In a rut here
    shawn156 is offline Member

Default In a rut here

So I have tried to stop taking the vicodin 7.5 and haven't been able to.I made it 4 days then started up again. I had a Dr appt on Feb 22nd and got the Dr to agree to not giving me the vicodin anymore. It was a toss up with him,he wanted to do 60 vicodin and 60 tylenol 3 with codeine. We agreed on 90 T3s a month.
    My problem is I still had vicodin at home and am just about out of them. I'm not out of control with them,maybe 3 a day and 2 T3s total. I am wondering now if I totally stop the vicodin and just use the T3s,will it subside the withdrawals from the vicodins?The Dr knows I want off pain meds and has agrees to help but said he was not going to go back and forth with me and said if I go with T3 I am stuck with it,which at the time I wanted to do that and stay away from vicodin all together.
    I have noticed the last few weeks when the weather changes I can barely move and in a lot of pain.Vicodin won't even touch the amount of pain I am in and T3 is to weak to stop a headache.
    A little history.This isn't my first go around with Vicodin but I have always had Darvocet to use when I stopped and never had withdrawal symptoms when I had the Darvocet.Now that Darvocet is no longer on the market,T3 was the only thing I could think of to help curb the withdrawal.With Darvocet,I could stop using them c/t and never feel a thing afterwards. No w/d problems whatsoever.
    I really need to get a solution to my problem and fast.I was trying to cut back on the vicodin and get to 1 a day but that didn't work so well.I am down from 7-8 a day to 3 a day,a big improvement but not where i want to be. I have a family member who has a script for vicodin and doesn't use to many of them if I need some I can get them but I need a plan first so I can taper down from them.Please help!

xoesmom is offline Member

I know you don't want to be sick, I get it. But honestly, and you know this in your heart, you just need to stop. It is the most scary thing in the world, but try to keep your eye on the end result. NEVER having to worry about when or where you will get your pills will be nice huh? As much as it sucks, is there anyway you could just do cold turkey? If you stopped tomorrow (Friday) you would have the weekend to get thru the worst of it. At the most you are probably looking at 5 days or so of feeling bad. Do you have chronic pain? Or is the pain you are talking about from being dopesick? Because, if it's just dopesick, you know it's only temporary. And so you don't think I have no idea what you're going thru here's a little background on me...
    First pills, then smoking >>>>>>, then shooting >>>>>>...finally methadone for almost a year now and I'm so freaking done!!! Come Saturday I am not going back to the clinic to get my dose and I am so NOT looking forward to the "fun" of being sweaty, crampy, puking, etc that I know is in the mail. BUT...it will finally be over. To me, it's worth the sick. And a word of advice...do this now because it will never be any easier than this moment. And no matter what you do, NEVER get on methadone. It is sooooo much harder to quit than pills or even >>>>>>. I am looking at being sick for a minimum of 2 weeks, max 2 months....compared to a week of kicking >>>>>>, which I have done. I would rather kick H a thousand times than do what I'm about to do, but I know how great life will be when I'm done.

So, I have an offer for you...wanna try to do this together? I am down for stopping Saturday...how about you? Let me know and if so I will do my absolute BEST to be there for you! Hope to hear from you soon...good luck!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-08-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xoesmom View Post
    I know you don't want to be sick, I get it. But honestly, and you know this in your heart, you just need to stop. It is the most scary thing in the world, but try to keep your eye on the end result. NEVER having to worry about when or where you will get your pills will be nice huh? As much as it sucks, is there anyway you could just do cold turkey? If you stopped tomorrow (Friday) you would have the weekend to get thru the worst of it. At the most you are probably looking at 5 days or so of feeling like ????. Do you have chronic pain? Or is the pain you are talking about from being dopesick? Because, if it's just dopesick, you know it's only temporary. And so you don't think I have no idea what you're going thru here's a little background on me...
    First pills, then smoking >>>>>>, then shooting >>>>>>...finally methadone for almost a year now and I'm so freaking done!!! Come Saturday I am not going back to the clinic to get my dose and I am so NOT looking forward to the "fun" of being sweaty, crampy, puking, etc that I know is in the mail. BUT...it will finally be over. To me, it's worth the sick. And a word of advice...do this now because it will never be any easier than this moment. And no matter what you do, NEVER get on methadone. It is sooooo much harder to quit than pills or even >>>>>>. I am looking at being sick for a minimum of 2 weeks, max 2 months....compared to a week of kicking >>>>>>, which I have done. I would rather kick H a thousand times than do what I'm about to do, but I know how great life will be when I'm done.

So, I have an offer for you...wanna try to do this together? I am down for stopping Saturday...how about you? Let me know and if so I will do my absolute BEST to be there for you! Hope to hear from you soon...good luck!
    I'd love to do it Saturday but I have to work and my best chance to do this is to start Tuesday evening when I have everything done on my end and I can be at home for 5 days or so with nothing to do.
    I have fibromyalgia and I don't know if it is the meds or the FMS causing me pain,when i stopped a month ago the pain was getting better then it hit me again along with the mental stuff.I know I can do it,it's just I am actually scared to stop c/t again after doing it a month ago.My parents will be upset once again I am doing it but I know it needs to be done and soon. Thanks for the advice and I guess come Tuesday I will stop everything even the T3s and just face it again.

xoesmom is offline Member

Well, by Tuesday I should be well on my way to death lol..not really funny I know but I am trying to keep a positive attitude here. I am SURE I will be on here so if you wanna talk just hit me up. Good luck to you! I'm going to start a thread on Saturday and just post how it's going everyday, if I'm able, so I should be easy to find

As far as your parents being mad, well, they'll live, ya know? And as a parent myself, I can tell you that they're not mad as much as sad to watch you go thru this. I wouldn't wish what we are about to do on my worst enemy so I can't imagine watching one of my kids do it. In the end it will all be worth it, right? Let me know how it goes ok?

Quote Originally Posted by xoesmom View Post
    Well, by Tuesday I should be well on my way to death lol..not really funny I know but I am trying to keep a positive attitude here. I am SURE I will be on here so if you wanna talk just hit me up. Good luck to you! I'm going to start a thread on Saturday and just post how it's going everyday, if I'm able, so I should be easy to find

As far as your parents being mad, well, they'll live, ya know? And as a parent myself, I can tell you that they're not mad as much as sad to watch you go thru this. I wouldn't wish what we are about to do on my worst enemy so I can't imagine watching one of my kids do it. In the end it will all be worth it, right? Let me know how it goes ok?
    I know.Just going through it not long ago will be the part that upsets them but I have to do this again and hopefully it won't be near as bad since it's not as bad of a habit as last time,between now and Tuesday I am cutting down to try and lessen the blow I will take come Tuesday.
    My daughter is starting to have back problems and has wanted something stronger for her back and I refuse to let them give her a narcotic opiate pain med. I told her and the Dr that I have struggled for years on them and I am not allowing my children to go through the same ups and downs I have been the last 6 years.
    I'll look for your post and good luck to you I know we can do this.