Are you trying to get clean?
    tlazur is offline New Member

Default Are you trying to get clean?

Hi everyone, I would like to share my experience of combating >>>>>>/opiate withdrawl.

I was on opiates for a few years, about 4 years total. I ended up on IV >>>>>>e for the last year of it. I was finLly fed up with the stuff so I decided to quit cold turkey. This is my method.

I was lucky enough to move away from my hometown and got to live with my sister who knew I needed a way out. Many of us dont have this opportunity, but if you do, please take it. I was using at least a .5 daily. Sometimes up to 2 grams. I did taper my dose and eventually shifted back to sniffing it. Once i was out of the area and my stash ran dry I got prepared for the worst of it. This is the method I chose:

Get yourself the following items; Nyquil, valerian root, melatonin, B complex sublingual liquid, and a strong will.

The DXM (nyquil) was crucial for me. I took the reccomended dose of 30 mg for an adult. I took every 3-4 hours, depending on how I felt, always accompanied by the valerian root. The amout of valerian was not always consistant for me, 2-4 pills (500mg) each time. I cant explain in words how helpful it was.

I only needex 2 medium sized bottles for the entire acite withdrawl period.

Sleep returned on day 7 for me and Dreams came back then as well, I started feeling alive again

Mind you, I was also taking a multi vitamin and forcing myself to eat as much as I could. I was also exercising to the limit almost everyday beginning on day 3. I know it is hard but it is crucial for the brain and body to generate some good feeling once clean. I discontinued Nyquil on day 6, anymore I would be cautious because of the APAP in the nyquil can be bad for your liver, etc.

Combine this with a 12 step program and we all have a shot at this, WILLPOWER is KEY! I know there is a fighter in all of us.

P.S. I dont know how I would have beat the boredom and cravings if it wasnt for The Harry Potter movie series lol. i.e. find something that inspires you and something that envokes your heart and mind to feel again. I practiced Yoga in the morning and night also. It did wonders for the anxiety/restlessness we all feel during withdrawl.

There is a way out and we can all learn to LIVE again. Love is key.

NAmaste!

CRYintheNIGHT Guest

tiazur hello,
    Finally I found someone that believes in yoga and its healing powers. There is this wonderful article in the
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/13/fashion/13Mirror.html
    NYTimes about a herion addict that found yoga, of course along with a meetings, sponsors, support etc. Congratulations!!

tlazur is offline New Member

that is awesome and super motivational. Imo, humble as it may be, think that everybody should do Yoga! The thing i really love about it is how the poses reflect animals and nature the like! If i miss a session during the day I dont feel quite right, there is something much deeper to it then I can explIn, it is simply amaizing!!

CRYintheNIGHT Guest

Yes! it is amazing! All we can do is try and spread the word. My young daughter (24yr) started me on yoga and she too says she doesn't feel as well if she misses more than 2days. Yoga is a practice, not like stepping on a treadmill for 30mins. Every session brings new learnings, it's wonderful learning to know and love your body, and yes the poses are challenging and graceful. While Bikram is my favorite, I also have a 15min routine I do at home if Im feeling stressed. While practicing on the floor my poodles prance around licking my face, I don't take the series that seriously, but as you can tell it really breaks the tension.

Namaste