Please help!
    Sadiejoe is offline New Member

Default Please help!

I've been addicted to percocets for 7 years! I had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and arthritis! I also had major surgery 7 years ago which is how it all got started! I'm not sure if the percocets are continuing the pain or if I actually have pain anymore. I keep taking them daily before I get the pain, at least that's what I'm telling myself. I've been lying to myself for a really long time! I really don't think I need the pills anymore but I continue to use them because they seem to give me energy or at least wake me up. My doctor says that's impossible but I swear, that's the only reason I take them anymore, to stay awake and have energy to do things! Of course that's not what I told my doctor! I did tell them I wanted off them but then I get real scared and tell them that I still have pain! I swear, I'm not a liar normally and I don't like myself anymore because of lying to myself and my doctor! Can someone please help me to get off of these things! I'm feeling desperate because I think the doctors are starting to become leery about these medicines and talk about alternatives. I'm afraid if they stop, I won't have the energy to get out of bed anymore! I own 2 businesses so that's not an option! Please help! I'm feeling desperate! Thank you so much for reading my post!

cryin out is offline Member

I am sure someone with some solid credibility will come along soon. I know that you might want to take a week off to giv eyourself time to detox and recover enough to emerge back to your businesses. There is a woman that has her own businesses that just detoxed in the need to talk forum, You might read her story as it could be encouraging to you