lamictal/lamotrigine patient assistant program?
    cowildflower is offline Member

Default lamictal/lamotrigine patient assistant program?

I was prescribed 200 mg lamictal (generic lamotrigine) for bipolar disorder. It works really well, but unfortunately I have lost my medical insurance and prescription coverage. Does anyone know of any programs that help patients receive the meds at low or no cost? I am really afraid of stopping them (especially abruptly) but the cash cost is pretty astounding.

thanks for any help-

peace
    Last edited by cowildflower; 02-17-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: type O

RXofOK is offline New Member

Default Answer about Lamictal

There is a program called Patient Assistance Program (PAP) that works with the Pharmaceutical companies. You can get this drug through this program if you qualify. You need to find someone in your state that will work with you on this program. It might be possible to get this at no cost depending on your qualification.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-21-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Default Contact info

thank you so much for responding. I have heard of various PAS but don't know which of them is/are reputable. Should I start by contacting the drug manufacturer of lamictal? Or is there a different option? My docs office maybe?

Thanks so much. I will look into it further today.

Peace

RXofOK is offline New Member

You can either contact GlaxoSmithKline and ask for their GSK Bridge Access Form or go to their website and get it. Then send it in or look for someone in you area that helps with Patient Assistance Programs and let them help you fill it out. If you do it yourself you have to be very accurate and don't leave anything off. GlaxoSmithKline number is 866-728-4368

Default :)

thank you so much for taking time to respond.
    I will call right now!

alwayznpain is offline New Member

God Bless u Sweetie!!! I take Lamictal 200mg 1.5 in am & 1 in pm along with Keppra xr 750 for seizures.. Thats 75 lamictal per month and on Keppra XR no generic and Im on a high sose 3in am & 2 in pm.. #150 month and Ativan 2mg #60 and a new 1 they just added Vimpat which is brand.. I have ins and the meds here cost me 150.00 month.. Lamictal #75 is 245.00 +or- Keppra Xr 750 150 tabs would be 1148.00 Ativan(lorazepam) 2mg #60 is 35.00 And the Vimpat 100mg #60 would cost 586.00 So that total would be ( $ 2 014.00) per month and thats at Wal-Mart.. How the hell r people suppose to live normal lives and pay cash 4 medications? I also had a 2 level Spine fusion from the MVA that caused my surgery the pain meds I take Cash prices would be around $350.00 month and if I go to pain clinic for any injections they r 2200.00 each and I can get 4 max per year.. My 1st Hospital bill for the MVA surgerys and the 3 video EEG's Ive had came to 196k.. The 2 level fusion I had done actually 1-27-10 and its a blessing so far my bills so far have been near 162k and still coming in daily.. So if u had my seizure disorder from MVA and Spinal Fusion from the same and the total bills would be $350-400k and the results for the meds to live to see ur kids grow up in my case I have 6 and they range 15 down to a new born.. >> owe a Hospital bill I could never pay and would ruin my credit which is BS AND NEEDS TO BE A LAW AGAINST THAT.. $2014.00 a month and denied disability so far so thank god for Ins my wife has.. MY rx's are just $150/month and the Hospital bills we paid outta pocket we owed 4300.00 so IM blessed.. Sweetie I would go to ur local Health/Social service offices they may help since its a non controlled med, churches may pay portions and anyone that may help you.. Plz PLZ PLZ get that filled and stay on it if u stop u may develop a severe seizure that can be deadly if you dont get treatment within 3 minutes with IV meds or EMS saving you then U may have those to deal with and be stuck on more meds. I will pray 4 u and may god blesss u and all go well.. Sorry for the autobiography I was just trying to make a point how messed up our healthcare and RX system is.. Take care-- ALWAYZ

Kara592 is offline New Member

You need to make sure you fill out the PAP forms completely and accurately. If not, they will kick it back
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-27-2011 at 05:07 PM.