Benzo found in urine
    bobnorling is offline New Member

Post Benzo found in urine

My son is an alcoholic, trying to get into a long term care facility. They won't let him in because he tests positive for Benzo in his urine. He has taken detox medicine in the past, but he's been off of it for a month. Does anyone know how else Benzo can get into your urine? He takes Wellbutrin for depression, but no other medicine.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Wellbutrin won't test positive for a benzodiazepam, the tests are so accurate now that false positives are extremely rare. Your boy took a pill.

notanabuser is offline New Member

Exclamation it happens

I was in long term treatment before, and saw several women not only get kicked out of treatment, but LOSE THE RIGHTS TO THEIR CHILDREN for the same reason...

many over the counter drugs could be the culprit! Also, stomach meds used for ulcers...and check Wellbutrin...I am pretty sure that might be the culprit...call some local urine testing facilities and ask what gives a false positive...

Good luck!

And if that doesn't work. why not send him to a facility that treats addiction in general.....not just alcoholics! There ARE differences in the addictions, but and addict is an addict, and good treatment is good treatment. I have never heard of a facility that won't take an alcoholic with a positive benzo test....are you sure this is coming from them and not him?????

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Benzodiazepines can stay in the urine for 6-8 weeks.He should be tested again in a months time......Dave

Dave87666 is offline Member

I dont even understand why they wont take him in because of benzo's being found..The way that they ween/treat alcoholics is with benzos! Kinda mind boggling to me...

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Yeah really????!!!! My dad went in the hospital a few years ago to dry out and they had him on valium as soon as he sobered up.Benzodiazepines effect the same receptors as booze does so this makes drugs like valium an obvious choice for DT's.....Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mpvt View Post
    Yeah really????!!!! My dad went in the hospital a few years ago to dry out and they had him on valium as soon as he sobered up.Benzodiazepines effect the same receptors as booze does so this makes drugs like valium an obvious choice for DT's.....Dave
    Yes you're correct Dave,when an alcoholic goes in for detoc they usually give them valuim,klonopin etc...And if your son is going in for HELP I just cant see why they would just turn him away like that,just doesnt make sense!

I did get turned away from a rehab/detox before though because I was still high on dope,and they gave me a breathalizer and I had some alcohol in my system...They actually told me to come back tomorrow sober and we will take you in...I just said WTF im going to be sick in a matter of an hour or so! I NEED help and you're turning me away? Then I told them that I would find another place that will take me in right now,and sure enough the next place that I went took me right away...

sparkey is offline Junior Member

Default ref to benzo found in urine

I work for a lab as a phlebotomist. There is a list of things that can cause you to have a result of a urine test altered from certain foods. meds that you take. If you call the lab sometimes a lab tech may be able to help you with this. Some things such as bagels with poppy seeds etc can make you test positive for THC (mariquana). Good luck. And there is a good possiblility that he did take a pill and did not get out of his system.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    I work for a lab as a phlebotomist. There is a list of things that can cause you to have a result of a urine test altered from certain foods. meds that you take. If you call the lab sometimes a lab tech may be able to help you with this. Some things such as bagels with poppy seeds etc can make you test positive for THC (mariquana). Good luck. And there is a good possiblility that he did take a pill and did not get out of his system.
    Ummm actually Sparky poppy seeds would pop up for Opiates and not weed..you would also have t have eaten a TON of poppy seeds to have eought of "opiate" in his sytem

bostontommy is offline New Member

The very first test you do after a dirty urine is a blood test at the hospital.they will clear all doubt.False positives still happen in the world of technology