lisinopril
    cat66 is offline New Member

Default lisinopril

My doctor just prescribed lisinopril for high blood pressure. I am hesitant to take my first dose after reading all the bad symptoms. Does this drug have a bad reputation?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by cat66 View Post
    My doctor just prescribed lisinopril for high blood pressure. I am hesitant to take my first dose after reading all the bad symptoms. Does this drug have a bad reputation?

Lisinopril is a ace inhibitor. It's used by tons of people. You know that every drug has people who don't tolerate it well and others do great. Penicillin saves peoples lives and others will die if they take it. I wouldn't be concerned about taking lisinopril if my dr told me to take it. Here is a link to information. Hope that helps. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/lisinopril.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

mas215 is offline Junior Member

I've been taking Lisinopril for over 5 years. My prescription is 40mg which is the highest strength. One a day and my pressure is consistently 120/80 plus or minus a few points. I started on 20mg and a few years ago for some reason my pressure started to go up. But when my doctor raised it to one 40mg tablet, it's been fine. No side effects, works for me!