Abrasion Wound
    Kguanz is offline New Member

Default Abrasion Wound

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum so do hope that you guys will help me out.
    I had fell off from my bike and got injury on my knee and foot. it's a 3cmx3cm abrasion wound. Been to the doctor to clean the wound up and gotten some antibotic ointment and a pink solution to wash my wound.
    The question is how do i heal this wound is the fastest time and how do i take care of it? and the antibotic ointment need to be applied until?
    Really have no clue here. so hope u guy can help me.

Thanks

Anonymous Guest

Hi Kguanz

Cover the area with a bandage (such as gauze or a Band-Aid) to help prevent infection and dirt from getting in the wound. A first aid antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin or Neosporin can be applied to help prevent infection and keep the wound moist.

Continued care to the wound is also important. Three times a day, wash the area gently with soap and water, apply an antibiotic ointment and cover with a bandage. Also, change the bandage immediately if it gets dirty or wet.

Hope this helps,have a good,Melinda

Kguanz is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Kguanz

Cover the area with a bandage (such as gauze or a Band-Aid) to help prevent infection and dirt from getting in the wound. A first aid antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin or Neosporin can be applied to help prevent infection and keep the wound moist.

Continued care to the wound is also important. Three times a day, wash the area gently with soap and water, apply an antibiotic ointment and cover with a bandage. Also, change the bandage immediately if it gets dirty or wet.

Hope this helps,have a good,Melinda
    Hi Melinda,
    thanks for replying. Okay wash the wound 3 times with soap and water then after that apply antibotic ointment.. but how long do i have to keep it up?
    Doesnt leave the wound open without bandaging when u're at home is better? so that the wound can dry up faster?

Anonymous Guest

Hi Kguanz

A handful of studies have found that when wounds are kept moist and covered, blood vessels regenerate faster and the number of cells that cause inflammation drop more rapidly than they do in wounds allowed to air out. It is best to keep a wound moist and covered for at least five days.If you choose to let the wound air out i would do in a clean environment such as when you are home.depending on the size of your wound it should be heeled in 7 to 10 days.
    Have a great day,Melinda