Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
help with methadone detox
    the signlady is offline New Member

Default help with methadone detox

Hi
    My son (age 25) after years of >>>>>> addiction (and all the other drugs) bouts of homeless etc, and multiple times on and off, finally decided methandone was his last resort.

He went onboard mid August last year at a local methadone clinic. His max dose was 100mg

He is detoxing now and down to about 26mg on a 1 mg per day detox schedule

He is now at the point that the detox sickness is daily. Seems the first half day after getting medicated are ok, but second half of the day is the problem

The other issue is that he is on seroquel and trazadone for mental issues. He also takes a multi vitamin and 1000 mg of calcium a day which has helped a bit.

Getting to see the clinic doctor is always difficult at this location and can be days to weeks with them, and he also just started with a new psychiatrist

fyi the clinic fired their psychiatrist last month without replacing here which is why he had to change his psych care

hes now the only one in the area who was independent of the methadone clinics-but is older and not really on the ball on the detox info)
    his primary md is also clueless since he is a neighborhood md, who takes his medicaid/welfare healthinsurance but whose pactice is mostly older patients in the neighborhood

We are trying to find out if there are any OTHER meds other then the clonopin or xanax BENZO TYPES, which put him in veggie state-NOT a good mix with his current psych meds, that might be beneficial in easing the detox issues, ie vomiting, twitching etc etc

I will support him on legal additives (meds))I have him living back at home with me and want to help him get through this the right way,so he can move on and hopefully get past this

It makes no sense to either of us to stretch out the 1mg detox or upping the dose back up, since both only prolong the current situation and would only find himself back there again
    HELP requested from MD or others

Thanks

lm

the signlady is offline New Member

Seems like Suboxone is what everyone is mentioning
    We looked it up, but has anyone actually USED it?
    When you read the information, it reduces the effect of the methadone and has its own withdrawal issues?
    So before really finding out, would really like to know if
    anyone on these chats ever actually used Suboxone???
    Thanks

FYI My son is aware of my posting, Im the computer person here
    so he does know I am researching for info for him

lm

keyhole is offline New Member

I am on 700 mgs of Seroquel and 60 mgs of Methadone. They have strong interactions with one another and it takes far longer and it much harder to detox (regardless of what drug companies say. I was locked up once for 4 days without medicine and thought I was going to die. I do know that you can increase the seroquel dose and it will help in the methadone detox. Good luck.

Ernie

RIVEROFDECEIPT is offline New Member

ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU AT THIS TIME AS I AM VERY TIRED IS : METHADONE MAINTENANCE SADLY TO SAY IN MY OWN OPINION AND THOSE CLOSE TO MY HEART WHO ARE CURRANTLY ON 135mgs DOSEAGE PER DAY IS THEN TRYING TO DETOX FROM IT. I FEEL AS IT HAPPENED TO MY HUSBAND WHO WAS ON 60mgs DAILY AND WANTED TO DETOX AFTER BEING ON MAINTENANCE FOR QUITE A WHILE IS THEY TAKE YOU DOWN MUCH TOO FAST WHICH IN TURN MAKES YOU FEEL WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS. ALSO VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO MAKE CERTAIN THAT OTHER MEDICATIONS TAKEN DO NOT PULL THE METHADONE OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM TOO FAST AND THEIR ARE QUITE A LOT OF MEDS THAT DO THAT. DO NOT DRINK ACIDY JUICES LIKE ORANGE OR GRAPEFRUIT. IT WILL PULL OUT THE METHADONE ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU FEEL SICK. WHEN THE BODY BECOMES USE TO HAVING A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF THIS LEGAL DRUG OVER A PERIOD OF TIME IT GETS INTO THE FATTY TISSUES AND DEEP INTO THE BONES, HENCE FEELING LIKE A STRIPPED LIVE WIRE IS THE BEST WAY I CAN EXPLAIN IT. ALSO I KNOW FOR CERTAIN THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE ADDICTED TO ANY KIND OF OPIOID DRUG EITHER ILLEGAL OR LEGAL HAVE A VERY GUARDED PROGNOSIS. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR SON AND I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST. JUST HANG ON, MAYBE SOME SUPPORT GROUP WILL AID YOUR SON A BIT AS HE GOES THROUGH THIS. I LOST MU HUSBAND IN JUNE OF 2000. HE WAS ONLY 46 AND A VIETNAM VETERAN.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Signlady:I may be late on this but a methadone patient can make the jump to suboxone when they get down to 30 mgs.The clinics are having success with this angonist.I'm pretty sure you only have to take the suboxone pills once evry couple of days.Good luck and if you can, let us know how things are....Dave

Always consult a MD first

frustrated is offline New Member

[V][8]I am currently on 80 mgs of meth.Iknow its too early to begin on buph.But does anyone know how to get info if theres a doc in my area that could help me out?Im so sick of taking meth and very serious about getting clean.

Im very serious about getting clean.Im on 85mgs of meth and am interested in suboxone. does anyone know of any doctors or info in the n.ky,gr cinn area that might be able to help?

sorry I sent 2 messages guys,im new at this stuff

go to google and put in "we speak methadone".It's a great forum for people like us on methadone.They can tell you how to get in touch with a buprenorphene doctor.This buprenorphene looks like it's going to be a great help for people detoxing off of methadone.Methadone is a great drug to get yourself striaghtened out on but it's a nice lady to quit.I'm really hoping that buprenorphene will help alot of people....Dave

Piscesj is offline New Member

I thought maybe this would help families, friends and people with an addiction or prescribed addiction.

My son started on the self destruction (marihuana) first at the tender age of 10. The downhill slide continued - the need for more drugs - stealing - family fights disruption any who have a friend or child addicted no. Now at 23 I can honestly say he is working, no drugs and life is becoming normal & relationships rebuilt. The past 13 years were a nightmare with no help available between ages 10 - 18 in Australia. Thanks to a super good friend we bought a new cd tried & proven & just being released worldwide and reprogrammed his mind. No other drugs were used. He is alive out of jail and life is becoming good. Please email me for the address of the site It not only works for marijuana, but for other drugs, and addiction to prescribed drugs. I have MS and was constantly sick after medication to help me be normal. Now I am functioning normal and not on crutches.
    piscesj@hotmail.com subject url please

juggler is offline New Member

i have just started the suboxone treatment after being on meth for 1.5 years. at my highest dose i was on 185mg. i am 5'2" amd 105lbs. 25 yrsold. i recently started my own regimen of detox off methadone after hearing of a local dr. taking patients like me wanting to get off of methdone. well iwas coming down 3mg a day from 60 till i hit 30 to go on suboxone. i had the appt. and agreed the next day to start taking the drug . the next morining with no dose i took the suboxone. let me tell you it wasnt llong till i was crawling the walls and begging my husband to knock me out so i didnt have to feel this agony. now today 2nd day i took the 32mg of suboxone but i also went and took my dose hoping to feel normal again . i felt a little better, which is why i'm even able to sit up and write this. i dont think they didi this right. my body isnt taking to it tooo well. is there any body out there who can relate w/ some friendly advice?????[xx(]

desirae devall

Bahrak is offline New Member

I was on Methadone for approx 3yrs and found a program that assisted me with the detox using Buprenorphene. Inorder to do this, I felt I needed to go into a inpatient program because I knew with the daily distractions around me I would never have a chance (by which I mean, work, kids, wife... all responsibilites that unfortunately came before my own wellbeing). I went into the program after detoxing down to 30mg. At 30mg, I stopped the meth and switched to Buprenorphene. Waited as long as possible before taking it (48hrs, the naltrexone in the Buprenorphene will force withdrawl so best to ensure that all opiates are out of your system) and then had first 4mg dose sublingual. About 40min after it was absorbed - most symptoms went away (Ichy eyes, sneezing, hypersensitive gag-reflex), some aches and pains still remained but I was at least able to function. I was on this dosage for the next 3 days (I think 2wice a day)and then stopped. By this time, I was able to get my head aclimated to what was ahead and what I needed to do without being distracted by the severe discomfort and fear. Buprenorphene is an amazing tool that helped me get thru the initial hump of my withdrawl. hopefully this info will help someone. (it's important to note that throughout the 3yrs I was on meth, my dosage remained fairly low [never went above 50mg] and I had stabalized at 30mg for close to a month before starting the Buprenorphene. - I realize that mine wasn't a high dose but know of similar results in others who were coming down 120+mg. - seems the main contributing factor is allowing the body some time to stabilize at the lower dose (30mg) before starting the Buprenorphene).

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

quote:Originally posted by princessa

Hi, Im 25 yrs old female who is 5'2 and currently 85lb's..I was used to be 100lb but for the last 5 months Ive been on >>>>>> and the last 2 months on crack ..So ive been speedballing..My weight dropped crazy and I'm a model and people started to notice that i looked like a skeleton..I needed help desperately..I went to Kaiser and they put me on Klonopin and painkillers and that didn"t work..by the 2nd day I got high again ..The withdrawls from both drugs was intolerable..So I started Suboxone 3 days ago.... It's Thursday and I last used Monday night.. I feel fine!!! I started with 4mg of subutex on Tuesday and he gave me another 4mg to take at nighty I didn't take it the next day I felt horrible..I should take what he told me too....Now Im on 8mg and I can do my daily activities..I just started Wellbuterin for depression and I hope that works...Subutex is the best thing to happen to someone who really wants to get off >>>>>>!!
    Keep up the good work Princessa!!

princessa is offline New Member

Hi, Im 25 yrs old female who is 5'2 and currently 85lb's..I was used to be 100lb but for the last 5 months Ive been on >>>>>> and the last 2 months on crack ..So ive been speedballing..My weight dropped crazy and I'm a model and people started to notice that i looked like a skeleton..I needed help desperately..I went to Kaiser and they put me on Klonopin and painkillers and that didn"t work..by the 2nd day I got high again ..The withdrawls from both drugs was intolerable..So I started Suboxone 3 days ago.... It's Thursday and I last used Monday night.. I feel fine!!! I started with 4mg of subutex on Tuesday and he gave me another 4mg to take at nighty I didn't take it the next day I felt horrible..I should take what he told me too....Now Im on 8mg and I can do my daily activities..I just started Wellbuterin for depression and I hope that works...Subutex is the best thing to happen to someone who really wants to get off >>>>>>!!

chitownhrvat is offline New Member

I first want to start off by say hello to everyone.. after browsing around the internet I came across this forum.. I am 24 years old.. 6'3'' and about 205lbs.. I currently am on "suboxone" 16mgs/day after about 4-5 years of VERY heavy opiate usage.. after multiple surgeries and a horrible car accident that almost took my life I became dependent on opiate.. things started out with vicodin (hydrocodone) and progressed to MS Contin (morphine),OxyContin and Oxycodone, etc etc... At my worst I was consuming around 350 mgs of Hydrocodone and Oxy...
    I want to say to everyone out there that there IS HELP!! and for anyone who has found help.. my hat goes off to you..
    after reading some of these posts I felt that I had to recommend a few things b/c not long ago I was sitting in that chair researching online on some way to get help for myself.. I was sick of being sick.. and I was ready to turn my life around and it was time to face this demon directly in the eyes..
    For everyone interested in this so called "miracle drug" suboxone/subutex.. this drug can turn your lives around!!! it has in many ways for me.. It has allowed me to kick the opiates withdrawl free.. allowed me to concentrate on the things that matter and most of all allow me to get back to being me and back to my life..
    I am urging anyone who can semi relate to find a Suboxone dr. asap..

now this isn't like other opiates.. it does NOT get you high.. not at all.. it just doesn't.. but it does relieve EVERY bit of withdrawl.. if you are ready to get past this addiction then this is the way to go..
    I dont want to go on and on about this drug but if ANYONE has a question regarding suboxone/subutex please feel free to e-mail me.. I know all about the chemistry of this drug as well as a guide to locating a dr. that can prescribe suboxone in your area.. please don't be afraid to ask... best of luck to everyone.. and I just wish that I can maybe help someone get through these tough times..
    take care,
    aaron
    chitownhrvat@yahoo.com

pdepa is offline New Member

I've tryed Suboxone and am on 43 mg of methadone just did this infact
    I became so deathly ill that I gave up on the second day you have to get your dose down to 10 or 5 mg before using it I guess when I go back to the clinic this tuesday Jan 2nd I'll have them cut my dose in half as the naloxone in the suboxone has knocked out half of the receptors on the brain. the suboxone doctor agreed that 43 mg is to high of a dose and the fact that I've been on meth for 7 years.

You need to come down to at least 30mgs of methadone and also be stable before you can make the jump to buprenorphene.Take your last dose of methadone and wait at least 3 days before you start the buprenorphene.Remember that methadone has a long half life of 24-36hrs also it takes 5 days for your serum level to change to the new dose.So you can't take your methadone one day and then take buprenorphene the next as it will put you into terrible withdrawls.Make sure you wait at least 3 days minumum.Good luck......Dave

matthewb is offline Junior Member

1 800-505 5949 ext 701
    Active Rep (Gerry Baldwin)

Narcanon has spacific programs for people getting off meth. Take a few minutes call my dad toll free and find out for yourself if it will work for you.

With the amount of money you will spend in a year coping with your problem and pumping this stuff into your body you can spend that money and get it out of your body for good. Call my Dad Gerry and he will guide you into getting Free and able in life again with no drugs. you have nothing to loose exept another year of taking Medication to cope and 5 or 10 minutes on the phone to find out if its right for you.

OK a little more information. The thing about narconon is that they don’t only get you off the drugs; they get the drugs out of your body. Most detox places just keep you there until you’re with drawls end and hope you can cope. The problem with that is that the drugs have left deposits in your fat cells and when you burn fat the drugs get right back into your system. Narconon gets rid of these deposits in its purification rundown so you wont have any more physical side effects. Wile you are there you will also study materials that will arm you to get along in life and no longer need meds to live a normal existence. Their success rate is very hi and I hope all of you can take advantage of their program.

Matthew Baldwin
    http://www.cchr.com/
    Citizens Commission on Human Rights

Matthew Baldwin
    http://www.cchr.com/
    Citizens Commission on Human Rights
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-08-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Default switch to subutex or suboxone

Quote Originally Posted by the signlady View Post
    Hi
    My son (age 25) after years of >>>>>> addiction (and all the other drugs) bouts of homeless etc, and multiple times on and off, finally decided methandone was his last resort.

He went onboard mid August last year at a local methadone clinic. His max dose was 100mg

He is now at the point that the detox sickness is daily. Seems the first half day after getting medicated are ok, but second half of the day is the problem

The other issue is that he is on seroquel and trazadone for mental issues. He also takes a multi vitamin and 1000 mg of calcium a day which has helped a bit.

Getting to see the clinic doctor is always difficult at this location and can be days to weeks with them, and he also just started with a new psychiatrist

fyi the clinic fired their psychiatrist last month without replacing here which is why he had to change his psych care

hes now the only one in the area who was independent of the methadone clinics-but is older and not really on the ball on the detox info)
    his primary md is also clueless since he is a neighborhood md, who takes his medicaid/welfare healthinsurance but whose pactice is mostly older patients in the neighborhood

We are trying to find out if there are any OTHER meds other then the clonopin or xanax BENZO TYPES, which put him in veggie state-NOT a good mix with his current psych meds, that might be beneficial in easing the detox issues, ie vomiting, twitching etc etc

I will support him on legal additives (meds))I have him living back at home with me and want to help him get through this the right way,so he can move on and hopefully get past this

It makes no sense to either of us to stretch out the 1mg detox or upping the dose back up, since both only prolong the current situation and would only find himself back there again

Thanks

lm
    The purpose of this article is to educate. This article does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and is not a substitute for examination, testing, diagnosis and treatment, by a qualified, licensed health care professional.

Your son should convert to Suboxone or Subutex, from methadone.

Fatigue, Depression and Insomnia keep many people on methadone or buprenorphine longer than they need to be. DHEA, thyroid, and testosterone hormones often require adjustment to reduce Post Abstinence Withdrawal Syndrome. Methadone severely depresses testosterone levels, while Suboxone and Subutex do not. Low testosterone may be contributing to depression.

Our forum hypothyroidism article contains considerable information, concerning hypothyroidism diagnosis and treatment.

Attention Deficit Disorders are also often present, in opiate dependence, and require treatment, when present.

Clonidine (not Klonopin) could reduce insomnia, anxiety, rapid pulse and high blood pressure, during methadone withdrawal. Clonidine, is an inexpensive, generic, hypertension med, which is also used for opiate withdrawal and insomnia. It has been used for decades and physicians know what to expect, from it, since it has been used by many patients for many years.

Ferritin, serum iron and transferrin should be measured, to rule out iron malabsorption.

Magnesium would likely reduce your son's tremors, more than calcium.

Lunesta might allow your son to sleep while reducing sedation, from Seroquel.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-08-2009 at 07:02 PM.

been there123 is offline New Member

Question suboxone

My husband started suboxone after being on methadone for 2 years. The clinic brang him down to 30mgs from 110mgs of methadone. He was on the 30 mgs for 3 days and he started the suboxone, needless to say he was up for 48 hours and and was experiencing severe withdrawal, it was heart wrenching and at this time he is back on the methadone. I have heard few horror storys like this just from people I know who did the same. I hope there are people out there who have had better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by been there123 View Post
    My husband started suboxone after being on methadone for 2 years. The clinic brang him down to 30mgs from 110mgs of methadone. He was on the 30 mgs for 3 days and he started the suboxone, needless to say he was up for 48 hours and and was experiencing severe withdrawal,.

As Dave stated, in a previous post, the half life of methadone varies from 24 to 36 hours. Since it is metabolized primarily by the liver, hepatitis might prolong methadone breakdown. A pharmacological rule of thumb is that 90 percent of a medication is metabolized, during 5 half lives, with 10 percent of the original dose remaining, five half lives, after the last dose. Your husband might have suceeded with suboxone, if he had been stable for 5 or 6 days, at a daily dose of 30 milligrams of methadone.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-08-2009 at 07:11 PM.

hdmoe is offline New Member

Default Methadone Detox-it can be done

Dear SignLady,

I have successfully detoxed off methadone after 17 years. The only way you can detox successfully is very slow. You must stabalize at each dose. 1mg per day is too fast. Your son needs to go back up about 5-10 mgs and start again. Its better than alternative!! Don't be in such a rush. I did that too, and it always leads you right back to the cooker.

I've been an addict since the Johnson administration and I've tried to detox every way possible, this was the only way I had success. I dropped about 2 mgs per week when I got down to 25 mgs and only if I felt ok. You MUST stabilize at each dose before going down any further. Your son should not be vomitting but minor leg aches are possible at this stage but come with the package. The only quicker way to detox without as much pain and discomfort is with "bupinorphine". It is a synthetic opiate blocker that blocks the withdrawal symptoms. Its spendy, but it does work in only a few days. You have to be down to a very low dose before you can take it. You should check it out on the web and talk to your doctor about it. The side effects are less bothersom than any other ways of detoxing and last the least time.
    Hope this helps, good luck to you and your son. Feel free to contact me at hdmoe54@comcast.net.

kiri12 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by the signlady View Post
    Hi

Thanks

lm
    Hi I also took seroquol 600 mg!! Please follow this program to withdraw off both Opiates and Anti-psychotics theroadback.org Please do this. It's truley a MIRACLE!!!!!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-05-2011 at 11:06 PM.

MattXYZ is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mpvt View Post
    Hi Signlady:I may be late on this but a methadone patient can make the jump to suboxone when they get down to 30 mgs.The clinics are having success with this angonist.I'm pretty sure you only have to take the suboxone pills once evry couple of days.Good luck and if you can, let us know how things are....Dave

Dont do that unless you want HELL to pay! Suboxone will block or flush(does it really matter?) what little methadone you have. I've seen it happen. You MUST be off methadone for THREE days before begining Suboxone! Trust me!!

MattXYZ is offline New Member

Default !!!!!!!

Methadone is bull, or at least at my clinic it is. When you want to detox, all they do is frown and tell you how sick It'll make you. Then they try to talk you out of it. Its a clinic slap full of people brainwashes into thinking they'll never get off, don't want to, and are O.K. with it. They want let you charge more than $24 (where do they think you're gonna go?)& the owner buzzes around in his new Porsche. My suggestion is tell all the people you can thinking about starting methadone, NOT TO! You'll just prolong what you ultimately will have to face, only it'll cost more, take longer and hurt worse. So what if its legal and you're free of illicits? All you are is an addict with a clear conscious!
    Jealousi likes this.

bkfizz is offline Junior Member

Suboxone was the way to go for me. Went into rehab, got subs (doc in there didn't do outpatient subs, which makes no sense at all.) I used again. Then, i found a doc that did subs outpatient. I am now off the suboxone and i am doing great. I also did intensive outpatient program, and go to meetings. I feel better and better each day. I am trying to find work, exercising daily, and eating right. My cravings are there occasionally but, i think about how ********************py i felt, how it is nice having a clear head, and not having to count pills every minute to make sure i could still get a high. Since i have gotten clean, it is amazing looking back at how many pills i really took or snorted!I even had myself fooled.Thanks to all that helped me thru this period of time. It is also important to stay connected to this forum.

Question Half of revenue is profit, at Methadone Clinic !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattXYZ View Post
    Methadone is bull, or at least at my clinic it is. When you want to detox, all they do is frown and tell you how sick It'll make you. Then they try to talk you out of it. :

Do you think they could afford to hire more than 3 counselors, for 480 patients, when half of the $1,200,000 revenue is profit? How about providing accupuncture; testing and replacement of the thyroid, DHEA, testosterone, estrogen and progesterone hormones depleted by methadone; adequate security; and daycare, so innocent children, of patients are not exposed to abusive patients. Do you think the two clinic nurses, who are owners, want to help their patients detox?

Even the nurses could afford to drive a Porsche!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mergerline listing
    Southwest clinic for sale - look at the profits - better than a bar!

Methadone Rehabilitation Medical Clinic
    Status as of Feb-21-2007 at 06:02 PM: Active

Methadone Rehabilitation and Medical Clinic founded in 1998. This Medical Clinic is an Opioid Treatment Program designed to provide rehabilitation and medical support to persons addicted to Opioid drugs. The Clinic is open from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM. The great upside for this business is that the new owners could extend the hours from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM and increase business, revenues and profits. The clinic has just picked up 200 new patients from a failing clinic. The clinic now serves 480+/- patients (280 on as Cash basis, 200 Federal. State Funded). A satellite clinic is now open to serve the new 200 patients.

The Clinic employs 1 Medical Doctor, 1 Program Director, 1 Pharmacist, 3 Nurses (LPN dispenses the Methadone), 3 Counselors (who carry 95% of the patient load), and 2 Administrative Assistants. There are three owners, two are nurses and are involved with clinical services. The satellite clinic will have about the same work force.

Reaccredidation will be due on October 2007. Clinic is in good standing with all agencies.
    Facility (Clinic) is leased.
    Revenues: $1,200,000
    Profit: At least half of the Revenues are Profit. The only adjustment to this figure is a $1,000 monthly vehicle allowance and a $ $200 dining allowance.

Asking Price: Not Disclosed.

The owners are willing to stay for one year, to help with the transition of ownership.

We are compensated by the Seller.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-08-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Benzos intensify the methadone,it creates a ">>>>>>" high when used in combination.Try Buprenorphine(Subuxone) instead.It is used to detox,as well as for pain management(long term).No zombie-like symptoms and your son will get his life back.And you'll get a normal,happy son! Good Luck.

I have been using Subuxone for 4 years.I take 2-4mg. per day(tablet is 8 mg.)With it,I function normally,running a household and raising children.Before it,I was a physical,emotional mess.Pain dominated every thought.Mostly,I didn't want my kids to see me in pain.It's a wonder drug,given a bad rep by abusers.You can get more info at Subuxone.com. Good luck,friend.

Try Subuxone.com.You'll find a listing of doctors who can prescribe it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast