Results 1 to 30 of 30
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By Normankay
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By drugfreeme3
  • 2 Post By ARTIST658
How do I get prescribed opiates? HELP!
  1. #1
    F33lmyScoliosis is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default How do I get prescribed opiates? HELP!

    To start off I made that title to get attention. But let me really start off with my problems. i'm 20 a year old male, would call myself healthy, used to be a gym fanatic and jock in high school, good grades, etc. Haven't been consistent with the gym for a year then back at it now for a 2 weeks, but that's irrelevant. I have scoliosis of a 40 degree curvature that begins in T-2 of my neck and continues in a flipped 'S.' In July of 2010 I was involved in a head on car accident at 45 mph with no seat belt. Didn't suffer a single physical injury, but I strongly believed I had a concussion but the doc's at the E.R said no...although the next day my vascularity in my head was very pronounced, again going off topic.No back pain or anything. Now in November of 2010 was involved in another car accident, I know maybe I'm accident prone or maybe people enjoy staring at my nice, done-up, fresh cars, lost both. but I wasn't moving, car hit the driver side of my car doing 30 mph. Now, following this car accident, well a week or so after, I noticed a sort-of "pressure" in my middle back that was persistent all day, everyday. Now in every position, sitting, standing, laying, I have this constant pressure and eventually continues to a sharp pain. Imagine sitting in a cruddy school desk, those plastic chairs, all day and never being comfortable. That's what I feel everyday and turns into a sharp pain. Went to my family doc and he just prescribed me cyclobenzoprene at 20mg and percocet 5/500mg. That hardly helped, and eventually stopped helping altogether. Was told they couldn't prescribed me anything stronger. I went to a lawyer to sue the other insurance company, they denied my accident yet I have police reports and everything, I don't know, sh*tty Liberty Mutual at its best, thanks guys at LM. The lawyer referred me to a chiropractor. Went 3x a week, 20 minute massage and stim/realignment. I then got MRI's of my back that revealed no disc or nerve damage. So he then wanted MRI's of my neck, also negative, except for a bulge in my neck, suspected from football. Still no explanation for the discomfort or pain. My chiropractor then referred me to an orthopedic. He noted the scoliosis, was unable to diagnose the pain, prescribed me hydrocodone 7.5/750mg, great thanks for the aspirin overdose waiting to happen, and prescribed meloxicam 15mg, and stated I do physical therapy for 6 weeks and meet back, yeah because that'll sure help. This hardly helped after the first week and was again told they could not prescribe me anything stronger. Now I haven't been on anything and the only substance to stop the pain is either being drunk when I'm out or smoking weed, been smoking for 5 years off and on and that's always stopped any pain. I've told the doctors exactly what I wrote in this and their reports would show so. Just today I went to a walk-n pain clinic in attempts for something and they denied me because I go through no-fault with everything so far with this case. However I am covered under Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield and stated I would go through that, but they still denied.


    How can I get anything prescribed to me thats strong? Im not a druggie I just know they work because of prior use and f*ck spending money on pills. I dont look like a drug chaser or whatever. Im not nervous when Im in there. I dont ask for specifics.

    I can't get anything to help with my pain. What can I do or say or go? Anyone from Long Island know of any good pain clinics? Thanks in advance, my bad on the huge post, gotta be specific.
    Last edited by F33lmyScoliosis; 02-08-2011 at 09:55 PM.

  2. #2
    F33lmyScoliosis is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    People view but don't contribute, great

  3. #3
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F33lmyScoliosis View Post
    People view but don't contribute, great



    People view posts to see if they can help but not everyone has a dr in a specific location that will prescribe you the meds of your choice. This isn't the yellow pages, it's a forum for support. You can't expect a reply to a request like yours in 12 hours! Not trying to be a wise guy but you need to go find a dr and this forum isn't designed to be a source for scoring drugs.

    If you can't find a dr that will prescribe the meds you want then you should go to the hospital. But it's being pretty presumptious that you can expect to come on this forum and have someone tell you where to score even if you have a legitmate problem. That isn't what this forum is designed for. Good luck finding a dr. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-09-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  4. #4
    F33lmyScoliosis is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    People view posts to see if they can help but not everyone has a dr in a specific location that will prescribe you the meds of your choice. This isn't the yellow pages, it's a forum for support. You can't expect a reply to a request like yours in 12 hours! Not trying to be a wise guy but you need to go find a dr and this forum isn't designed to be a source for scoring drugs.

    If you can't find a dr that will prescribe the meds you want then you should go to the hospital. But it's being pretty presumptious that you can expect to come on this forum and have someone tell you where to score even if you have a legitmate problem. That isn't what this forum is designed for. Good luck finding a dr. God bless.
    Yeah I figured I wouldn't expect a response, but thanks for one with detail. I've been googling and cannot find a pain clinic on long island that can assist with no fault, although I do have health insurance. Just today the pain was terrible waking up and after P.T an hr ago it sure isn't any better. I made this thread as a last resort to see if anyone on long island has had success at a specific clinic, not just to 'score drugs' from but one that'll actually serve me.

  5. #5
    grip is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    214

    Default

    You can surely mask the pain if you take enough opiates but they won't work for long, then you'll have a serious physical dependency. You'll really know what pain is once you have to detox. I could be wrong but it sounds like about 90% of the discomfort from your condition is related to inflammation. A round of steroids and NSAIDS would likely be more effective.

  6. #6
    F33lmyScoliosis is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    You can surely mask the pain if you take enough opiates but they won't work for long, then you'll have a serious physical dependency. You'll really know what pain is once you have to detox. I could be wrong but it sounds like about 90% of the discomfort from your condition is related to inflammation. A round of steroids and NSAIDS would likely be more effective.
    Masking is what I would like. I've seen the worst side of addiction and detox. My oldest sister was a >>>>>> addict. Ever see someone's left arm have a black vein running down it from shooting up blues and >>>>>>, pretty gross. That messed with my head when I was younger and I refuse to become addicted to something. I've seen my friends become addicted to pills and I was doing it along them, and I'd normally do the most because of a high tolerance, yet never felt addicted. This was throughout high school a friend's mom had 2 scripts, 2mg dilaudid and 8mg dilaudid, damn crazy time with those. Saw one friend over dose, but didnt die, and another became hooked but got off quick. Besides, >> rather smoke a blunt than pop a blue.

    I've taken meloxicam, naprosen, patches, soma was alright, skelaxin, hydrocodone, percocet, with not much success, besides the opiates to an extent.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-09-2011 at 10:53 PM.

  7. #7
    grip is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    214

    Thumbs down Dumb Dumb

    Quote Originally Posted by F33lmyScoliosis View Post
    I refuse to become addicted to something. .
    Famous last words of every addict

  8. #8
    F33lmyScoliosis is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Famous last words of every addict
    Of course it is. Been messin around with this for years now and never felt dependent on a substance. Minus stimulants, caffeine is mighty addictive. Much more addicting than any pain killer I've taken.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-10-2011 at 10:27 PM.

  9. #9
    HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California Bay Area
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    All he was saying was that is what all addicts say is all. He meant no harm by it. This isn't about being macho or bragging to see who can take the most or the longest. Who doesn't get hooked when using or what ever. If used more than once except for legitimate reasons the addictive behaviour is there. If you can quite anytime then why are you taking them? I know I know because you like them. That puts you right in there with all of us.

    Henry
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-11-2011 at 03:50 PM.

  10. #10
    grip is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Henry

    Dude at your age I was Dr Voodoo. The guy that stood on the corner in the leather jacket with a big grin and wink. I'd did everything and was addicted to nothing,,,,, YET.
    Then it happened. One day I realized I had crossed that line and was in the "Twilight Zone." Don't know at what point it occurred and can't tell you when because you won't be aware of it when it happens, only when it's too late. You're Owned and his name ain't Mr Happy

    Caffeine and stimulants? That's stuff little girls take to lose weight. You better buck up and put your man panties on

  11. #11
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Henry

    Dude at your age I was Dr Voodoo. The guy that stood on the corner in the leather jacket with a big grin and wink. I'd did everything and was addicted to nothing,,,,, YET.
    Then it happened. One day I realized I had crossed that line and was in the "Twilight Zone." Don't know at what point it occurred and can't tell you when because you won't be aware of it when it happens, only when it's too late. You're Owned and his name ain't Mr Happy

    Caffeine and stimulants? That's stuff little girls take to lose weight. You better buck up and put your man panties on




    Grip ........Who do you think you are talking to? Henry was taking up for you if you read the goofy reply. What the hell are you talking about?

    "Buck up and put your man panties on?" Are you insane? I think you owe Henry an apology and you need to read the posts more clearly. Are you using drugs now or what?
    And what do you know what Henry was doing at any age? You're just talking nonsense BS and addressing the wrong guy. You're trying to have a pi$$ing contest with someone who was supporting you. READ!!!!
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-10-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  12. #12
    grip is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    214

    Default

    The big smile was for Henry the rest or Dude part was for F33lmyScoliosis. Guess I should've made that more clear. Am I insane? Probably not but I've been called worse No I'm not on any drugs of any kind. I think you've got me all wrong personally because I was partially trying to be amusing but you don't seem to have taken my light hearted approach with any humor. I was also trying to encourage a young man drug searching to reconsider a different alternative. Sorry you found my message so offensive.

  13. #13
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    The big smile was for Henry the rest or Dude part was for F33lmyScoliosis. Guess I should've made that more clear. Am I insane? Probably not but I've been called worse No I'm not on any drugs of any kind. I think you've got me all wrong personally because I was partially trying to be amusing but you don't seem to have taken my light hearted approach with any humor. I was also trying to encourage a young man drug searching to reconsider a different alternative. Sorry you found my message so offensive.




    I may have over-reacted but the way you worded it as if it was directed to Henry got to me. Henry is my dear friend and helps so many people here. I support Henry just as he would support me. Sorry if I misunderstood your reply. No hard feelings intended now that I understand. Sorry my friend! God bless.
    Denana1967 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  14. #14
    grip is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    214

    Default

    No prob Henry knew I was trying to help the guy. And I know it's probably a waste of time but you never know. Sometimes being colorful is more effective than droning on like a school teacher. Being naive and flip about addiction was also my attitude at 20 and if I could communicate the sheer power of abusing that miserable substance. I guess that's the point of all the pain and suffering in this world to turn our stubborn and ignorant attitudes around because being nice and caring sure doesn't do it.

  15. #15
    HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California Bay Area
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Glad that is clarified!

    I just got on and read that post and my first thought was "now what"?!?!?

    Grip, thanks for the clarification. I would have read into it wrong. We get so many people on here bashing what people say that it seems the only thing they want to do is start trouble. There are so many people here that have succeeded in their quest for coming clean that it is a shame that new comers have to see stuff like that. It just scares them away. Some people though have nothing better to do with their time I guess. I can tell you have been round the block quite a few yourself. Keep the faith!

    Robert, Thanks buddy. I know the feeling. When someone starts writing something negative about someone you care about it really gets under your skin. I know it does mine more so than if it were directed at me!

    Have a great Friday guys!

    Henry

  16. #16
    grip is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    214

    Thumbs up

    oh yes Henry I've been around the block... is that a polite way of saying I'm old,,lol.
    I understand about being quick to put out a flash fire,, once they take hold you end up with a forum war.. I actually cracked up when Robert asked if I was insane

  17. #17
    HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California Bay Area
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    oh yes Henry I've been around the block... is that a polite way of saying I'm old,,lol.
    I understand about being quick to put out a flash fire,, once they take hold you end up with a forum war.. I actually cracked up when Robert asked if I was insane
    I am older than you most likely. One thing about addiction it doesn't care how old the person is.
    Robert is a straight forward guy. No nonsense and that is what I respect about him. No beating around the bush. You can tell that he has been there and done that and he knows very well that many times when working with addicts the language must be harsh and straight. Nothing personal but one just needs to get their attention due to the nature of addiction. When I help people face to face sometimes I have to get down right nasty with them only to have them look at me with a hurt puppy look and they tell me that I hurt their feelings and how could I be so brutal. I just ask them "do I have your attention now?" Lol!
    Things appear different to every individual. He probably asked you that because until you explained your message and since he knows me so well the interpretation would seem so. We here on the forum are pretty loyal and protective of each other. Much as a big family when one gets picked on by someone you will see others jumping in and although no one needs to be defended as we all can take care of ourselves it is that connection we all share that just makes it so we want to get into the fight so to speak because we all share a common bond and have been through so much. Camaraderie, team spirit, family loyalty, call it what one may but that is just another tiny factor that makes this forum so unique and successful.
    Hang in there!

    Henry

  18. #18
    F33lmyScoliosis is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Henry

    Dude at your age I was Dr Voodoo. The guy that stood on the corner in the leather jacket with a big grin and wink. I'd did everything and was addicted to nothing,,,,, YET.
    Then it happened. One day I realized I had crossed that line and was in the "Twilight Zone." Don't know at what point it occurred and can't tell you when because you won't be aware of it when it happens, only when it's too late. You're Owned and his name ain't Mr Happy

    Caffeine and stimulants? That's stuff little girls take to lose weight. You better buck up and put your man panties on
    Oh don't worry I got my tighty-whiteys on and theyre holdin my balls pretty nice. If you read my post prior you'd notice I said how I've messed around with other substances, dilaudid, roxys, vics, percs, etc. And i've witnessed my friends become addicted to them and me not. Its all mental bro. You dont want to be addicted to something, then tell yourself you dont want to be. How do you think people go cold turkey? Because theyre mentally ready. I've been messing around with pills since Ive been 15 after my wrist surgery they gave me 60 perc 10s and I was poppin 5 in my second period class just to enjoy the school day. Not mention all the nights of sniffing dilaudid or roxys and puffin with my dudes. Never once have I felt addicted to anything after 4 years of messing around with substances. As Im sitting, sober, in my room I have no temptation for any pills. I just want something to take away the pain i feel 24/7! But hey, apparently Im the inexperienced one because I have a few posts. Been browsing here since I was 15 and learned more than most people will in their lives......


    edit: I attempt to make a legitimate thread and you people poke fun at my problems, thanks. You think Im some druggie attempting to score, well youre wrong.
    Last edited by F33lmyScoliosis; 02-11-2011 at 07:44 PM.

  19. #19
    grip is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    214

    Cool For Real?

    No disrespect F33lmyScoliosis meant... And I actually gave a legitimate response to your condition if you read my posts.. I don't believe you'll benefit from long term opiate meds,, at best you'll numb yourself for a few months before it becomes a worse problem than your pain.. I could be wrong.. I live with some pretty rough pain and it's still better than opioids.. I don't have many posts either but you can't honestly compare your experience with Robert, Henry and I? Between us we must have 150 yrs or more combined time on this planet, not including war stories that would freak out a Navy Seal .. To some degree I believe you're correct about addiction being a mental problem but trust me if you take opiates long enough I don't care who you are you're going to become physically dependent.. And eventually it will affect your mind and emotions because as you feel those withdrawals come for the first time you're going to run, run and find a taste.. I was hardcore brother and nothing stuck to me either until my health went.. I'm not saying you're a babe in the woods with no street cred but you would have to add about another 30 chemicals to your list to come close to us.. All we're saying is if you play with the devils toys you're going to pay his price,, and you can't imagine yet how terrible that is..

  20. #20
    F33lmyScoliosis is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    No disrespect F33lmyScoliosis meant... And I actually gave a legitimate response to your condition if you read my posts.. I don't believe you'll benefit from long term opiate meds,, at best you'll numb yourself for a few months before it becomes a worse problem than your pain.. I could be wrong.. I live with some pretty rough pain and it's still better than opioids.. I don't have many posts either but you can't honestly compare your experience with Robert, Henry and I? Between us we must have 150 yrs or more combined time on this planet, not including war stories that would freak out a Navy Seal .. To some degree I believe you're correct about addiction being a mental problem but trust me if you take opiates long enough I don't care who you are you're going to become physically dependent.. And eventually it will affect your mind and emotions because as you feel those withdrawals come for the first time you're going to run, run and find a taste.. I was hardcore brother and nothing stuck to me either until my health went.. I'm not saying you're a babe in the woods with no street cred but you would have to add about another 30 chemicals to your list to come close to us.. All we're saying is if you play with the devils toys you're going to pay his price,, and you can't imagine yet how terrible that is..
    I've read your other posts, but like I said I've seen the worst part of addiction through my oldest sister and that f*cked with my head when I was 12/13 years old and I mentally refuse to be dependent on a substance, and so far I've yet to be addicted, I doubt I have anywhere near as close of experience as you guys on here, but I've had enough experience to make any newbie fiend pills. But one vivid memory is me sleeping on my couch only to be awoken to 3 paramedics carrying my sister down from her room upstairs from overdosing on roxys at 2:30am. Im not like other people, im extremely far from being weak minded. I consider myself weird and emotionless and this has also affected me. But again, it help because Ive yet to feel dependence on a drug, besides stimulants, caffeine/coke/ephedrine, just because they really get you going. About coke, did it 4 times and its just what everyone says, a hell of a drug. But over hyped just like every drug in this world.

    Im not looking to be on a long term schedule for opiates. I plan to get scoliosis surgery within the year, so hopefully my pain will be gone after that. But I am 100% aware of the brain's chemistry being effected by opiates. I understand exactly how they work inside our brains, stomaches, and noses. Again, like I sad, Ive been on this forum since I was 15, 5 years, and Ive learned SO much. I just want something to take away my pain. And if I could say it to a Doc, >> say I want 20mg roxicodone to hold me over till the surgery. Then Im aware >> be on dilaudid, morphine, roxys, and fentanyl, for post surgery for 2 weeks to deal with the pain. Would this cause addicion? Idk Ill have to find out. And if it does, ok Ill fight it mentally and deal with it. Because like going cold turkey, you gotta really find someting deep inside yourself to overcome it. And not to be blowing steam outta my ass, I have those mental capabilities to overcome a lot of sh*t.

    So if Ive been coming off as a d1ck to you or others, my bad but its just annoying to be in pain all day every day, and night, and have doctors give me fcking 7.5 hydrocodone thinking itll help and then having nothing to help, besides cannibus. So thank you marijuana for alleviating me of my back pains and helping me sleep thanks to a non addictive natural plant that should be legal for medicinal use in NY. But thats different argument.
    Last edited by F33lmyScoliosis; 02-11-2011 at 11:37 PM.

  21. #21
    grip is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Like all of us F33lmyScoliosis you've got to walk your own path. Most the people on this board have similar stories of traumatized youths and strong independent personalities. And everyone of us thought "I'm not like other people." You're already more like us than you know

    I'm not saying medication isn't a spectacular thing used properly and short term pain control is exactly how opiates work best. If hydrocodone (<-opiate) gives you no relief but marijuana does then something is wrong. And if marijuana works then why something else? I doubt any doctor is going to give you dilaudid, morphine, roxys, and fentanyl, all at once, unless they're trying to euthanize you.

    All I'm pointing out is if you take any opioid for over a month you're going to have some painful physical withdrawals when you quit. And you're mental capabilities won't alleviate one bit of the sweats, chills, shakes, bone aches, sleeplessness, etc. etc. All your brain will be saying is "Why didn't I listen to that guy on the forum?" You say, "Because like going cold turkey, you gotta really find something deep inside yourself to overcome it." Have you done it? Are you speaking from experience? I have several times and it's worse than you can imagine.

    The best I can recommend if you simply must have pain meds try to limit them to 2 week periods at a time. Good luck with your condition and surgery

  22. #22
    F33lmyScoliosis is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Marijuana works wonders compared to a weak opiate, but I have a high tolerance for opiates and anything on that matter. I smoke a good amount to feel an euphoric feeling. And I known Im not going to get all that prescribe, until after surgery. From someones personal experience after getting the surgery they were prescribed all that for the first week or 2 for post surgery pain. And again like I said, I dont plan to be on a long term, everyday opiate use. Thats where the addiction comes from. I was railing out half an 8mg dilaudid and poppin a 2mg every night with my friend for 3 weeks straight. Didnt feel any withdrawl symptoms, unlike my friend. But I understand where you're coming from because its 100% true, your brain will be chemically dependent on the substance. I see people on this forum with addiction issues, whether it be street drugs or prescribed, and they're talking from experiences of 1yr or more taking the drug everyday. Thats very different from my approach at it. Lets say I got prescribed 20mg roxicodone and was to take 2 a day max. Well, >> take 2 a day max and take them in the evening so I can sleep well, since I dont sleep well now. Smoking a blunt or some bong leaves me not even needing a pill because Ill be high enough, gotta smoke the dank buds only and its basically a pill high to me and alleviates all my back pain for hours. You ask, why something else? Because >> rather not buy weed which is more expensive than buying 30+pills from the pharmacy since I have insurance.

    I appreciate the insight grip
    Last edited by F33lmyScoliosis; 02-12-2011 at 10:33 AM.

  23. #23
    grip is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    214

    Default

    One last point. You're right about being able to go several weeks without physical addiction at your age. I did it and for some reason (youth) I had little discomfort and bounced back quick. But as you get older at some point that quits working. And suddenly you find you went a little too long on the hard stuff and after about 12hrs without a hit you're sicker than death. Keep your guard up bubba because it nails you without warning, then you're in a world of hurt. I also used weed and years back cross breeded and grew probably the most potent stuff available. And believe it or not after that quit working I went thru some heeby jeebies. It all catches up with you eventually because that old body will remember every insult you've done it and pay you back in spades one day.
    Last edited by grip; 02-12-2011 at 10:58 AM.

  24. #24
    Normankay is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Before I got addicted I seen a lot of friends die, family lose it, and didnt touch opiates until I was about your age after quitting them with no problem the first time I did them. You need to do your research kid, you don't get to chose if you become addicted or not to opiates. I am not going to tell you some half ass maybe stuff. You get what you are looking for you will become addicted. I don't care what you try to tell me here. Mark my words. Or don't and think that since you seen your sister once that you have a better chance of not being addicted. I seen somebody die right in front of me and still decided to think I wouldnt get addicted to it, but to each his own. If anything, stick with weed man. Heres the bad thing about opiates you don't see yet. >>>>>> got me the same high in the end that vicodin did in the beginning. Once you find out that >>>>>> can be bought and smoked/ingested/shot-up and you get the same feeling as an 8mg dilaudid last year with 3 dollars worth of dope, you start getting screwed. But you are probably smarter than me, I knew many people that thought they would never get addicted. The fact that you are doctor shopping online is sign that if you find what you are looking for you will get hooked. I swore up and down I would never get addicted. The fact that you have already made up in your mind what will work is addict behavior. Or end up like your sister. Save opiates for when you need them, I have a Scoliosis, torn ACL, and a broken toes that heeled incorrectly. I still won't take opiates for them. Or just get them and remember this paragraph everytime you go to detox.
    InnerSpirit likes this.

  25. #25
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Hopefully we can get you turned in to the DEA and busted for dr shopping. Dry out in jail dummy. Hope you enjoy yourself. You're a really smart punk!

    You've really got a lot to be proud of. HIgh on Roxi IR for 24/7 since being a teenager. You came to the wrong forum buddy! You're going down.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-02-2011 at 04:42 AM.
    InnerSpirit likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    163

    Default Hey Guys

    Hi
    Im Tina. Ive been recovering on this forum for a wee little bit now, I have some desparate posts on here, yadda ya.
    Henry, Robert, I love you guys, you know I do. I probably owe my life to yous, I KNOW I do. I have to tell you though, reading these posts is giving me a pretty good chuckle. Only for ONE reason though.

    If ANYONE would've told yous (I LOVE YOU GUYS) that you were gonna get addicted, before you got addicted, would you have BELIEVED them?

    I wouldn't have.
    Just wanted to say 'hi' boys..
    I'm ok today
    Love yous
    Tina

  27. #27
    drugfreeme3 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    45

    Default

    For the original poster, Theres docs called pain management specialists. That the type of doc you need. I am a female who lives with intense pain everyday in my neck due to 3 sliped disks. Im also a recovering addict. I persoally think you are trying to get drugs and not reliefe from your pain. There are TONS of alternative options out there one being the epidural that lasts around 6 motnhs. It works! I think you are addicted now or just want to get legally high. You cant bullsh*t a bullsh*ter! I am also 3 clases away form having my drug/alcohol cert. And am a proud member of NA. Ive done what ur trying to do and ur only fooling yourself and NO ONE on this site! Many of us are recovering addicts ourselves.Another poster said it right, that they only work for a certain amount of time. and as much as u claim you wont become addicted. well I have news for you! You play with fire you will get burned. Look into other forms of pain relieve. theres sooo many options out there.
    But from what I read you just want to use them to get high. And what Im saying is the truth. and u know it is too.
    InnerSpirit likes this.

  28. #28
    pgcc is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    265

    Default

    You have to go to pain management. They are the dr's who prescribe the heavier drugs like oxys and roxys. I think alot of them are shady myself but I guess some need stronger meds. You could also try just telling your dr. now that you want oxycodone w/o the tylonol. Dr.s are scared to prescribe these drugs they are so conrtrolled so its hard to find a dr. willing to risk his ass for you. Think about it would you put your career on the line just to satisfy a patient. I wouldn't, I would send him elsewhere.

  29. #29
    Rena931945 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I am 67 yr old female (check profile for history). Live alone, want to stay independent.....self suffiecient so that I can keep my self respect. I understand a lot about the problems of addiction. I had a relationship with a crack, meth addict. The only reason he wanted pills was to trade but during that time I watched as many did a variety of drugs. Women sold themselves, a lot of the addicts would steal your last dollar, the shirt off of your back or whatever it took because there was little they wouldn't do to get high again. One female I saw one night kept poking herself, others tried to so she could inject the drug into her body, She had bruises and stick marks everywhere. It was nauseating and heart rending to see what they did to themselves and the effects it had on their loved ones and everyone in some respect.
    I have searched and am still searching for pain relief. I am now on Cymbalta and it has helped some but it is still unbearable at times. I will live with the pain as long as I can but I believe it is a fact that chronic pain is detrimental to our bodies.
    And, I do understand that addiction creeps up but I need relief sometimes even if they want to give it to me for a couple of months, make me suffer for a couple of weeks so the doctor can see I can live without it and then help me again. It feels sometimes like it is futile to hope for relief.
    There is a difference in the medications reactions in our bodies when the pain is there and when addicts are driven to it and when it is actuallly needed.

  30. #30
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rena931945 View Post
    There is a difference in the medications reactions in our bodies when the pain is there and when addicts are driven to it and when it is actuallly needed.

    Rena,

    NO - there is not. I'd like to know where you got this kind of mis-information, as this is the kind of nonsense that keeps many addicts in denial.

    The drugs do not differentiate in our bodies between if we have "legitimate" pain or if we're taking them for a high - they work the same way.

    It is not only entirely possible to become addicted to "legitimate" prescriptions from our own doctor for genuine pain, but it happens ALL the time. I'm one of those it happened to, and I am far from the exception.

    I work in a long-term substance abuse treatment center for women - and I witness this all the time. No matter if we're taking a legally prescribed prescription narcotic for pain from surgery or illness - or snorting pills off the street - the drugs operate the same way. They act on the area of the brain that is center of our motivation and pleasure, the nuclear accumbens. And opiates lend themselves to "tolerance" - so that our bodies adjust to the drugs over time, and more is required to achieve the same pain relief - or high. This is part of the process that can easily lead us into addiction.

    Sadly, this crazy idea that if we take a narcotic for real pain we won't become addicted has led countless thousands of people into dependency and/or addiction. Just because our doctor puts it down on a prescription pad - giving his seal of approval - that does not change how the drugs work. Nor does it keep us safe from becoming addicted.

    God bless,
    Ruth
    Sunny mom and cheeky like this.

    You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22