terrified to detox, need help please!
    DaturaJane is offline Junior Member

Red face terrified to detox, need help please!

I have been around this block a time or two but now I have a whole family that is counting on me and this is the first time I have ever tried to do anything like this with the responsibilities I have. I think I may be able to manage if I can try to keep the w/d to a minimum so I was hoping to try to taper. I take an average of 100 mg oxy a day, figure I can start by cutting that in half at least. I figure that alone is probably going to cause some discomfort at the very least. I wouldn't mind to keep posting and keep people updated, just let me know that you are out there! I need your help, your thoughts, your opinions, your advice, anything! If I knew what I was doing or had a way to get this done and never have to do it again then I woudln't be here, so since I am I hope that all of you will share your advice and experiences. I have been so desperate to do this that I have thought about just quitting cold turkey to get it over with already, Please help, I need it,

NoMoreOxy is offline Senior Member

Replied to you on your other thread Jane. Stay strong!

raven4141 is offline New Member

I'm out here. How are you doing?

I'm 32 days off morphine and 35 off oxy. I was taking up to 450mg of oxy a day and 90 mg of extended release morphine. I quit with the assistance of subutex although I quickly discovered that was a mistake and am currently working on weaning off of that. I have the same discomfort ON it as I have weaning (sweats, headaches).

Anyhow, I'm on here everyday and am looking for support and friends. I understand how you feel. I was scared to death to do this. I was so scared that I cleaned all of my toilets and set up stations with tucks pads. Then I set up a tray next to my bed with immodium and snacks like crackers etc. Next to that was a pot to puke in and a garbage bag. I ended up not needing most of that. It was much more of a mental war than a physical one. Not that it was easy but not near as bad as I had psyched myself up for.

But it looks like you are now a few days in from when you posted this. How are you doing?

raven4141 is offline New Member

I also wanted to mention that I can relate to having responsabilities. I have two children. A ten year old daughter and a two year old son who I take care of every day. I was able to have my family take them for the first 36 hours and my husband was home over the first 3 days. But then I got my son back. The first week was really rough.

I wish I could just go cold turkey now or be a lot more aggressive but I just can't. I have things like my daughters play, family vacation, and my son's daily activities that I HAVE to be present for. Unless I choose to go away for inpatient, which for many reasons I will not, I have to do it this way. So even though I am at home, I am up at 6:15 and there is no rest until nap-time and then not until 9:15pm. Weaning seems like the best option now.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Jane and Raven the people here are willing to help and support any way possible, If it couldn't be done there would be no one sober. Have either of you considered 12 meetings? Post post post it really does help Surfdog