How to quit any Drug.
    Kennerdy is offline Banned

Default How to quit any Drug.

You've just scored. You feel happy that you're gettting your dose soon. But, what next? Do you realize your addiction is taking you on a path of destruction, which will detroy your mind, body and health? So, what's next is that you decide to quit. There are some who would support their habbit of $3000 per month and when they hear that some drug treatment center charges $5000-$6000, they go WOW, so expensive. But in reality it is much cheaper to spend about 2 month expense of bad habbit to be free of it.

But there are other alternative ways that I know it works and here is one. This method works with any drug even >>>>>>. Most users did not get the amount of their dose overnight. Almost all users start with a dose enough to get them to where they want to be and then in time the dose began to increase to manitain the level they desired.

So, lets reverse this process. All you need to do is to control the dose and begin to reduce as much as possible to go back to the day 1 level. Here is how it works:

Day 1- Measure usage in whatever units, shot of glass, hits or # of pills and write it down (writing down the info will help you understand better, it can also motivate you). Since you've decided to kick the habbit, try to contribute to your usage reduction on this very frist day. Begin to take Energy drinks that are available through local helath food store. Make sure it containes plenty of daily supplement of multi-vitamins. Begin some form of excercise regiment (10-20 min or more). It is a must, even if you don't feel like it.

Day 2 through 5- Beginning on Day 2, reduce your usage by %10-%15. This may be hard because there may be some withrawal feelings but trust me it wo'nt be that bad. Make sure you take the Energy drink and continue with excercise(increase to 25-35 min or more). Write down your current usage amount.

Note: use only to maintain and to keep off withrawal. You may be able to reduce usage by third or half during this period if you only use when you get the withrawal feeling. It may be hard but you can do it, I know you can.

Day 6 through 10- Begginning on day 6 reduce usage by %15-%20 of usage at the end of day 5. Continue with Energy drink and continue with excercise (increase to 40-50 min or more). Again write down current usage amount and only use when you feel withrawal.

Day 11 through 17- Beginning on Day 11 Again reduce usage by %20-%25. Continue with Energy drink and continue with excercise (increase to 1 hr or more). Again write down current usage amount and only use when you feel withrawal.

Follow this routine and by the end of about 30-45 days (or may be more for some) you will be using about %10 or less of what you were using on Day 1. From that point on it is easy for some to just get off and stop using with very little withrawal. Others may want to continue and reduce usage. The idea is to get to a point that you just stop.

Other notes: similar to any other habbits, when changing or breaking such habbit you must have a substitute. Excercise is the best substitute. You should also blend in any other healthy activity that you are interested in, such as playing musical instruments, painting or whatever turns you on. It also helps if you begin to learn somthing new, which is to keep your mind occupied. It is extremely important to keep your mind occupied, so that you think less about what you should not be doing.

Although during this method you are still using, the objective is to get off the habbit with the least withrawal effect. Many have substituted prescription drugs with whatever they are using. I don't think that changing from one substance to another works/helps everyone. I do know that the method above does work for eveyone. That is everyone who understands and genuinely wants to quit and have a healthy life. After all if you cheat during treatment, you are only cheating yourself.

stw66 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kennerdy View Post
    You've just scored. You feel happy that you're gettting your dose soon. But, what next? Do you realize your addiction is taking you on a path of destruction, which will detroy your mind, body and health? So, what's next is that you decide to quit. There are some who would support their habbit of $3000 per month and when they hear that some drug treatment center charges $5000-$6000, they go WOW, so expensive. But in reality it is much cheaper to spend about 2 month expense of bad habbit to be free of it.

But there are other alternative ways that I know it works and here is one. This method works with any drug even >>>>>>. Most users did not get the amount of their dose overnight. Almost all users start with a dose enough to get them to where they want to be and then in time the dose began to increase to manitain the level they desired.

So, lets reverse this process. All you need to do is to control the dose and begin to reduce as much as possible to go back to the day 1 level. Here is how it works:

Day 1- Measure usage in whatever units, shot of glass, hits or # of pills and write it down (writing down the info will help you understand better, it can also motivate you). Since you've decided to kick the habbit, try to contribute to your usage reduction on this very frist day. Begin to take Energy drinks that are available through local helath food store. Make sure it containes plenty of daily supplement of multi-vitamins. Begin some form of excercise regiment (10-20 min or more). It is a must, even if you don't feel like it.

Day 2 through 5- Beginning on Day 2, reduce your usage by %10-%15. This may be hard because there may be some withrawal feelings but trust me it wo'nt be that bad. Make sure you take the Energy drink and continue with excercise(increase to 25-35 min or more). Write down your current usage amount.

Note: use only to maintain and to keep off withrawal. You may be able to reduce usage by third or half during this period if you only use when you get the withrawal feeling. It may be hard but you can do it, I know you can.

Day 6 through 10- Begginning on day 6 reduce usage by %15-%20 of usage at the end of day 5. Continue with Energy drink and continue with excercise (increase to 40-50 min or more). Again write down current usage amount and only use when you feel withrawal.

Day 11 through 17- Beginning on Day 11 Again reduce usage by %20-%25. Continue with Energy drink and continue with excercise (increase to 1 hr or more). Again write down current usage amount and only use when you feel withrawal.

Follow this routine and by the end of about 30-45 days (or may be more for some) you will be using about %10 or less of what you were using on Day 1. From that point on it is easy for some to just get off and stop using with very little withrawal. Others may want to continue and reduce usage. The idea is to get to a point that you just stop.

Other notes: similar to any other habbits, when changing or breaking such habbit you must have a substitute. Excercise is the best substitute. You should also blend in any other healthy activity that you are interested in, such as playing musical instruments, painting or whatever turns you on. It also helps if you begin to learn somthing new, which is to keep your mind occupied. It is extremely important to keep your mind occupied, so that you think less about what you should not be doing.

Although during this method you are still using, the objective is to get off the habbit with the least withrawal effect. Many have substituted prescription drugs with whatever they are using. I don't think that changing from one substance to another works/helps everyone. I do know that the method above does work for eveyone. That is everyone who understands and genuinely wants to quit and have a healthy life. After all if you cheat during treatment, you are only cheating yourself.
    I agree with you 100%,there is no need to substitute one drug for another.
    I notice alot on this site that certain people try to encourage others to start taking suboxone. iF you are trying to be done with drugs,then be done with them. suboxone withdrawl is worse than methadone withdrawl.....
    I weened myself down over a couple of months, then when I got to a point I stopped using and started drinking lots of fluids with a little excercise,and as time went on I increased my excersice threefold.I truly believe one of the most important part of kicking is fluids and plenty of excercise.Even if you dont feel like doing anything,make yourself.The worse thing you can do is sit around the house moping all day everyday...once your endorphins start to re-plinish (again excercise),You will feel better...............................

sue13 is offline Member

I really don't want to lose this post; I think you are so right about the gradual shift to exercise, and valued "other activities". Thanks,

Sue

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by stw66 View Post
    I notice alot on this site that certain people try to encourage others to start taking suboxone. iF you are trying to be done with drugs,then be done with them. suboxone withdrawl is worse than methadone withdrawl.....
    I weened myself down over a couple of months, then when I got to a point I stopped using and started drinking lots of fluids with a little excercise,and as time went on I increased my excersice threefold.I truly believe one of the most important part of kicking is fluids and plenty of excercise.Even if you dont feel like doing anything,make yourself.The worse thing you can do is sit around the house moping all day everyday...once your endorphins start to re-plinish (again excercise),You will feel better...............................

I totally agree about exercise being a great thing to help with w/d symptoms, as well as drinking fluids and some of these other suggestions. But it isn't your place to judge anyone for choosing to get clean with opiate replacement therapy.

Suboxone has worked great for lots of people right here on this forum and for myself included. I don't believe that you are qualified to tell me that the way I chose to get clean is any of your business. What worked for you was fine for you. But it's none of your business what I chose to do to get clean for me. Saying that suboxone w/d is worse than methadone w/d just goes to show how misinformed you are about this process. So kindly do what is best for you and don't bad mouth what choice I made and the choice others make. It doesn't concern you.

Joooeee is offline New Member

Default the road back

Has anyone tried the Road back programme which is www.theroadback.org? Is it a scam? or is it right?

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

This forum includes members, myself included , who tried to ween off drugs time after time and could never handle the slow detox symptons.As a result we failed every time with 0 clean time.However some of us used suboxone for one month or so and for me,.........for the first time in 5 1/2 years I am more than 70 days clean from all pills "including suboxone".Also a side effect of getting clean from pills ,I have also stopped drinking and smoking pot everyday ....A habit for the last 30 years.I had no withdrawl symptons during my detox from hydrocodone/oxycodone or from the suboxone.Suboxone problems only occur when prescrided incorrectly or trying to abuse.In other words, you are posting sans knowledge.I am totally clean from everything...and I mean everything for the first time in 30 years.Weening may work for some people ....but.. suboxone works too...When you are an addict and want to get clean, for good, it does not matter the method that you use....if it works for you......Sure there are people that had a bad experience with suboxone.There are also people who are having a bad experience weening.Does that mean no one should try weening first.Cold turkey sucks but it is worth a shot.To be close minded to available treatment options is ignorant...We keep trying until we find something that works.For me it was suboxone.. with instructions from a old hippie drug addict who I have never even seen a pic of..haha Robert ........who was kind enough to help me....he helped save my life..so did suboxone.People who have problems with suboxone can not blaim the suboxone.Either blaim yourself or your overprescribing Dr.. I am guily of encouraging people to use suboxone.Get over it.I will continue to do so.
    Last edited by musicman48; 12-02-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I totally agree about exercise being a great thing to help with w/d symptoms, as well as drinking fluids and some of these other suggestions. But it isn't your place to judge anyone for choosing to get clean with opiate replacement therapy.

Suboxone has worked great for lots of people right here on this forum and for myself included. I don't believe that you are qualified to tell me that the way I chose to get clean is any of your business. What worked for you was fine for you. But it's none of your business what I chose to do to get clean for me. Saying that suboxone w/d is worse than methadone w/d just goes to show how misinformed you are about this process. So kindly do what is best for you and don't bad mouth what choice I made and the choice others make. It doesn't concern you.
    Robert,

I think you missed the point about my post and STW comment. There is absolutely no comments about anyones way of doing things to get better healthier life. However, I have to agree with STW about drug swapping to get clean. Just read some of the posts here and you would understand what STW is talking about. There are quite few people who have complained about switching to your choice of drug and then they were hooked on them.

Furthermore, just because you and quite many folks did not have the control over your own mind and body to get clean without dopping with other drugs does not mean that it's the proper method and people should take more drugs to feel better while quitting some other drug. Afterall, if someone trully is done with a bad habbit and wants to quit, he/she has decided to take control over the situation, mind, body and all. Switching drugs while it works for some can only mean one thing which is that the person has the will to quit but lacks the control to quit.

where the idea is to get rid of drugs why would anyone want to intake other drugs (which are not as healthy as it may seem for human body), to get rid of the intial drugs. I know quite many people who used my system and because they had full control over their mind, they were able to get clean without intake of other drugs. I also know some people, no matter how much they tried, they could not gain the necessary control over their own mind to quit without use of a secondary drug.

Like Musicman stated " When you are an addict and want to get clean, for good, it does not matter the method that you use....if it works for you".

One thing is also quite certain that even with use of Methadone or Suboxone, there are still discomforts. There is no bullet proof way about quitting with comfort. The other certain thing is that it is much better and healthier to gain control over my mind and body to clean up and quit. Afterall this same lack of control is the root cause of the beginning of all bad habbits.

The bottom line is the both Kennerdy and stw66 need to worry about how they choose to do things and stay the hell out of the way I choose to deal with my issues. My track record, as does musicman's speak for themself.

You are doing nothing but demonstrating your lack of knowledge and apparent ignorance. How dare you pass judgement on what I choose to do. Just so you know I don't need your approval nor do I need you telling me the right way to do ANYTHING least of all getting clean. I will match my recovery program up against yours any time you are ready.

It's total ignorance that is being demonstrated with your posts. You worry yourself with your own means of detox and stay the hell out of my method. It doesn't concern you and you're obviously so misinformed that any further discussion with you is a waste of time.

The post here that sums it all up is when Kennerdy says, " .... I don't think." Perhaps you should put that thinker to work and stop trying to pass off your judgements on someone who gives a damn about what you think one way or the other.

money_chick is offline Member

If i could have the discipline to taper like that I would not have been an addict to start with.

I chose CT, but Sub was my next step if that didnt work. Sub only causes problems when over prescribed or taken for long periods of time.

Period.

Its very easy for these guys to sit in judgement of others. What a waste of time and energy to even read such nonsense. I mean we all know that all this addiction thing amounts to is mind over matter. NOT Excuse me while I go puke over such nonsense.

cold Turkey or Tapering simply did NOT work for me I have tried many times and I WANTED to be clean! Who would want to have to take this to the next step, spend the $ for a detox if they could have gone it alone...NO ONE. I take offense to you saying that I just didnt want it badly enough or I could have done it of course I dont have contol over my mind the addiction does. You need to study up before making anymore comments like the ones in your repply to musicman. I enjoyed your 1st post you stated an opinion and your method of getting clean. then in the next decided to be rude and judgemental. Its hard to say what will work for someone and what will work for others. I just share my experience and let others make up their own mind. You should do the same
    Last edited by learning_to_be_free; 12-03-2008 at 11:33 AM.

Default Cold turkey?

Quote Originally Posted by learning_to_be_free View Post
    cold Turkey simply did NOT work for me I have tried many times and I WANTED to be clean! Who would want to have to take this to the next step, spend the $ for a detox if they could have gone it alone...NO ONE. I take offense to you saying that I just didnt want it badly enough or I could have done it of course I dont have contol over my mind the addiction does. You need to study up before making anymore comments like the ones in your repply to musicman. I enjoyed your 1st post you stated an opinion and your method of getting clean. then in the next decided to be rude and judgemental. Its hard to say what will work for someone and what will work for others. I just share my experience and let others make up their own mind. You should do the same
    Cold Turkey does not work well for no one including me.

Cold Turkey does not work well for no one including me.
    Tapering didnt work for me either if fact in my case it was the worst thing I tried but I have seen success stories from both those methods. You cant say what will work for people and what wont. Getting clean is very indiviualized Some ways are great for some then tragic for others. It simply can not be known what way to go until you try it. I like to believe we all give everything we try our best effort.

Default Kennerdy

Kennerdy and stw66 ... Rather than continuing to make fools out of yourselves with just repeating your same ridiculous statements over and again why don't you just disappear or at least quit inisisting on posting this garbage. I understand that NONE of us are as smart or as informed about any of this as you are. The thing is NO ONE is the least bit interested in hearing anything else from you two about how weak minded we all are. In short you can both BITE ME. And by the way, cold turkey does happen to work for lots of people.

I will try my best in the future to refer all people to you guys since you're the only ones who really understand the right way to detox. The rest of us are all a bunch of idiots. How have we all managed to make it this far in life without your guidance? It's truly amazing we're all still here and alive. Thank you so much for enlightening us all. I will be forever grateful.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 12-03-2008 at 12:06 PM.

I am an exception to that, as are several people on this board who years of clean time. Thats a biased statement if tehre ever was one.

So, I cant ever be clean cause I went cold turkey? Or, YOU cant?

lowster11 is offline New Member

Its very easy for these guys to sit in judgement of others. What a waste of time and energy to even read such nonsense. I mean we all know that all this addiction thing amounts to is mind over matter. NOT Excuse me while I go puke over such nonsense.
    Yeah right - mind over matter, for what? Gum?
    Last edited by lowster11; 12-04-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Default What an Idiot???

The bottom line is the both Kennerdy and stw66 need to worry about how they choose to do things and stay the hell out of the way I choose to deal with my issues. My track record, as does musicman's speak for themself.

You are doing nothing but demonstrating your lack of knowledge and apparent ignorance. How dare you pass judgement on what I choose to do. Just so you know I don't need your approval nor do I need you telling me the right way to do ANYTHING least of all getting clean. I will match my recovery program up against yours any time you are ready.

It's total ignorance that is being demonstrated with your posts. You worry yourself with your own means of detox and stay the hell out of my method. It doesn't concern you and you're obviously so misinformed that any further discussion with you is a waste of time.

The post here that sums it all up is when Kennerdy says, " .... I don't think." Perhaps you should put that thinker to work and stop trying to pass off your judgements on someone who gives a damn about what you think one way or the other.
    Robert,

1- Who died and put a paranoid idiot like you in charge here?
    2- Where do any of the posts here refer to you and your actions or for that matter anyone else’s?
    3- Other than showing your conviction for use of Suboxone as the only method of cure, how does your comment help anyone here?
    4- Where do you fit in this thread that you inject yourself as a hoity-toity person? Just because you do things your way, it does not mean that everyone should do it your way or it is the only way. Your lack of comprehension is stupendous. You are proof that that there are paranoid idiots who get offended even though no one has said anything to them, which is the case here.

It is obvious that you've done 1 too many drugs and fried things up north. You definitely need psychological help and I mean this truly in a sincere positive way. Perhaps you can take some pills for your condition to help you get rid of the paranoid dilution of thinking that “people are talking about me or my way or people are putting me or my way down”. Well, No one has said a word to you or about your way and for that matter anyone else or their way. Out of the blue you began your BS about “who are you to tell me how to do things” which sound like a teenage rebel with IQ below 0.

In case you are illiterate in comprehending what my initial post stated, I will spell it out in a way that even a person like you would be able to understand and with the hope that perhaps next time you can write something useful that is in context with the post.
    This thread is for those who seek help on “HOW TO QUIT ANY DRUG”. There is absolutely no mention of specific drug such as Opiates (as you’ve imagined it to be) or Meth or any other. Nor it refers to any person or type of person or any of their activity. When you continue to repeatedly state that Suboxone is yours and others wonder drug along with your paranoia of “people are talking about me”, it shows how much you’ve understood of what is being said.

So, do yourself a big favor and next time a post does not mention your name and has nothing to do with you, don't make an A$$ of yourself by making such reply which clearly shows your dopey character.

NOW FYI, I've worked with over 5000 addicts including less intelligently fortunate persons like you in the past 12 years. Everyone knows that to quit an addiction the person must be treated psychologically and physically. Is there one way of quitting bad habits? Yes and No. Yes, because for best results, Nutrition and Exercise seems to be a common ground in the physical part of the addiction treatment. What differs is mostly in the psychological treatment. There are some people that their addiction condition remains with them through out their life. This is mostly due to their living environment condition. Studies have shown that people living in an enriched environment that continually increased the brain activity function by providing different types of social, physical and intellectual stimulation had much reduced vulnerability to addiction. This study that was being conducted to find effective cures for Cocaine addiction, which for time being has no effective therapies to cure, except the method I described above, found that exposure to the enriched environment alone was sufficient enough and one of the best cures for prevention and to quit addiction. Further studies using this method also showed amazing results in the prevention and treatment of other drugs such as Opiates, Methamphetamine, Alcohol and even Cigarettes without the need for any drug substitution. Unfortunately, majority of us are unable to make the necessary environmental changes and we are stuck with our current living conditions. However, what these studies proved is that it is quite possible by simply enriching ones environment and without the use of substitute drug to get them off their addiction. The key element is lack of self control as I’ve stated in earlier post which is the root cause of the addiction. Wouldn’t it be more beneficial when a person treats the root cause of their problem and then miraculously the problem gets diminished? This is what you and quite many people are unable to comprehend. It is very much possible to gain control over your own wicked mind and stop it from taking drugs and waste your neurons. If you have not gained this control, what is to stop your wicked mind from getting you to do some other stupid thing? Keep reading this last sentence and hopefully someday you should understand it.

There is one more point for those who get addicted to prescription drugs. We must take note of the fact that some of these people were legally prescribed these drugs and were told that it good for them and it would cure their ailment. Which of course it did cure one ailment but caused another ailment for some, called addiction. Because, the health industry does not have enough information to know why one person gets addicted to a specific drug and the next person does not get addicted to the same drug, it is then quite difficult to forecast who will be in trouble and who will not. Everyone can believe whatever they wish to believe but when it’s too late and they become addicts sometimes it may take a harsh, unorthodox approach to put them on the right track. Taking one drug to fix one thing and then take another one to fix another thing and then take another one to fix the side affect of this and that. Well there you go. Just keep believing in these pills and someday when your liver, kidney, heart or other organs begin to fail from use of these pills, you may regret your own choices. That’s right its called side affects, which can come sooner or later. I call this one American Roulette.

Years back, like most ignorant people (such as robert), I was prescribed Lodine to treat severe acute back pain. Suffering from sever acute back pain for over 10 month, unable to sit or walk properly, after trying a cocktail of drugs prescribed by my doctor, Lodine was the only drug that gave me the comfort and I called it the wonder drug. 2 years later although Lodine relieved pain and allowed me to move, sit and walk and feel normal, it also created a false feeling in my body that caused the main problem in my back to get worse. I ended up going under the knife for a 7 hrs laminectomy surgery and 27 days stay in the hospital and 6 months away from work. 25 years later, I am still paying for the use of drugs I was prescribed particularly Lodine which during its use I thought it was a wonder drug and it had cured me. Beginning about 2 years after surgery, I began to have arthritic problems such as swollen joints. Then few months later I was hospitalized with total Liver failure. Being young it was quite unusual to have this type and sort of problems, so I spent the next 5 years or so trying to find out why I had these problems. Liver problem came and went on its own and could not be effectively treated because they were unable to pin point the exact problem. Because the Arthritic problems also came and went and did not surface all the time or bother me with pain, I stopped worrying about them till 5 years ago. This was when some of my joints swelled up and stayed that was permanently. I knew something was wrong. So, I began to seek help to find out what’s going on. After about 2 years and participating in a case study at the local University research center, the conclusion was that more likely than any other causes, the use of the drugs while being treated for acute back pain had contributed to my problems. I’ve since switch to alternative medicine and no longer suffer from any problem. People do not realize how much junk can get stored and remain inside the body until it’s flushed out by natural homeopathic remedies. Total body detox is a must for everyone specially those who’ve taken any kind of drug in their life time. You have no idea what feeling good is like until you detox your body organs.

So, Robert please chill out and begin to understand that No one has ever wrote about you except to reply directly to your comment and no one will be writing anything like what I’ve written here about you, unless again you start with the psycho attacks and paranoid dilutions.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Robert,

1- Who died and put a paranoid idiot like you in charge here?
    2- Where do any of the posts here refer to you and your actions or for that matter anyone else’s?
    3- Other than showing your conviction for use of Suboxone as the only method of cure, how does your comment help anyone here?
    4- Where do you fit in this thread that you inject yourself as a hoity-toity person? Just because you do things your way, it does not mean that everyone should do it your way or it is the only way. Your lack of comprehension is stupendous. You are proof that that there are paranoid idiots who get offended even though no one has said anything to them, which is the case here.

It is obvious that you've done 1 too many drugs and fried things up north. You definitely need psychological help and I mean this truly in a sincere positive way. Perhaps you can take some pills for your condition to help you get rid of the paranoid dilution of thinking that “people are talking about me or my way or people are putting me or my way down”. Well, No one has said a word to you or about your way and for that matter anyone else or their way. Out of the blue you began your BS about “who are you to tell me how to do things” which sound like a teenage rebel with IQ below 0.

In case you are illiterate in comprehending what my initial post stated, I will spell it out in a way that even a person like you would be able to understand and with the hope that perhaps next time you can write something useful that is in context with the post.
    This thread is for those who seek help on “HOW TO QUIT ANY DRUG”. There is absolutely no mention of specific drug such as Opiates (as you’ve imagined it to be) or Meth or any other. Nor it refers to any person or type of person or any of their activity. When you continue to repeatedly state that Suboxone is yours and others wonder drug along with your paranoia of “people are talking about me”, it shows how much you’ve understood of what is being said.

So, do yourself a big favor and next time a post does not mention your name and has nothing to do with you, don't make an A$$ of yourself by making such reply which clearly shows your dopey character.

NOW FYI, I've worked with over 5000 addicts including less intelligently fortunate persons like you in the past 12 years. Everyone knows that to quit an addiction the person must be treated psychologically and physically. Is there one way of quitting bad habits? Yes and No. Yes, because for best results, Nutrition and Exercise seems to be a common ground in the physical part of the addiction treatment. What differs is mostly in the psychological treatment. There are some people that their addiction condition remains with them through out their life. This is mostly due to their living environment condition. Studies have shown that people living in an enriched environment that continually increased the brain activity function by providing different types of social, physical and intellectual stimulation had much reduced vulnerability to addiction. This study that was being conducted to find effective cures for Cocaine addiction, which for time being has no effective therapies to cure, except the method I described above, found that exposure to the enriched environment alone was sufficient enough and one of the best cures for prevention and to quit addiction. Further studies using this method also showed amazing results in the prevention and treatment of other drugs such as Opiates, Methamphetamine, Alcohol and even Cigarettes without the need for any drug substitution. Unfortunately, majority of us are unable to make the necessary environmental changes and we are stuck with our current living conditions. However, what these studies proved is that it is quite possible by simply enriching ones environment and without the use of substitute drug to get them off their addiction. The key element is lack of self control as I’ve stated in earlier post which is the root cause of the addiction. Wouldn’t it be more beneficial when a person treats the root cause of their problem and then miraculously the problem gets diminished? This is what you and quite many people are unable to comprehend. It is very much possible to gain control over your own wicked mind and stop it from taking drugs and waste your neurons. If you have not gained this control, what is to stop your wicked mind from getting you to do some other stupid thing? Keep reading this last sentence and hopefully someday you should understand it.

There is one more point for those who get addicted to prescription drugs. We must take note of the fact that some of these people were legally prescribed these drugs and were told that it good for them and it would cure their ailment. Which of course it did cure one ailment but caused another ailment for some, called addiction. Because, the health industry does not have enough information to know why one person gets addicted to a specific drug and the next person does not get addicted to the same drug, it is then quite difficult to forecast who will be in trouble and who will not. Everyone can believe whatever they wish to believe but when it’s too late and they become addicts sometimes it may take a harsh, unorthodox approach to put them on the right track. Taking one drug to fix one thing and then take another one to fix another thing and then take another one to fix the side affect of this and that. Well there you go. Just keep believing in these pills and someday when your liver, kidney, heart or other organs begin to fail from use of these pills, you may regret your own choices. That’s right its called side affects, which can come sooner or later. I call this one American Roulette.

Years back, like most ignorant people (such as robert), I was prescribed Lodine to treat severe acute back pain. Suffering from sever acute back pain for over 10 month, unable to sit or walk properly, after trying a cocktail of drugs prescribed by my doctor, Lodine was the only drug that gave me the comfort and I called it the wonder drug. 2 years later although Lodine relieved pain and allowed me to move, sit and walk and feel normal, it also created a false feeling in my body that caused the main problem in my back to get worse. I ended up going under the knife for a 7 hrs laminectomy surgery and 27 days stay in the hospital and 6 months away from work. 25 years later, I am still paying for the use of drugs I was prescribed particularly Lodine which during its use I thought it was a wonder drug and it had cured me. Beginning about 2 years after surgery, I began to have arthritic problems such as swollen joints. Then few months later I was hospitalized with total Liver failure. Being young it was quite unusual to have this type and sort of problems, so I spent the next 5 years or so trying to find out why I had these problems. Liver problem came and went on its own and could not be effectively treated because they were unable to pin point the exact problem. Because the Arthritic problems also came and went and did not surface all the time or bother me with pain, I stopped worrying about them till 5 years ago. This was when some of my joints swelled up and stayed that was permanently. I knew something was wrong. So, I began to seek help to find out what’s going on. After about 2 years and participating in a case study at the local University research center, the conclusion was that more likely than any other causes, the use of the drugs while being treated for acute back pain had contributed to my problems. I’ve since switch to alternative medicine and no longer suffer from any problem. People do not realize how much junk can get stored and remain inside the body until it’s flushed out by natural homeopathic remedies. Total body detox is a must for everyone specially those who’ve taken any kind of drug in their life time. You have no idea what feeling good is like until you detox your body organs.

So, Robert please chill out and begin to understand that No one has ever wrote about you except to reply directly to your comment and no one will be writing anything like what I’ve written here about you, unless again you start with the psycho attacks and paranoid dilutions.
    The fact is most addiction experts agree that tapering is one of the most least effective ways of quitting drugs.also ,I thought I was a bad speller...I have never claimed to be an expert in addiction .But if you have helped 5000 people with habits and delusions you would at least be able to spell those words...your spelling really damages your credibilty as an intellectual in the field of addiction..The fact is, suboxone has saved lives and you truly sound ignorant by your closed minded attitude..You are not only ignorant to successful addiction treatments but barely intelligible.I guess that makes me paranoid too. I am glad I listened to Robert and not to your assinine hogwash.Otherwise I would still be addicted...or dead...Your claims of helping 5000 people are bs with your lack of knowledge.In other words you are full of sheist..BTW congrats...I think you are the first >>>> hole I have ever responded to on this forum....for those of you reading this please consider all forms of detox methods,Cold turkey,Tapering,Suboxone and even methadone....Whatever it takes...This thread is non productive and my apologies for taking up space.

Default Another idiot posting BS...

Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    The fact is most addiction experts agree that tapering is one of the most least effective ways of quitting drugs.also ,I thought I was a bad speller...I have never claimed to be an expert in addiction .But if you have helped 5000 people with habits and delusions you would at least be able to spell those words...your spelling really damages your credibilty as an intellectual in the field of addiction..The fact is, suboxone has saved lives and you truly sound ignorant by your closed minded attitude..You are not only ignorant to successful addiction treatments but barely intelligible.I guess that makes me paranoid too. I am glad I listened to Robert and not to your assinine hogwash.Otherwise I would still be addicted...or dead...Your claims of helping 5000 people are bs with your lack of knowledge.In other words you are full of sheist..BTW congrats...I think you are the first >>>> hole I have ever responded to on this forum....for those of you reading this please consider all forms of detox methods,Cold turkey,Tapering,Suboxone and even methadone....Whatever it takes...This thread is non productive and my apologies for taking up space.
    Musicman,

You guys are truly a bread of your own kind. Toooooo dumb to be able to read and understand the words. Buddy this is internet you write it as it sounds and every one understands it. Exept you and your dumb A$$ idiot like kind buddy, Robert. You guys have your head up each others A$$ sooo far that even when it's spelled out for people with learning impaired brains like you two, still don't get it. This thread is not about your psycho mind taking Opiates. There is never a mention of anything about you two, or your way or your type of activity. Which part of this you two don't understand?

What part of ANY DRUGS do you two not understand? You want everyone to take suboxone for their problems? WOW, what a dumbA$$.

So, please do yourself a big favor and stop making a bigger A$$ of yourself and let people who understand my post read and perhaps learn something. By the way you and Robert both seem to be total drug freaks supporting further consumption of drugs for addicts who want to stop. Musicman: "The fact is most addiction experts agree that tapering is one of the most least (most least??? Sound like your brain, it’s full of empty) effective ways (way, no s here buddy) of quitting drugs." #1 this is passé #2 of course when the expert have to deal with so many people like you two who have absolutely no control over your own wicked mind, and they also want to support the pharmaceutical companies, they then have to resort to more drugs. More and more and more drugs. You guys give a new meaning to these words; once a junky, always a junky.

Just read my post about environment change. Then get some one who is illiterate to do some research and explain it to you. Then try to explain it to your other half, Robert. Perhaps a class in reading comprehension can help and will be the better use of your time. I also recommend that you two lovebirds seek help in the psychological section of this site.

There seems to be few people here who have not even read my initial post carefully and they keep saying that it does not work for me. I am familiar with your type and all I have to say is that most likely my instruction above was not followed. Did you write down your dosage or just said you are gonna do less. This is what I am talking about. People have problem following directions, then they say it doesn't work.

Please stop writing about your BS here and allow the folks to read and judge on their own. Your lack of comprehension is fully documented and noted here. There is no need for further embracement.

They say that wisdom comes with age. Sorry for you two that lack of it has prevailed here.
    Last edited by Kennerdy; 12-05-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Ok, I read your entire post, but it didn't address the fact that addicts, when faced with drugs TAKE DRUGS.

I tried to taper. I honestly did. I wrote down my dosages, did all of that, even went to meetings. I couldn't do it because my addict mind wanted the drugs I should taper with NOW. That's the addiction, and that's what you must beat.

Thats beside the point. You go on to stae cold turkey doesn't work. Then why am I clean?

And in your first post, I must say I thought it well written and you educated.

Now that you've shown what an immature person you are and that you are incapable of adult conversation, I just think its junk.

Oh well.

Default tapering did not work??

Tapering didnt work for me either if fact in my case it was the worst thing I tried but I have seen success stories from both those methods. You cant say what will work for people and what wont. Getting clean is very indiviualized Some ways are great for some then tragic for others. It simply can not be known what way to go until you try it. I like to believe we all give everything we try our best effort.
    Did you write down dosage as I instructed above? It makes a big big difference. Doing it in our head is OK if it works, it appears that it did not work for you.

I know if some of follows my instruction above carefully, they have have a %65-$75 chance to kick the habit.

One more thing for anyone who has used any method to quit. Use of body Detox drink available thru health store is also a good way of cleaning the Liver, Kidney and your entire body. Then you will see how feeling great feels like.

This thread is totally ignorant. Hopefully the administrator will just delete the entire thing. I've never seen such counterproductive nonsense since being a member of this community. What a bunch of foolishness and smoke blowing.

Default tapering did not work??

Did you write down dosage as I instructed above? It makes a big big difference. Doing it in our head is OK if it works, it appears that it did not work for you.

I know if some of follows my instruction above carefully, they have %65-$75 chance to kick the habit and it works with ANY BAD HABIT not just Opiates or Meth or pot. By the way as I wrote in earlier post here, there is absolutely no effective therapy for Cocaine addiction. This method is the only effective way to get off Cocaine.

One more thing for anyone who has used any method to quit. Use of body Detox drink available thru health store is also a good way of cleansing the Liver, Kidney and your entire body. Then you will see how feeling great feels like.

opiatelover is offline Junior Member

I totally agree with u money. I went cold turkey and didnt touch a single drug for a long time. I guess the b/s meetings help some peeps. What worked for me was love, my family, and my life.
    ZenWithIn

stw66 is offline New Member

I know if some of follows my instruction above carefully, they have %65-$75 chance to kick the habit and it works with ANY BAD HABIT not just Opiates or Meth or pot. By the way as I wrote in earlier post here, there is absolutely no effective therapy for Cocaine addiction. This method is the only effective way to get off Cocaine.

One more thing for anyone who has used any method to quit. Use of body Detox drink available thru health store is also a good way of cleansing the Liver, Kidney and your entire body. Then you will see how feeling great feels like.
    Robert,not me nor kennerdy ever mentioned your name on this thread. You just replied and then tried to dominate and bully you way through the thread..
    Everyone is entitled to speak freely offering advice (just like you do). Just because we believe in a total drug free body,and dont wish to subject ourselves to further abuse by continuing medication. There will come a time when you will want to be done with all drugs,unfortunatly robert, for you that day has yet to come.

Robert,not me nor kennerdy ever mentioned your name on this thread. You just replied and then tried to dominate and bully you way through the thread..
    Everyone is entitled to speak freely offering advice (just like you do). Just because we believe in a total drug free body,and dont wish to subject ourselves to further abuse by continuing medication. There will come a time when you will want to be done with all drugs,unfortunatly robert, for you that day has yet to come.

My clean date is none of your business but I will bet it's before yours. I won't acknowledge any other posts from this thread. It's a total waste of my time.

Now, really. Your post are usually informative and intelligent. That was ridiculous and childish.

Lets get back to what matters here without insulting each other anymore.

What works for one doesn't work for all. Recovery isn't one size fits all.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-05-2008 at 07:32 PM.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

We all have our own way of staying in recovery. What works for some may not work for other's but what really counts is getting into recovery and staying there. I have heard tons of different ways to get ones addiction (not a habit) under control and believe me some of them sounded crazy but what was important was it worked for that person. So for people to come here and offer info on how they control their addiction is wonderful.Someone reading that may find something that clicks.
    When people come on and post that their way is the only way or that substituting one drug for another (which really is a misguided statement) is not the way to go. These people have more then one objective and that's how we should always know that they really don't care about addicts.They only want to get people to do things their way (usually a kooky religion is involved in these cases but not all). So offer your info on how you got clean and leave it at that. Don't try and insult my or anyone elses intellegence by telling me your way is the only way...........Hang in there everyone and keep up the good fight on staying clean........Dave
    Last edited by mpvt; 12-05-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Right on Dave. Nice to see someone post with an obvious triple digit IQ.

Psyched is offline Member

Guys, stop the arguing and name-calling. This forum is here to help people, not attack them or put down their thoughts or ideas. Kennerdy, I haven't read any posts of yours but this one but I'm sure you have a lot of advise and information to offer. Robert; however; posts here daily (sometimes I think it's hourl) and I know he has helped a lot of people and has really good advice and insight to offer. Now, I'm not an addict but I work with a lot of people who are and I have learned it's best not to judge people especially when you've never been in their shoes and have only read about the things they go through and experience.

Now, I hope you both continue to offer your own brand of advice without attacking anybody. If you sit in judgement of people Kennerdy, no one on this forum will respect anything you have to say.

Robert, don't get frustrated. You do a LOT of good work here and I know you will keep it.