, is naturally absorbed into your body, from your stomach, faster than a solid, since you don't need to use all the normal digestive actions and wait that time period that solids require to be broken up and used by the body.

Since the discs are more solid, they take a little while to be digested and broken up for your body to use the drug, so the active med, in this case Methadone, is absorbed at a slower rate than the liquid equivelent.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Rscprincess1 is offline Member

I Agree With Zippysgoddess. The Only Thing I Could Think Of Was The Fact That The Liquid Is Absourbed Alot Faster Then The Disks.

I'm Not A Pharmacist Or A Medical Doctor. This Message Is Not Medical Advice Or Is It An Offer To Provide Medical Advice. All Drug I.Ds Should Be Validated By A Licensed MD Or Pharmacist. But I Do Enjoy Helping If I Can.

Labcoatbud is offline New Member

Question

I used to be on 80mg of liquid methadone (for ayear) now I am prescribed the 10mg pills by a pain dr, and I've noticed that I get nauseous since the switch... I'm not sure what the difference is chemically, but my body can sure tell a difference! The liquid just made me feel better and I never really had any side effects other than drowsiness, but the pills ... It's weird how they sometimes make me feel ill. Has anyone else experienced this?

newbie2010 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Labcoatbud View Post
    I used to be on 80mg of liquid methadone (for ayear) now I am prescribed the 10mg pills by a pain dr, and I've noticed that I get nauseous since the switch... I'm not sure what the difference is chemically, but my body can sure tell a difference! The liquid just made me feel better and I never really had any side effects other than drowsiness, but the pills ... It's weird how they sometimes make me feel ill. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I was on 83mg of liquid methadone and because I got tired of spending $330 dollars a month at the clinic I went to my family doctor and got a prescription for the pills. I liked the liquid much, much better. The liquid actually gave me a little bit of euphoria, and the constipation problem on the liquid was much better. I find that the pills make me a bit grouchy, I'm more constipated, I have more cravings for sweets, and I don't have near the pleasant feeling or pain relieving effects from the pills as I did on the liquid. But it's so much cheaper! My prescription is $15. From $330 to $15. That's HUGE. I've tried and tried to find information online about the differences between the liquid and the pills, but all I can find is that it's digested differently. That's it. But I know I'm not the only one experiencing this - obviously, which is why I replied to your post. I really feel like there is a difference between the pills and liquid and the effects on your brain and body. I just can't find any information about it.

TDotts26 is offline New Member

Hey Joanicha,

I have been taking the 10mg white methadone pills i believe they are Methadone HCL. I have encountered other patients who've taken many methods of methadone and all of them said that for some reason the white 10mg pills work the best for them. These are prescribed for pain in NJ while the liquid/biscuits are for drug rehabilitation. I honostly feel that the clinics using a single daily dose is absurd and due to lack of controlling when the patients take the medciation. I think that taking 3x smaller doses versus 1x large dose is much more beneficial towards preventing a high tolerance as well as keeping a consistent level in the blood.