End Opana Turn around time
    GuyInPain is offline New Member

Default End Opana Turn around time

Hi Folks,

Has anyone received Opana (ER or IR) through the endo patient assistance program? If so, how long did it take your first time for the approval then for the pharmacy to fill and mail it out.

I overnighted all the paperwork/prescriptions yesterday - and it arrived today but as of 2 their time, it still wasn't in their system.

I spoke with 3 different people who each gave me a different answer...

One said 10-14 days, one said 7-10 business days, one said 1-3 days for approval, then 1-3 days for the pharmacy to fill then overnight the medication.

Thanks,

Young guy in too much pain.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

It always takes longer for schedule II narcotic medications to get approved than schedule III drugs. I've never done it myself but Opana will probably have to run through some extra steps I'm pretty sure. Good luck and God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

GuyInPain is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    It always takes longer for schedule II narcotic medications to get approved than schedule III drugs. I've never done it myself but Opana will probably have to run through some extra steps I'm pretty sure. Good luck and God bless.
    I checked again today and it still wasn't in there system to even be reviewed yet. I'll be out of meds tomorrow and my doctor won't give me more since these should be coming soon - and he's concerned about how it looks on the prescription monitoring system... ie: two long actings meds & two short acting meds - basically, it looks like my dose was doubled w/o cause...

It's partially my doc's staffs' fault since they "lost" the forms after the doctor signed them, then found them a week later - and I mailed them the next day..

The lady I spoke with today said it'll take 5-7 business days to go into the system, 7-14 days to be approved and 7 days to be filled and mailed out...

They said that they don't offer any preference - but one of them did ask if I was disabled after I asked about expediting the approval - I'm applying for disability but it's still being processed so I said no - but I guess I'll have to ask about it on monday.

Thanks for the input...

btw, the title should have said Endo not End...

-GuyInPain

Brenday_01 is offline New Member

Hello - I have a question. Did you get set up? I am trying now and I am hoping it is a fast process. They would not e-mail me the application - I have to wait for them to mail it. I wish someone had a copy they could e-mail so I could get the ball rolling. Can you please update your process in this? Or give me any helpful hints. Thanks.

gem1lady is offline New Member

FYI - I am disabled and applied for Opana thru PAP about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I received my application and prescription back with notification stating:

"Medication is currently unavailable."

I plan on calling them today to get more information and if anyone here knows more, please reply.

I'm disappointed and a little confused . . .

Thanks,

~ Gem ~
    Last edited by gem1lady; 03-02-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: to revise title and signature