i need to know what is wrong with me
    willgatu is offline New Member

Angry i need to know what is wrong with me

ok here is my problem

im a 23 year old male. in july i had a huge staghorn kidney stone in my left kidney(ive been a chronic stone make for 5 years) i had to have a renal stent place(6th one) along with a nephrostomy tube i spent about a total of 10 days in the hospital go out late july and was feeling better than out of nowhere the pain had come back. i went to the ER and found out that i had a new 4mm kidney stone in my ureter my urologist told me that it would pass on its own. i had to return into the ER several times after that for pain. stone didnt pass. on sept 5 i moved from tampa fl to richmond va the day after i got up here i was in severe pain i went to the ER and had a ct scan done stone was still there they recommended me to a urologist up here. i went to my doctors office and told him what was going on he told me that the stone will not pass on its on cosidering where it is in my ureter and the reason being is that i had hydronephorsis and that i had a semi obstructed kidney. he said that he wanted to do lipotripsy and place another stent so a week later he put a stent in and a week after that he did the lipotripsy and removed the stent 3 days later i was back in the ER again with pain i got a new CT scan done and it showed that the stone didnt break up and it was still there the ER doctor wanted to admit me once again i asked him if there was anyway that i can go home since ive missed so much work and have been in the hospital so much so he wrote me a prescription for 2mg hydromorphone pills(thats the same meds my urologist had giving me for pain) the next day the pain was to intense so i returned into the ER i saw my urologist and he said that he had to put a new stent in and go up there and get the stone out and break it up with a laser. so 2 hours later they knocked me out and did what they do. no more stone. the stent he put it had a string so the next day he pulled it out and sent me home the following day. that was on weds of this week. thrusday night im in pain again my meds arent working. i go into the ER they did a CT scan and found nothing but some swelling in my kidney and sent me home telling me to call my urologist i did.i cant see him until monday. the ER doctor had also giving me a scrpit for meprozine (ive had this in the past and didnt like the side effects so i didnt even fill it up not realy needing in since i had a bottle and half of hydromorphone left) on friday night i had to go back into the ER. i told the doctor (same one from the night before) that i have pains in my lower stomach area and sometimes in my back and they come and go and its intense,and that my pain meds arent doing anything. so he did another CT scan found nothing and came into my room and called me a drug addicted he said that the only reason im in there is to look for narcotics. i told him that i have plenty of pills at home and i dont need any i just have somthing wrong with me (i had half bottle of pills left over from my last surgery and new bottle that was filled 3 days ago and havent used one out of it and the paper for the meprozine does that sound like a drug addict to you?) and his response was well go home and take your drugs.s and walked out.

so here i am. embarrassed feeling abandoned and still have intense pains and i cant stop pissing.

i dont know what to do now

when i was in the hospital they had me on IV hydromorphone,and PO detrol LA

what do you think is wrong with me? am i crazy? i know im not crazy and im not a ********************ing junkie.

please someone help me

yor5150 is offline New Member

Default Sorry to hear of your situation

Doctors are human too. It looks like you ran into an arrogant one. I hope your situation improves. Have you tried prayer? Praying helps me through good and bad times. I wish there was something more I could say to help.

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

No you certainly don't sound addicted, but maybe some tolerance is a factor, it doesn't sound like something you need to worry about at this time. It's hard to second guess what's going on, maybe you're not healing right, you're just going to have to continue doing what you're doing, along with being up front and honest like you seem to be already, and keep standing up for yourself and help make them see the truth in your story. Demand better care if you have to, can you get a second opinion? Yeah that Demerol is weak, but you need to get control of the pain, give yourself time to heal, and keep following up if you know something's not right. Maybe you can show the doc the paper script of Meprozine (Demerol + promethazine) and ask it to be changed to morphine or Percocet? I'm not sure what else to suggest.
    Cats

willgatu is offline New Member

thanks. i saw my urologist this morning. he told me i was having pretty bad bladder spasms. so he gave me prosed ds...