Results 1 to 9 of 9
relapse question
  1. #1
    Wwbiker832 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default relapse question

    some of u know my story some dont but ive been clean forbsix months... anyways i ve been helping a neighbor get clean after a 6 month vic habit. he was clean for 32 days then this past weekend he relapsed and took 2norco in one day then24hours later one tramadol. he is freakibg out thinkn his withdrawals will start all over now ive been telling him they wont that he did mess up his sobriety streak but that his wd wont restart after be clean for 32 days then only taking three pills as long as he stops now correct? hearing some input or confirmation would he great

  2. #2
    Wwbiker832 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    anyone??? sorry for double post im doing this from phone dunno what happened

  3. #3
    detroit_boi is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    139

    Default

    i dunno...But for his sake, i hope he gets W/D...Becaus eif he doesnt, hell just let his guard down and REALLY go down the old path

  4. #4
    Wwbiker832 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    been i little over 24 hours no wd and yes i agree but he realizes what he may of done. ithink if wd would happen they would start by noe

  5. #5
    Wwbiker832 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    at least i think they would?? even if they were mild

  6. #6
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by detroit_boi View Post
    i dunno...But for his sake, i hope he gets W/D...Becaus eif he doesnt, hell just let his guard down and REALLY go down the old path
    I agree, but I don't think it works like that, I mean having the w/d again. Probably won't have any w/d, but cravings? And then that old bothersome thought at the back of the head: I can take just one or two and just quit whenever. Many of us thought the same thing and before you know it you're back where you started. The saying 1 is too many and 1000 isn't enough is too true. I'll be thinking of your friend and hoping he can stay strong enough to "do the next right thing" because the only answer is to NOT USE. What should scare him is that if he gets in the mindset that he can take just one or two every now and then again, he is controlling his addiction, the insidiousness of this disease is that while we THINK we can control the drug, the drug will eventually end up controlling us again. Try to have him think about how he felt using and how he feels now, make a list, go to a NA meeting. Relapse happens. Hopefully for your friend's sake, he can get over this "bump" in the road.

    IloeRose

  7. #7
    Wwbiker832 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    I agree, but I don't think it works like that, I mean having the w/d again. Probably won't have any w/d, but cravings? And then that old bothersome thought at the back of the head: I can take just one or two and just quit whenever. Many of us thought the same thing and before you know it you're back where you started. The saying 1 is too many and 1000 isn't enough is too true. I'll be thinking of your friend and hoping he can stay strong enough to "do the next right thing" because the only answer is to NOT USE. What should scare him is that if he gets in the mindset that he can take just one or two every now and then again, he is controlling his addiction, the insidiousness of this disease is that while we THINK we can control the drug, the drug will eventually end up controlling us again. Try to have him think about how he felt using and how he feels now, make a list, go to a NA meeting. Relapse happens. Hopefully for your friend's sake, he can get over this "bump" in the road.

    IloeRose
    that makes perfect sense, i know when i went threw wd mentaly i was completly ready and used that to fight cravings. he was vry upset mentaly and i think the fear if wd again was not helping cravings....his daughter is due to be born any day now and tonite we talked for a long time about that and how to use that as a driving force to stay clean.

  8. #8
    surfdog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Macon GA/Montana/Wyoming
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wwbiker832 View Post
    that makes perfect sense, i know when i went threw wd mentaly i was completly ready and used that to fight cravings. he was vry upset mentaly and i think the fear if wd again was not helping cravings....his daughter is due to be born any day now and tonite we talked for a long time about that and how to use that as a driving force to stay clean.
    Biker, if anything maybe an upset stomach for a day or two, that should be about the extent of it, if anything else mild enough to not cause problems and it would surprise me if there were any others. The danger is the thinking. New baby, cause to celebrate, I deserve this, you know the insane thought that can come. I f he goes to meetings he needs to get one as quick as possible, little or no wd can and will re enforce "I can handle this again" ,which could be his doom.
    The most important thing is he told someone. Please be careful here, make sure, damn sure "your well is full before drawing water from it to give to someone else,less you both go thirsty" God Bless Surfdog

  9. #9
    JayOmatic is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    Biker, if anything maybe an upset stomach for a day or two, that should be about the extent of it, if anything else mild enough to not cause problems and it would surprise me if there were any others. The danger is the thinking. New baby, cause to celebrate, I deserve this, you know the insane thought that can come. I f he goes to meetings he needs to get one as quick as possible, little or no wd can and will re enforce "I can handle this again" ,which could be his doom.
    The most important thing is he told someone. Please be careful here, make sure, damn sure "your well is full before drawing water from it to give to someone else,less you both go thirsty" God Bless Surfdog
    I recently was clean for 15 days...then my script was ready....I used them up in under 10 days. That was 90 5 mg oxycodone. The withdrawls were there some....but after 2 days were gone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22