wow now im scared!!
    lostmom4 is offline New Member

Default wow now im scared!!

wow now im scared!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I joined here awhile ago but havent been able to b here much. I have been trying to get away from methadone and occasionally norco for awhile now with not much luck. i recently have been taking about 20mg to 30mg a day, well my last dose was 3 1/2 days ago, (Fri march 23rd). yesterday i took a total of 4 norcos and was wondering if i really messed up bad. BUT i really havent been feeling ALL that bad the past few days and was wondering why with NO methadone, well THEN i read the post about the poor guy STILL having a hard time for alomost a month! I am so confused i dont know what to do, or what to expect! I have a couple of norcos that >> really like to take right now to take the edge off alittle bit since im not tapering from the methadone BUT i dont know if that would just set me WAY back or what? If anyone understood anything i just rambled and has any suggestions PLEASE PLEASE reply!!! thank you!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I don't know anything about methadone. I hope someone jumps on to give you advice. It sounds like your hopping around in addiction mode, though. You may be fine with nothing and your just in a panic right now because you are not used to NOT USING. I know it is scary, but calm down and take a deep breath. 4 norcos is really nothing against the methadone anyways, even though they may have chilled you some. About the poor guy who is struggling, everyone of us is different. If you've been off for 3 1/2 days, you may be alright and bless god for that! Get your mind set that you are all right right now: at this point in time. Deal with whatever else happens when it happens. If you have to take it 1 minute at a time or 10 min. at at time do so and try not to use the norco. Why aren't you taking the methadone? Were you on a maintenance situation? Anyway try not to take the norco, but get your mind off of your problems. the norco won't help much. Post here. I'll try to stay with you as long as you like. Just try to stay calm. I think that was the hardest part of giving up Vic's: What would I do without them? How would anything get done? OMG I"m going to be sooooo sick. Been there, more times than I'm willing to remember.

Iloe Rose

i want to thank you so much for your reply, it did help! if i didnt know any better i would have thought my mom posted it cause she has told me alot of the same things you did. :-) I hate to say i ended upi taking the couple of norco (its just sooo hard) BUT i have not taken another methadone still since Friday (mar 23rd) and dont think i will. but what im wondering now is am i doing it ALL too fast? An ER dr. adviced me to maybe switch from the methadone to the norco only and then taper off the norco. I'm really disappointed in myself for even taking any norcos the past couple of days but now i feel like i have just started my WD all over again now anyways???? so love to get your input it really does help, even if it is just my mind set, it still helps! Thank you very much!!

Lost Mom, I am going to suggest that you post your questions on the "need to talk" board. Someone there may be able to help and advise you much better than I can. Tell them everything about the methadone and the Norco. I do know from reading the boards that methadone w/d can be really bad. I saw on your other post that you felt so bad that you did take the Norco. Is it helping you to function? Sounds like you're less panicky anyways. It also sounds like you're committed to getting off of this drug. You can do this and you will do this. If the norco is helping, how many do you have to take in a day? I don't know if this is a good way to detox or not or if it will help in the long run, that's why you need to post under "need to talk" and see if someone there knows how to help you or a good way to advise you. Anyways, hope you had a good day and are doing alright. Take care and if you stay here, I will keep replying to your posts. Sometimes you just need to talk to someone. Keep us posted if your w/d gets worse.

iloerose

iloerose...thank you so very much for your reply and suggestions! I will definetely try the need to talk board! But since you were so kind as to take the time to reply to me....yes the norco is helping me to function although like you said i'm not sure if im doing a good thing or not?? I try to get through as much of the day as i can before taking anything but i i have been taking 2-3 norcos before the day is over. ALTHOUGH compared to the 20mg to 40mg of methadone a day i was taking im hoping im accomplishing SOMETHING! again thank you for your replies...and i will post again.

I think you are accomplishing something. If the norco are helping right now, then stick with that plan for now, until someone with more knowledge than I have can help. Stay strong. Norco are about 5 days of feeling like you have the flu and hopefully, you can keep your intake of those relatively small. Stay strong and keep a positive mindset and you will get through this.

Iloerose