Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By toni.s.
This is very hard....
    Leeanne15 is offline Junior Member

Default This is very hard....

Hi everyone, I'm an addict and have been for probably 15 years.
    That's hard to say but so true.
    I took my last pill on Friday morning around 7:00am.
    I took around 4-6 hydros a day, just to feel normal.
    The high of it went away a long time ago. Nobody knows about it besides my
    husband. He has supported me through this and reassures me everyday how
    proud of me he is. I'm thankful to have him. Anyways, my biggest problem so far has been
    the sleepless night and crying a lot. I woke up this morning and felt good, then about an hour later
    I got real nauseas and vomitted. Now I feel a little better.
    My question is if my last pill was Friday morning am I about over the physical part of this?
    A quote was sent to my email today, ( I get quotes everyday) and I wanted to share the one I
    received today....
    The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the
    stairs.......one day at a time.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leeanne15 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm an addict and have been for probably 15 years.
    That's hard to say but so true.
    I took my last pill on Friday morning around 7:00am.
    I took around 4-6 hydros a day, just to feel normal.
    The high of it went away a long time ago. Nobody knows about it besides my
    husband. He has supported me through this and reassures me everyday how
    proud of me he is. I'm thankful to have him. Anyways, my biggest problem so far has been
    the sleepless night and crying a lot. I woke up this morning and felt good, then about an hour later
    I got real nauseas and vomitted. Now I feel a little better.
    My question is if my last pill was Friday morning am I about over the physical part of this?
    A quote was sent to my email today, ( I get quotes everyday) and I wanted to share the one I
    received today....
    The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the
    stairs.......one day at a time.
    Hi Leeanne,

Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place for sure! You can expect your symptoms to last anywhere between 3-10 days or so. Everyone is different so it depends on many things. But usually after 5 days things seem to ease up quite a bit for most people.

I will put the link below for the Thomas Recipe. It contains lots of things that will help you with your symptoms. I might suggest that you NOT use the Benzo's that are recommended in the recipe. Don't need another addiction to add right now.

Here is the link......

The Thomas Recipe
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html <-----click!

Lots of people here use it and most report how wonderful it is while detoxing! You've done the first and hardest part and that is to admit you have a problem. Not you can do something about it! I will keep checking on you quite often. My story is in the 'Need to Talk" section here. You can take a look if you wish.

Again welcome and you will see that there are many wonderful people here that really do "get it" as so many others simply do not. Post often and use this thread as your journal to look back on and see how far you've come. That really does help! I'll talk to you again real soon ok?! Blessings to you always!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Oh.....and that quote was right on the money! That is EXACTLY what you need to do. Take it one day at a time! That equals success for sure!

Hugs,
    Karen

Karen,
    Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I so needed that. I've benn reading this site for the past week and it does help knowing you're not alone. Sometimes I wish these doctors who give plenty pills a month every month to patients would have to take them too. If that makes any sense. I never ever wanna see a pain pill again. I just can't fathom how I let this get to where it did. It makes me sick to my stomach. The money, the lies, the sneaking around to get them. Heck, I couldn't even plan trips for the weekend unless I had enough. Anyways, sorry for boring everyone, I just had to get this off my chest.
    Today is day 3 for me and right now, I actually feel decent. Went for a bike ride this afternoon withy husband for about 30-40 minutes and it felt good. I'm hoping day 4 will be better than today. One can dream cant they? I've heard day 4 is brutal. Ugghhh!!!
    I was taking 4-6 lorcet 10's everyday and thought that was the only way to get any thing done. They are the devil. I think my anxiety comes from wondering when my next
    wd symptom will come. I hate this, I wanna see the end of the tunnel. I will pray for each and everyone of you here because we all deserve to feel normal again. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know it helps me a ton......

Karen,
    Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I so needed that. I've benn reading this site for the past week and it does help knowing you're not alone. Sometimes I wish these doctors who give plenty pills a month every month to patients would have to take them too. If that makes any sense. I never ever wanna see a pain pill again. I just can't fathom how I let this get to where it did. It makes me sick to my stomach. The money, the lies, the sneaking around to get them. Heck, I couldn't even plan trips for the weekend unless I had enough. Anyways, sorry for boring everyone, I just had to get this off my chest.
    Today is day 3 for me and right now, I actually feel decent. Went for a bike ride this afternoon withy husband for about 30-40 minutes and it felt good. I'm hoping day 4 will be better than today. One can dream cant they? I've heard day 4 is brutal. Ugghhh!!!
    I was taking 4-6 lorcet 10's everyday and thought that was the only way to get any thing done. They are the devil. I think my anxiety comes from wondering when my next
    wd symptom will come. I hate this, I wanna see the end of the tunnel. I will pray for each and everyone of you here because we all deserve to feel normal again. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know it helps me a ton......
    Leeanne,

It WILL get better for you and that is a promise! You never have to use another pill again. I did the very same things that you have done. And I tried and tried to get free of those pills, but just wasn't strong enough. So I had no choice but to try and use Suboxone and that was what saved me.

This is my very first day clean for over 7 long years! And I started with having a headache at a party and a guy giving me what I thought was a tylenol or a motrin. One single pill! Boy was I wrong. And when that feeling hit, I was in love! No stopping me then.

Your habit although very addictive, is actually not that many pills in the grand scheme of things. And if you go after your wanting to be clean as hard as you have in trying to obtain the pills when you wanted and needed them, you will succeed where I failed. You have a great start to getting free and saving your life!

And that exercise is KEY! It helps your natural endorphins to begin to work again. And staying busy keeps your mind off of it. You are doing all the right things now. You only need to remain vigilant and want it more than anything else. It really sounds like you do!

Get those things from the Thomas Recipe....they really do help! And eventually you should try to go to some NA or AA meetings for continued support. I am doing that right now. I love it too! Those people there really do get it! Thanks for posting. And remember to keep posting. It helps so much to do that here. And you can look back anytime and see how far you've come. Take care and if I can be of any further help, please let me know. Bless you girl.

Lotsa Love,
    Karen
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 07-16-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Leeanne,

I also wanted to tell you that you began this thread in the "painkiller addiction" section of the forum. And that is perfectly ok. But if you would like much more "action" and responses here then I might suggest that you maybe copy and paste this thread in the "Need to Talk" section of the forum.

That site has MUCH more action, and lots more people that regularly read and respond there. Many more actually! If you don't know how, or need help in doing it, I would be glad to help you out. Just say the word and I'll do what I can to help.

Take care and have a great evening!

Hugs,
    Karen

Hi Karen,
    I hope day 2 is going okay for you. You sound so determined and that is key I hear. I'm proud of y

Hi Karen,
    I hope day 2 is going okay for you. You sound so determined and that is key I hear. I'm proud of y
    Hey Girl,

Thank you very much! I'm really doing great! My 2nd day clean and it was better than yesterday if that's even possible! I'm on my way! Yipeeeee!

How are YOU doing Leeanne? I hope that today is much better for you than yesterday was? Each day forward should be getting much easier to handle for you. You are at 4 days clean right now and that is so awesome! I'm PROUD of YOU girl!

Your symptoms should be easing up a bit for you really now. Today may not be perfect, but remember that you used for about 15 years so you can't expect to be feeling great after only 4 days right? But I can promise you that it will come for you if you remain vigilant and do the "next right thing" by not ever using again. You can do it Leeanne, you ARE doing it right now!

Thanks for your post, but you really need to post how you're feeling and what your symptoms are like at the time. I can't believe that someone else hasn't been here for you! I'll see if I can get a few of my friends on the other site to come over and give you some of their encouragement. They are really awesome and you'll love em! Hang in there girl, it will get better for you real soon.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

toni.s. is offline Senior Member

hey Leeanne,
    i don't rly venture over to this part of the forum too much.. but karen took the time to post on her thread about u..said ur new here?!..just wanted to come by and introduce myself..and offer u my support!
    the good news is..ur doing ur detox cold turkey ..and ur already 4 days into it..
    they say it should only rly last 5-7 days..
    so it's coming along..
    don't worry about stressing about the next symptom..i've said time and time again that the worst thing for me about coming off the drugs was the anxiety that came along with it.. just about the unknown i guess.
    it's nothing but a thing girl!..
    we all went through it..so ur not alone...
    i know it sux..counting down the mins too? been there...
    just know that the mins turn into hrs..into days...then months..until ur not counting at all!
    just get through today..that's all that we ask.
    (just like ur stairway quote )
    JUST DON'T USE TODAY...
    we'll deal with tomorrow as it comes..
    just like ur symptoms
    treat what's bothering u now..
    and then IF another shows up..jump on here and post..and we'll try and advise u ..on the best way to deal with it.
    i know i can speak for karen and I (if that's ok, karen lol) that u're kinda stuck with us now. so we'll be here supporting u the whole way..just tell us how we can help...
    u have the desire ...and that's all it takes to get me in ur corner
    so...nice to meet you!
    i'll be following ur progress..so keep us updated k?
    Strong Desire likes this.

THANK YOU Toni.......

You are AWESOME!

Hugs,
    Karen

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

hey leanne, I underatand so much what you are going thru. you are on day 5 now i think right? How r u feeling?
    Clean and Sober as of 4-25-2011

Leeanne,

I have your new thread already begun in the Need to Talk section! Head over there now and you can see for yourself. You should get lots more help there than this site for some reason. Seems that most people gravitate to that section more than this one. Hope you are happy with it!

Big Hugs,
    Karen