Can't afford prescription cost and monthly office visits Texas or Oklahoma
    TexasJesse is offline New Member

Default Can't afford prescription cost and monthly office visits Texas or Oklahoma

Hey everyone,
    My medications are extremely expensive. They cost me $600 a month which will be more once I start seeing a doctor for hormone replacment therapy and I KNOW the cost for Testosterone each month is going to be insanely expensive. My current doctor is giving me a shot of 200mg of Testosterone Cyp a month. 1 shot a month. I have dont my research and Test C and Test E is the longest acting ester of all Test esters. This has to be taken once a week at minimum and I only get 200mg a month. I'm suppose to be making 300mg a week! And my two office visits a month cost me $240 for one and $150 for the other. I simply cannot afford to pay these costs, including the 300 miles drive to see one of my doctors that I cannot find in Oklahoma. I have a Texas DL still, which I hope to be back in Dallas if I can land a job as that's where I ultimately want to be.

I am 27, male, single, unemployed, no income, no kids, never been married. I have chronic pain, anxiety and insomnia.

I applied for Sooner Care in Oklahoma, yet all I got was coverage incase I became pregnant. I'm a man. I can't be pregnant. So I don't understand that.

I don't qualify for Medicaid because I don't have kids.

I need help, especially for my prescription cost. I have used several different prescription drug cards. I don't know what to do.

Does anyone have anything they know that I can qualify for Nationally? Even State Wide for Oklahoma and Texas since I see one doctor in Dallas and one in Oklahoma. It also cost me $200 in gas to see my doctor in Dallas in my truck as it's a 600 mile round trip in a gas guzzling truck. Yes, I have tried and tried to find a doctor in Oklahoma to help me, but it's a 6 month waiting list and/or they don't accept cash patients. I plan on filing for disability at this point, but that takes like, 6 months or longer. I spent a good 5 hours on researching for help, yet nothing. Why can't I get help because I don't have kids? I see myself being responsible, by being single and not having kids. So why am I penalized for this? Illegal Immigrants can get assistance, but a Caucasian 27 year old male with no kids can't? WTF is wrong with our assistance programs?

So it would be nice for assistance for:
    Prescriptions
    Monthly Office Visits
    Gas to get to my doctor's office.

Thanks in advance

jjjudas55 is offline New Member

Default Prescription advocate...prescriptions for free.

Hi TexasJessie, i sure hope and pray things will look up for you soon. There is anon-profit prescription assistance company called LoneStar script Care who can help you to possibly get some or all of your meds for free. The only requirements are that you have a household income of less than $60,000, $30,000 for individuals. Not all medications are covered, but there are over 1800 that are. LoneStar charges a small monthly fee for managing the sometimes complicated application process that starts at $30 for 3 meds.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJesse View Post
    Hey everyone,
    My medications are extremely expensive. They cost me $600 a month which will be more once I start seeing a doctor for hormone replacment therapy and I KNOW the cost for Testosterone each month is going to be insanely expensive. My current doctor is giving me a shot of 200mg of Testosterone Cyp a month. 1 shot a month. I have dont my research and Test C and Test E is the longest acting ester of all Test esters. This has to be taken once a week at minimum and I only get 200mg a month. I'm suppose to be making 300mg a week! And my two office visits a month cost me $240 for one and $150 for the other. I simply cannot afford to pay these costs, including the 300 miles drive to see one of my doctors that I cannot find in Oklahoma. I have a Texas DL still, which I hope to be back in Dallas if I can land a job as that's where I ultimately want to be.

I am 27, male, single, unemployed, no income, no kids, never been married. I have chronic pain, anxiety and insomnia.

I applied for Sooner Care in Oklahoma, yet all I got was coverage incase I became pregnant. I'm a man. I can't be pregnant. So I don't understand that.

I don't qualify for Medicaid because I don't have kids.

I need help, especially for my prescription cost. I have used several different prescription drug cards. I don't know what to do.

Does anyone have anything they know that I can qualify for Nationally? Even State Wide for Oklahoma and Texas since I see one doctor in Dallas and one in Oklahoma. It also cost me $200 in gas to see my doctor in Dallas in my truck as it's a 600 mile round trip in a gas guzzling truck. Yes, I have tried and tried to find a doctor in Oklahoma to help me, but it's a 6 month waiting list and/or they don't accept cash patients. I plan on filing for disability at this point, but that takes like, 6 months or longer. I spent a good 5 hours on researching for help, yet nothing. Why can't I get help because I don't have kids? I see myself being responsible, by being single and not having kids. So why am I penalized for this? Illegal Immigrants can get assistance, but a Caucasian 27 year old male with no kids can't? WTF is wrong with our assistance programs?

So it would be nice for assistance for:
    Prescriptions
    Monthly Office Visits
    Gas to get to my doctor's office.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-01-2013 at 03:56 AM.

Faded time is offline Member

Under the new insurance laws, everyone is entitled to get insurance. If your financial resources are low, you can get the same policy for a lower price. I take testosterone too, although mine is through a patch. My insurance does cover it, but the premiums are huge. It may take some looking, and your Dr. may be able to help you, but you need to find some coverage that will take care of most of the cost of your testosterone. It doesn't matter if the condition predates the insurance, they are obligated to give you insurance anyway. Normally I would say go for a simple plan, but if you have more than just testosterone needs, you need to get a wider coverage. There should be an endocrinologist working out of any hospital you are near. See if they will take you on as a patient. Testosterone doses are based on levels when they take bloodwork.

Faded time

DanialGarcia is offline New Member

Dear TexasJessie, I think you are very disappointed by your treatment cost and may that treatment cost is very expensive. If still you can't find a suitable doctor in Oklahoma then simply click on http://health.usnews.com/top-doctors...st-in-oklahoma. I'm sure here you can find a best and affordable doctor according to your need.
    Last edited by DanialGarcia; 12-24-2013 at 01:34 AM.