Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dopesick420
Can't sleep opiate withdraw
    Ronhero is offline New Member

Default Can't sleep opiate withdraw

I am on my 11th day on my detox and have not slept in about 5 days now. Every time I take a OTC sleep aid it makes me more restless and feel horrible. I was able to get 2 xanx 2mg bars that put me out last night. I read that a lot of people use xanx or valium to help with sleeping. I have had been proscribed xanx in the past but that Dr is no longer in practice. I currently don't have a GP so I was thinking to got the minute clinic or go to the emergency room and tell them I am detoxing and can't sleep and ask for 2mg xanx.

If anyone has another idea please please let me know, thanks

Dopesick420 is offline Member

Hey buddy,

Hope your doing ok. Trust me, the sleep part of the WD's was second to the worst, only under the RLS. I know its kind of counter-productive, but one of the only ways to achieve sleep, other than suffering and waiting it out of course, IS to obtain some kind of comfort medication. Thus, as you wrote you had, some type of benzo or tranq. I was also up for about a week, and going to my physical job with no chance of missing any days. Every single day was, and still is a struggle. Im physically and emotionally drained.

I tracked down some Xanax myself, along with some Seroquel. As much as I hate adulterating myself into sleep, it must be done to function. Something else that helped me sleep, is a hot bath right before you go into bed. Also you may have read, but if your in your room tossing and turning getting frustrated, time to move to another spot. I luckily have 2 bedrooms, and it seems the only time i could get to sleep is after thrashing in my main room for an hour or two, then hittin the bath, meds, maybe a beer (dont advise this, alcohol can sometimes make things worse), then going into the other room.

I always got so irritated when non-users would tell you to tough it out because its all mental. Dont you just want to rock somebodys F*cking dome when they say such ingnorant things??

But, it reality, a PORTION of it is mental. I didnt even realize it. I think i was getting "too comfortable", or too used to my room, the way that particular mattress felt, the locations of the furniture, etc.. I would never have thought any of that made a difference, but clearing you mind does help to get to bed.

I hope my rant assists you in some way, even if its just a little. Maybe knowing that i feel EXACTLY how you do, will.

Good luck my friend,

Dopesick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhero View Post
    I am on my 11th day on my detox and have not slept in about 5 days now. Every time I take a OTC sleep aid it makes me more restless and feel horrible. I was able to get 2 xanx 2mg bars that put me out last night. I read that a lot of people use xanx or valium to help with sleeping. I have had been proscribed xanx in the past but that Dr is no longer in practice. I currently don't have a GP so I was thinking to got the minute clinic or go to the emergency room and tell them I am detoxing and can't sleep and ask for 2mg xanx.

If anyone has another idea please please let me know, thanks
    Last edited by Dopesick420; 07-29-2011 at 03:27 PM.

nyra417 is offline Junior Member

Default to Ronhero...know what u r goin thru

See if you can get a script for Chlonodine...super for the sweats...also xanax; OTC sleep stuff never worked for me. Also try Valerian root either tea or pills (OTC at most drug stores...I take triple of bottle's recommended dosage - better than Melatonin for sleep; I take Melatonin sometimes during day for anxiety). Another anti-anxiety remedy is a tea called Linden tea (made from Linden flowers); I just got it today at a Walgreen's in New Jersey. Brand is called "Tadin" but sure other companies make it - sure thing at any asian market I bet; caught my eye because I sometimes have daytime anxiety attacks due to frustration (disabled recently & serious financial problems/marriage problems/family probs...u name it...just builds up & comes at me out of nowhere like a freight train - I don't want to take xanax during the day, only for sleep at night and so far so good with that). On the small purple box you will see "TILA" with something in spanish under it; below that see "LINDEN"/under that "Eases Nervousness and Promotes Tranquility". I drank some this afternoon; I felt an "attack" coming on & immediately brewed some. I added a tsp. of honey and sipped it while deep breathing and within 10-15 minutes I was as good as new...for sleep though, definitely try something NATURAL, not even OTC pills unless they are just vitamins or supplements. I've tried them ALL & find the natural stuff ALWAYS works better for anxiety. Again, yes, I take xanax but only at night because I have chronic severe back pain and the xanax usually overpowers the pain and most of the time I don't wake up needing a pain killer at 3am. Everyone is different when it comes to "no sleep" as people have different reasons for lack of sleep. My problems are pain and anxiety so the above is what works for ME. You may be different, so think and evaluate WHY you aren't sleeping; withdrawal will go away after a couple of days (the severe part) and at the worst scenario if you can't get a script, maybe even try Nyquil and Unisom along with any type of relaxing teas & the Valerian pills or tea. It will definitely help you get thru the hardest part. Also if you're interested I can give you the name & address/phone of a chinese herb place in Chinatown NYC that ships via UPS - I get this stuff my acupuncturist recommended called "Po Chai" pills. They come in little boxes & in each box is 6 or 8 individually boxed "vials" with these microdot looking herbal things that u take w/hot water or tea. This stuff is a lifesaver - within 18-24 hours, you will be hungry and your brain will start to feel normal again.
    Hope this helped..."friend" me if you like...I will do the same