Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ARTIST658
So... What do I do?
    DaturaJane is offline Junior Member

Default So... What do I do?

I am fed up with everything right about now. As usual, disappointment is inevitable and once again I have failed before I even got started. I have a tendency to glorify what I have, especially when it comes to my husband. Well, eventually you would think I might start realizing that my tendencies are only aiding in my disappointments and failures.

So now the bottom line is this: I am on my own. The only way I can get my husband to help me and follow through with any of his wonderfully, even if falsely, made promises, is by giving him my meds so that he can take them as I am trying to get off of them. In reality, he is not helping me by trying to be an addict himself. If he were to look at the situation maybe he wouldn't be taking medicine I need, but putting it up for me to help me do something like this, like change my life and rid myself of all this ????- permanently.

Okay, so none of this is the point I guess, I am just mad and frustrated and not sure what to do. The bottom line is that I need to get off all these damn drugs while I still can- what do I do? I am broke, unwilling to trust my doc (we been around this carousel before- he says I need the meds and just keeps giving them to me) and scared of all of the alternatives- subs, methadone or something worse. HOW CAN I dO THIS?!?!?!?!? I swear I am seconds away from going to a damn rehab or something. Except I don't want to PERMANENTLY lose my meds, or risk my daughter being taken from me. *Sidenote* surgery is up next, prob within a year or so, and I will be back on meds but I want to get off them now so that it will help when I need them again. With my disabilities this is just something I deal with.

any ideas.... info...?

sammy777 is offline New Member

HI, i have no advice(i'm new) i wouldn't want to write the wrong thing, but i wanted to say i feel for you. Are you in pain now? Or your not in pain now but want to get off until you need them for pain?I just read your post and want to help but i'm not sure how. I'm trying to get of subs*sigh*I have read tons of info on them(subs) and it seems the opinion is WD from subs is worse, but i am repeating what i have read. I am trying to just cut down and it would be so much easier if i could go to a hotel, no kids, no housework,work,dogs,husband,ect..I could do it i know i could, but at home i get SO tired and sick i have too take a small amount. I guess that would be my advice, can you go to your own rehab, AKA hotel???

Sammy

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaturaJane View Post
    I am fed up with everything right about now. As usual, disappointment is inevitable and once again I have failed before I even got started. I have a tendency to glorify what I have, especially when it comes to my husband. Well, eventually you would think I might start realizing that my tendencies are only aiding in my disappointments and failures.

So now the bottom line is this: I am on my own. The only way I can get my husband to help me and follow through with any of his wonderfully, even if falsely, made promises, is by giving him my meds so that he can take them as I am trying to get off of them. In reality, he is not helping me by trying to be an addict himself. If he were to look at the situation maybe he wouldn't be taking medicine I need, but putting it up for me to help me do something like this, like change my life and rid myself of all this ????- permanently.

Okay, so none of this is the point I guess, I am just mad and frustrated and not sure what to do. The bottom line is that I need to get off all these damn drugs while I still can- what do I do? I am broke, unwilling to trust my doc (we been around this carousel before- he says I need the meds and just keeps giving them to me) and scared of all of the alternatives- subs, methadone or something worse. HOW CAN I dO THIS?!?!?!?!? I swear I am seconds away from going to a damn rehab or something. Except I don't want to PERMANENTLY lose my meds, or risk my daughter being taken from me. *Sidenote* surgery is up next, prob within a year or so, and I will be back on meds but I want to get off them now so that it will help when I need them again. With my disabilities this is just something I deal with.

any ideas.... info...?
    I'm a bit confused by your post, as it doesn't fully explain your situation. Best I can tell, it sound like you're blaming your husband for your inability to stop the pills. I don't 'get' why you have to give your husband pills so that he will help you to detox? That sounds bizarre.

Although it's obviously going to be difficult if your husband continues to take pills, that does not have to stop you from taking care of yourself. It may require a detox or rehab, but if you want recovery that badly, it's a wise move to take. If you go in-patient for help, there's no reason you'll lose your daughter. And if you have surgery, naturally the doctor will prescribe for post-surgical pain.

When we're serious about getting clean, we find the way. When we're 'on the fence,' we find excuses.

God bless,
    Ruth
    surfdog likes this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.