Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By scaredinlosangeles
  • 2 Post By ARTIST658
There is hope !
  1. #1
    scaredinlosangeles is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default There is hope !

    So I am now 3 weeks clean off all opiates .... on 4/9 I went cold turkey off of a 3 year norco addiction ... I started out taking them recreationally and had a steady supply from a dealer out here in LA ... it started out with 1 or 2 in the morning 1 or 2 when i got home from work and over the course of 3 years I managed to keep my usage down to about 7-10 a day ... but my body was HOOKED .... if i missed even 1 does I would totally start to withdraw really bad. I needed them to sleep , I needed them to function .... I jokingly called them my happy pills ....in my opinion this drug and all painkillers are the devils candy ...

    just an update ... it has been 3 weeks since my last pill....

    week 1 was hell ....especially the 1st 3 days ... be prepared for 3 days of torture ... as crazy as it sounds put on some headphones and try to get out and walk around as soon as you feel ok to.... also SHOWERS OR BATHS as hot as you can stand with the water beating on your upper and lower back , do not under estimate the power of this .... i think it single handed was the reason i was able to quit.

    week 2 was uncomfortable ...and thats putting it somewhat lightly i recommend if you cant sleep and have anxiety and or restless leg syndrome as a sympton of withdrawl to find yourself a low dose of something like valium which is less habit forming than xanax or klonopin .... and get really friendly with your bathtub and HOT baths .... again do not underestimate the power of a hot bath... about half way through week 2 I started to feel ALOT better ...

    i just hit 3 weeks clean off my 2-3 year addiction to norcos ... and I AM alive , I am well , I feel like the lights have been turned on .... I sleep well the anxiety is at a minimum ... and very easy to cope with ... no restless leg syndrome ... and I have the motivation to do things I havent wanted to do in more than 2 years ... and every day is a blessing and I try to make every day count now instead of walking around like a happy little zombie ...

    I can finally say i feel like im out of the woods.....so for all if you who are debating whether to quit or not ... DO IT .... life is good on the other side ! ....


    I am not following any steps .... I dont really like any of the religious stuff that goes along with that .... I am a huge supporter of things like marijuana ... and its medical benefits ... if you agree with me on that .... get yourself some really good pot as well ... it REALLY helps with the withdrawl symptoms , AND it makes you want to eat again which is something i didnt do for the first week ....

    Oh and force yourself to drink as much water as you can .... some people say take imodium but as gross as it sounds i say let that slide .... its just all the toxic build up in your body leaving ....



    MY ONE QUESTION ! ..... WHEN WILL THIS SNEEZING STOP !!?!?!?!?

    Its the only withdrawl symptom I still have .....





    I hope this helps someone ....
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-30-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    percostop likes this.

  2. #2
    sho16 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    very nice post. exactly what i've been looking for. can you be any more detailed as far as the days go?

    i.e.,
    days 1-3
    days 4-7
    days 7-10
    days 10-14
    days 14-21
    days 21-28
    days 28-35
    etc

    thank you so much. nervous about the "after 7-10 days" experiences. been a LOOOONG time since i've gone that long. thx

  3. #3
    shawn156 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sho16 View Post
    very nice post. exactly what i've been looking for. can you be any more detailed as far as the days go?

    i.e.,
    days 1-3
    days 4-7
    days 7-10
    days 10-14
    days 14-21
    days 21-28
    days 28-35
    etc

    thank you so much. nervous about the "after 7-10 days" experiences. been a LOOOONG time since i've gone that long. thx
    It's hard to say how one person will be affected compared to another. For me 4-5 days detox and I am just fine,others I have seen take a few weeks to get better.
    I am free of all opiates for almost 2 weeks and I went back to a normal life within 2 days of stopping.I done it differently then others,I went for a weaker opiate and got off the Norco with very little w/d and then started to taper off the weaker Opiate my Doctor gave me. I don't advise anyone to do it this way,but it did make my life a little easier the way I done it. It took me a total of 2 months to get and stay clean when I started out. It took me longer to get off of the Norco then it did the weaker opiate.I was a bit scared and didn't think I would get through it,but I did and my life has changed a lot since getting clean.I'll never go back to using again,just not worth it.

    I was thinking about starting a thread today about getting clean and how much better life is when your aren't drugged up.
    Good luck and hope what I wrote helps some.

  4. #4
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scaredinlosangeles View Post
    I am not following any steps .... I dont really like any of the religious stuff that goes along with that .... I am a huge supporter of things like marijuana ... and its medical benefits ... if you agree with me on that .... get yourself some really good pot as well ... it REALLY helps with the withdrawl symptoms , AND it makes you want to eat again which is something i didnt do for the first week ....

    I hope this helps someone ....
    Dear Scared,

    Since this forum is about offering "constructive advice," I thought it would be wise to respond to this post. A lot of folks come to this forum seeking help with recovery from drug addiction. Suggesting that a good way to detox off opiates is to turn to marijuana is NOT a helpful suggestion. It never makes sense to substitute one addictive drug for another; that is not recovery. Recovery from drug addiction is about abstinance from all mood-altering, mind-altering chemicals - that includes marijuana and booze.

    Also, it sounds to me like you have basically tossed out the idea of a 12-step program based upon the assumption that it is "religious stuff." It is not. A 12-step program is the most successful means available to turn around the behaviors and attitudes that led us into drug addiction. There is no "religious" requirement.

    The mention of "God" in these programs is merely to allow the addict to realize that they are best off NOT trying to do this alone. That's a common error that we make, thinking it's all up to us and our own sheer willpower to recover. We need other people, we need guidance. On our own, we find our way into the nightmare; that same thinking will not bring us out of it for long. Seeking out a "higher power" is simply turning to something outside of ourselves for help. For many, that "higher power" is simply their NA or AA group. It need not be "God" or "Jesus" or anything like that. To discard the 12 step program based on the misguided belief that it requires some kind of religious conversion is foolhardy.

    The 12 steps are basically a common-sense tool for an addict to do some essential self-reflection, to rid themselves of the behaviors and attitudes that kept them sick in their addiction, and find more healthy means to cope with life, without a drink or drug.

    If all we do is stop the narcotic - and think that's success - the likelihood is tremendous that we'll eventually return to the drug use. Drugs were our crutch, and without them, we need to change the way we manage our lives. Marijuana is not the answer - it's just another means of continuing to escape life by chemical means.

    I hope you'll consider this, and give yourself the best possible chance at long-term recovery.

    God bless,
    Ruth
    Sundwn and surfdog like this.

    You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

  5. #5
    surfdog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Macon GA/Montana/Wyoming
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scaredinlosangeles View Post
    So I am now 3 weeks clean off all opiates .... on 4/9 I went cold turkey off of a 3 year norco addiction ... I started out taking them recreationally and had a steady supply from a dealer out here in LA ... it started out with 1 or 2 in the morning 1 or 2 when i got home from work and over the course of 3 years I managed to keep my usage down to about 7-10 a day ... but my body was HOOKED .... if i missed even 1 does I would totally start to withdraw really bad. I needed them to sleep , I needed them to function .... I jokingly called them my happy pills ....in my opinion this drug and all painkillers are the devils candy ...

    just an update ... it has been 3 weeks since my last pill....

    week 1 was hell ....especially the 1st 3 days ... be prepared for 3 days of torture ... as crazy as it sounds put on some headphones and try to get out and walk around as soon as you feel ok to.... also SHOWERS OR BATHS as hot as you can stand with the water beating on your upper and lower back , do not under estimate the power of this .... i think it single handed was the reason i was able to quit.

    week 2 was uncomfortable ...and thats putting it somewhat lightly i recommend if you cant sleep and have anxiety and or restless leg syndrome as a sympton of withdrawl to find yourself a low dose of something like valium which is less habit forming than xanax or klonopin .... and get really friendly with your bathtub and HOT baths .... again do not underestimate the power of a hot bath... about half way through week 2 I started to feel ALOT better ...

    i just hit 3 weeks clean off my 2-3 year addiction to norcos ... and I AM alive , I am well , I feel like the lights have been turned on .... I sleep well the anxiety is at a minimum ... and very easy to cope with ... no restless leg syndrome ... and I have the motivation to do things I havent wanted to do in more than 2 years ... and every day is a blessing and I try to make every day count now instead of walking around like a happy little zombie ...

    I can finally say i feel like im out of the woods.....so for all if you who are debating whether to quit or not ... DO IT .... life is good on the other side ! ....


    I am not following any steps .... I dont really like any of the religious stuff that goes along with that .... I am a huge supporter of things like marijuana ... and its medical benefits ... if you agree with me on that .... get yourself some really good pot as well ... it REALLY helps with the withdrawl symptoms , AND it makes you want to eat again which is something i didnt do for the first week ....

    Oh and force yourself to drink as much water as you can .... some people say take imodium but as gross as it sounds i say let that slide .... its just all the toxic build up in your body leaving ....



    MY ONE QUESTION ! ..... WHEN WILL THIS SNEEZING STOP !!?!?!?!?

    Its the only withdrawl symptom I still have .....





    I hope this helps someone ....
    ScaredLA, Ruth is dead on. There is nothing religious about 12 step programs. You can believe in whatever you want as long as it is greater than you. 3 are stronger 1. Religion was left out of the 12 steps purposely we are dealing with a disease not a sin.
    Religion is man made, a dogma or/and a set of rituals used to worship a particular Deity, spirituality is God given that is a personal relationship with whomever/whatever a person sees as their higher power. Big difference, there is no one in a 12 step group going to tell you what you believe is right or wrong.
    Medical pot may have it's benefits are their medical reasons for your use or is it to get high?
    Surfdog

  6. #6
    percostop is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scaredinlosangeles View Post
    So I am now 3 weeks clean off all opiates .... on 4/9 I went cold turkey off of a 3 year norco addiction ... I started out taking them recreationally and had a steady supply from a dealer out here in LA ... it started out with 1 or 2 in the morning 1 or 2 when i got home from work and over the course of 3 years I managed to keep my usage down to about 7-10 a day ... but my body was HOOKED .... if i missed even 1 does I would totally start to withdraw really bad. I needed them to sleep , I needed them to function .... I jokingly called them my happy pills ....in my opinion this drug and all painkillers are the devils candy ...

    just an update ... it has been 3 weeks since my last pill....

    week 1 was hell ....especially the 1st 3 days ... be prepared for 3 days of torture ... as crazy as it sounds put on some headphones and try to get out and walk around as soon as you feel ok to.... also SHOWERS OR BATHS as hot as you can stand with the water beating on your upper and lower back , do not under estimate the power of this .... i think it single handed was the reason i was able to quit.

    week 2 was uncomfortable ...and thats putting it somewhat lightly i recommend if you cant sleep and have anxiety and or restless leg syndrome as a sympton of withdrawl to find yourself a low dose of something like valium which is less habit forming than xanax or klonopin .... and get really friendly with your bathtub and HOT baths .... again do not underestimate the power of a hot bath... about half way through week 2 I started to feel ALOT better ...

    i just hit 3 weeks clean off my 2-3 year addiction to norcos ... and I AM alive , I am well , I feel like the lights have been turned on .... I sleep well the anxiety is at a minimum ... and very easy to cope with ... no restless leg syndrome ... and I have the motivation to do things I havent wanted to do in more than 2 years ... and every day is a blessing and I try to make every day count now instead of walking around like a happy little zombie ...

    I can finally say i feel like im out of the woods.....so for all if you who are debating whether to quit or not ... DO IT .... life is good on the other side ! ....


    I am not following any steps .... I dont really like any of the religious stuff that goes along with that .... I am a huge supporter of things like marijuana ... and its medical benefits ... if you agree with me on that .... get yourself some really good pot as well ... it REALLY helps with the withdrawl symptoms , AND it makes you want to eat again which is something i didnt do for the first week ....

    Oh and force yourself to drink as much water as you can .... some people say take imodium but as gross as it sounds i say let that slide .... its just all the toxic build up in your body leaving ....



    MY ONE QUESTION ! ..... WHEN WILL THIS SNEEZING STOP !!?!?!?!?

    Its the only withdrawl symptom I still have .....





    I hope this helps someone ....
    YOU'RE POST WAS THE BEST POST I HAVE SEEN!!! All I have been coming across is posts that scare the ???? out of me. You kept a positive spirit mixed with realness. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm day 4 off of percs, withdrawal got me bugging out, but my soul is glowing thinking of the goodness that will follow! Nothing worth doing is easy. I've been googling lots of quotes, keep the positivity alive.

    My advice? Even though I'm on day 4, I have quit once before and have felt amazing after. It's just a shame I fell off the wagon, but I'm dusting myself off. You must go through the pain, consider pain your friend. It is weakness leaving the body.

    Cold sweats? Weakness leaving your pores.
    Muscle pains all over? Think about how amazing it will feel when they finally cease. You'll have a new appreciation for feeling healthy, something we all take for granted that we pray on our knees for if it is taken away.
    Can't eat? Oh how amazing your first bite will be once the withdrawal is gone. Everything you took for granted in life will be bliss. Never forget how beautiful the simple things in life are.
    Got the runs? Like the original poster said, "let it slide", that's the toxins leaving your body.

    Our body is a temple, which we abused, but never again.

    GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22