Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DCGULL
Thanks to the forums, I'm staying clean!
    DCGULL is offline New Member

Default Thanks to the forums, I'm staying clean!

Hello all. I'm Dave and have been away from a drink for almost 10 years, but, approximately 4 1/2 years ago, someone turned to me on a Saturday evening and said "Would you like a Percocet to enjoy your evening?" and I have been using on and off ever since. Sobriety from a drink: good, overall sobriety: a sham. I just swapped drug of choice from booze to pills and have been chasing the dream ever since. As always- at a cost. Bottom hits when you are ready to accept the truth.

Well, thanks to this forum and a select few supportive & sober members, I made the decision to get clean- free & clear of this crazy addiction. Typical daily use: 20 to 40mg of Oxycontin, based on availability, cash flow, etc...Sometimes much higher, sometimes lower- but, always something. Somewhere in the 'fun' maintainence became the issue- I hate detox & am a total wussy when it comes to it. So, having heard about Subutex & Subozone, reading the many threads, learning about the process, half life, etc...I decided to use Robert_325's taper program.

I started Saturday evening( had to wait for a COWS score of 26 1st- too many posts about precipitated W/D for me NOT to wait) and started with .50mg & added .25mg x 2 over the next 3 hours. 1mg on day 1, Sunday: 2x .50mg PO in AM & late PM, Monday, Tuesday the same. I feel pretty OK, not all detox symptoms are removed, but, I can function, think, smile & notice that it is raining outside. This is the best possible outcome & more is not better.

So, my deepest gratitude to those who have posted in sobriety & have helped so many (self included!) & is there a "rapid subutex detox" process thread (Robert_325???) that I can use to not get overly addicted to the Subutex? Very long 1/2 life & noted many struggling under 1mg doses- I don't want to have that experience. Needing a crumb....and another....

Very excited & somewhat proud of progress- but, I want to be done! Also, having been through the process of ETOH detox, I'm very aware and sensitive to PAWS. Also, I have a fabulous group that I hang around with in churches all over the place- lots of solid AA around for support. Less NA and not as strong as local AA- but, available.

Thanks again- I'll keep a quick update here & there regarding progress, please help me make this really brief!

Thanks in advance

Dave
    HopefulnHouston likes this.

Well, its day 4 & I'm having very few & slight detox issues: difficulty sleeping, random waves & strange lack of desire to eat, but, other than occasional sweats- I'm pretty swell. I'm feeling more than a little old & am considering taking a .25mg sliver to get back to normal, but, theast thing I want to do is INCREASE my daily intake.

Feel free to say 'tough it out' & I'll take the advice, but, is rather get back to an even keel for the rest of the work day.

You can tough it out!!! I don't know anything about sub tapering/detox except from info I have read here, but I did a VERRRRRRY slow taper off a pretty minimal (to most) dose of hydro. When I did finally get the nerve to jump I wish I had done it way before.

One of my mind tricks at the end when I was getting serious was to tell myself, ok you can take another half or whatever if you still really want it in 30mins. Most if not all the time, I didn't still want it as bad or else got busy and forgot about it.

Hang in there, and that is a good idea, when you want to take that extra piece, come on here and post, it helps!

Actually, I got distracted waiting for someone to tell me DON'T, and now I'm fine. And, it works for tomorrow-my 11 &hour day- as I prefer to take my 2nd dose in the late afternoon, so I can attempt to sleep!

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Stay with Robert's plan it works Surfdog