How long (I'm probably overreacting)
    moirane is offline New Member

Default How long (I'm probably overreacting)

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about stopping Oxycodone and the withdrawal that goes with it.

I have been taking Oxycodone, 5mg tablets since March 4th. I have been taking 2 tablets every 4 hours and am going to run out this evening.

What should I expect as far as withdrawal symptoms tomorrow (or longer?)?

If anyone has any insight it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Jill

blazeaglory is offline New Member

you will be very uncomfortable and might not sleep for a little bit few days maybe? if this is your first detox you have a very good chance of getting through it but dont give into the cravings and never use again. good luck

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

If you've only been taking them since the beginning of March and it's not even April yet, I wouldn't even worry that much at all. The discomfort, if any, will be mild with perhaps a touch of insomnia. I don't even know if any of that will happen. It's not even 3 weeks. I believe you'll be just fine. As stated above, don't give in to any cravings for that extra feeling and you'll be good to go.

Melissa B is offline Senior Member

Moirane

I agree with Bev that you shouldn't be too bad off. I would have to say that you will feel sore mostly and maybe a bit agitated, but for the most part it won't be that horrific. I can remember the early days of taking percs for a couple weeks at a time and I was always very sore and grouchy when I ran out, but nothing like the extreme withdrawal I experienced once I got deeper into my addiction. Let us know how your feeling in the days to come and try not to give into the cravings and you should be fine.

Melissa
    Melissa

disabledleo is offline Member

Default moirane ????

I pray she hasn't posted since because she made it ok....?
    I sure hope so for her sake & everyone around her