Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree15Likes
help with methadone detox
    Vickie321 is offline New Member

This is very worrying. I hope things start getting better soon. I feel like you've left the opiate withdrawal part and are in Benzo Hell. I can't believe how bad Bezo WD is. I'm praying for your fast recovery!
    vkneisler likes this.

noahzark is offline Member

Hands still hot and tingling, my vision is bad too close goes blurry too far it goes double triple vision but at about a foot away I can see little better I'm thinking 5 years methadone plus has maybe made my eyes lazy hope I don't need glasses to see again. 2 nd day on 10 mgs of cipralex buzzing is gone but still high anxiety. Taking. 1 mgs of clonidine every 8 hours makes me tired slows shaking a bit.and still getting waves of body burning and skin as ice. Pray they get me in detox tomorrow. Noah
    vkneisler likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Noah ...... Been at church all morning and mom's house this afternnon or would have replied sooner. Hope you're hanging in there. Let me know if I can help. God bless.
    eddytillsonburg likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

U can tell me what is going on and how long does this last?
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-22-2011 at 12:44 AM.
    vkneisler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by noahzark View Post
    U can tell me wtf is going on and how long does this last?

I saved your number. Do you want me to call you?
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

hope things start to level out for ya soon noah,,, ive kicked methadone and that was hard, did it ct as well, (the first time) i know what kind of hell it is on its own with out all the other stuff...

all the best bro...

cheeky
    vkneisler likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Default new member

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    hope things start to level out for ya soon noah,,, ive kicked methadone and that was hard, did it ct as well, (the first time) i know what kind of hell it is on its own with out all the other stuff...

all the best bro...

cheeky
    Hi am i able to discuss methadone this way

Anonymous Guest

Default new member startin detox methadone

[QUOTE=
    eddytillsonburg;330754]Hi am i able to discuss methadone this way[/
    Im currently on100mls just came from150lastweek been on 150for years now im planing to go to 75mls then down1ml a day till its over any adviseQUOTE]this is really scary for me i did this in 2006and was able to come off methadone stupid me decided a few years later to go back on but im done surrendering i am i cant live with methadone anymore. I must make it if you know anything that will help withdrawls diet anythind meds please get back to me thanks your truly eddy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-25-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: more info

Anonymous Guest

eddy, go to the forum called "need to talk" and at the top left theres a blue button, with "new thread" and make yourself a thread, and ask there. you will get more responses...

im a former methadone user too, and i did same as you , i counted off methadone, but was still using on the side. went to australia, and did the meanest cold turkey in my life. man it was hard. after a few years overseas, i came back, and got back into it. thought i could get away with a dabble. not even...!!

anyway, this time round, i got off methadone, using subs, they are much easier to count off (in my opinion) once you get your dose down to 30mg you could make the switch...

good on you for wantin off. yup that stuff robs your soul.. while we watch it, as if from the sidelines. yup. know all about it..

anyway, not sure what to advise you at this point about stuff. you could google the thomas recipe for opiate withdrawl... but at this stage, go slow and steady, dont drop too fast. they say about 10% of your dose a month or something like that. just be careful, you are halving your dose by the sounds of it..

i know how hard it is to be trapped on methadone. no easy quick way out unfortunately. cept for ct, which totally sucks big time, and takes MONTHS to get over. i literally didnt get and hours sleep a night for over 6 weeks man.

so go slow and steady, and keep a positive mind...

good luck...

cheeky

Its Noah still in detox in my fifth week off methadone still not sleeping well medical staff is thinking another week or two, I wish everyone the best thanks Noah.

Anonymous Guest

so stoked for you noah, yeh sleep is THE WORST thing man....

good on ya.. most of us people who end up on methadone never manage to get off..... you are doing it bro....

yeh, i think its around 6 to 8 weeks i finally managed to string a few hours sleep together, then it gradually gets better....

awesome news... keep it up

cheeky

Update from Noah. I would greatly appreciate any opinions as to the meds this detox currently has me taking. I think I am ready to be discharged but I want to be sure. Morning -.01 clonidine as needed, afternoon same plus -25-50 mgs of trazadone and at night 25-50 mgs of amitriptiline for sleep. I have skipped all meds for the past two days any ideas could be really helpful, thanks kindly Noah.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by noahzark View Post
    Update from Noah. I would greatly appreciate any opinions as to the meds this detox currently has me taking. I think I am ready to be discharged but I want to be sure. Morning -.01 clonidine as needed, afternoon same plus -25-50 mgs of trazadone and at night 25-50 mgs of amitriptiline for sleep. I have skipped all meds for the past two days any ideas could be really helpful, thanks kindly Noah.

Noah .... you surely sound better than the last time we talked. I was so close to freakin calling you on the phone. You were scaring me buddy!

The meds they've had you on are kind of an old-school method of opiate detoxing but it sounds like it's working for you. I did a similar detox in rehab once myself. Do you feel ready to leave? Make sure you're ready before you go home. I actually had seizures once after I was released from a rehab because they let me go too soon. Only you know how you feel.

If you know you are ready then get back home and start living like an "earth person" again. It's your call my friend. Can't tell you what to do but like I said you sure sound better. You're going to be okay, that is the good news! Let me know what you do. Praying for you dude! God bless.
    vkneisler likes this.

mc418z is offline New Member

Default it can be done

Hi again, If anybody is interested you can detox if you do it correctly and slowly. I've been using methadone for over 20 years at 100 mgs per day. I tapered down from 100 to 10 mgs over a 6 month period, never taking more than the previous day. At 10mgs I was having WDS and it was uncomfortable to say the least. I tried to stabilize at 10 but I was sick ever dam day so I switched over to 2mgs subs (which I absolutely hate the feeling it gives). BAM the hot cold flashes stopped, for the most part although the muscle spasms remained, rapid heart beat and anxiety remained. It's been two weeks since I switched and now I'm down to under .3 mgs of sub and all I can complain about is a headache and fatigue. I realize I'm going to have to contend with PAWS but whatever. I don't know what the future will bring but if I can do it after all these years I think it can be done if you do it right. I'll keep you up to date.

Peace
    mc

Hi Robert this is noah sorry its been so long but life keeps happening. I did well for about 9 months and now I'm afraid I'm walking down a path I don't want to .I need to ask u some things but I'm not sure your still here. If anyone still talks to robert could u pass this message on Tim and hopefully I hear from u soon
    Thanks kindly noah

Alan Shore is offline New Member

Hi Signlady: I may be late on this but a methadone sufferer can make the jump to suboxone when they get down to 30 mgs.The treatment centers are having success with this angonist. I'm pretty sure you only have to take the suboxone pills one time evry couple of days. Good luck

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789