Any patient assist. programs in Tn for people w/ Cancer?
    debcreature is offline Member

Question Any patient assist. programs in Tn for people w/ Cancer?

Hello all I have a friend in the hospital now who is fighting Esophogeal Cancer. He has no Ins, no money and is pretty much homeless. He's 50+ years old and his parents are gonna let him stay w/ them during this time when he's released from the hospital. He's doing Chemo, Radiation and has a feeding tube. My question is: Does anyone know of any programs for people like this who can't afford the medication and any home health care. He's applied for disability a couple of weeks ago when he was first diagnosed w/ this but we all know how long it takes to get approved. Does anyone know what he can do until he's approved?

Thanks,
    deb

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Deb ..... actually the social security should go pretty quickly with cancer if he has a little help from someone doing the legwork. In the meantime I would do a Google search on patient assistance in your particular area.

I just did a Google search and this looks like the place to go. Check this link. Hope that helps. It should be a place to start at least. God bless and I will keep your friend in my prayers. : )

http://pparxtn.org/
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-16-2010 at 10:51 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

debcreature is offline Member

Smile

Thanks ya'll....I printed the info off and will be taking it to him today.

thankful,
    deb