Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By ARTIST658
  • 2 Post By Haypress
Percocet, What's the big deal?
    kram59 is offline New Member

Default Percocet, What's the big deal?

I am a little confused. I have been taking Percocet for years and it works great. I must have a high tolerance to drugs as nothing off the self does anything. I wont waste my money buying any more over the counter medication. I think Percocet works like Celebrex is supposed to. I have used Celebrex and even everyone I’ve talked to says it’s completely worthless. I have the highest strength dose of Percocet and sometimes I take it with a "tody" No big deal. I would like to stop using only for one reason. I have no insurance and the money thing. But when I stop and have 5 days of withdrawals (which are just uncomfortable but no big deal) Diarrhea, sleeplessness, coughing, slight runny nose. Then I’m good to go. So I stop using it and say to myself, “Ok, feel normal, or feel achy painful” I am 59 years old and have worked like a bull for over 40 years. I hate to admit old man stuff is bumming me out. Man, to be 28 again. lol I get 120 tabs a month and usually use too many and run out. But then I just wait till the month is over and get a new prescription. I asked the doctor if it will hurt my kidneys or any other damage. He says it wont if your not super abusing them. I read some peoples comments and you would think they were strung out on >>>>>> or something. To me, Percocet is like taking Tylenol or something equivalent. I guess since people are made of chemicals we all respond differently. I just think over and over, ok what's the point of medication if it does nothing? What is wrong with feeling “normal”? I’ve had 7 operations in the last 5 years. Nothing major but the two most painful were both rotator cuff’s Also have sciatica nerve complications. Livable but painful and annoying. Really no point to my comments just throwing out my two cents.
    Actually, this is the first time I have ever joined and made a comment on a forum. Except for God, nothing is real, just opinion
    Last edited by kram59; 03-04-2012 at 11:34 AM.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kram59 View Post
    I am a little confused. I have been taking Percocet for years and it works great. I must have a high tolerance to drugs as nothing off the self does anything. I wont waste my money buying any more over the counter medication. I think Percocet works like Celebrex is supposed to. I have used Celebrex and even everyone I’ve talked to says it’s completely worthless. I have the highest strength dose of Percocet and sometimes I take it with a "tody" No big deal. I would like to stop using only for one reason. I have no insurance and the money thing. But when I stop and have 5 days of withdrawals (which are just uncomfortable but no big deal) Diarrhea, sleeplessness, coughing, slight runny nose. Then I’m good to go. So I stop using it and say to myself, “Ok, feel normal, or feel achy painful” I am 59 years old and have worked like a bull for over 40 years. I hate to admit old man stuff is bumming me out. Man, to be 28 again. lol I get 120 tabs a month and usually use too many and run out. But then I just wait till the month is over and get a new prescription. I asked the doctor if it will hurt my kidneys or any other damage. He says it wont if your not super abusing them. I read some peoples comments and you would think they were strung out on >>>>>> or something. To me, Percocet is like taking Tylenol or something equivalent. I guess since people are made of chemicals we all respond differently. I just think over and over, ok what's the point of medication if it does nothing? What is wrong with feeling “normal”? I’ve had 7 operations in the last 5 years. Nothing major but the two most painful were both rotator cuff’s Also have sciatica nerve complications. Livable but painful and annoying. Really no point to my comments just throwing out my two cents.
    Actually, this is the first time I have ever joined and made a comment on a forum. Except for God, nothing is real, just opinion

I'm curious to know why you posted here, if percocet is "no big deal" to you. You are taking more than prescribed, and feeling withdrawals when you stop - and these are clear signs of tolerance and dependency. Yes, this IS affecting your kidneys, and I can't imagine any doctor saying it's ok because, "you're not super abusing them." Also, this is not feeling "normal" - you are taking a potent opiate narcotic, and the way you feel after taking it is not at all "normal." You just can't see what it's doing to scramble your brain chemistry.

If the percocet (@ 120/month) is making you feel "normal," then that's cause for alarm. Your body has adjusted to the opiate to the extent that NOT having it feels abnormal. The seratonin and dopamine in your brain is not being properly utlized, as the opiates have taken their place. This is what happens along the course toward addiction. Addicts don't generally "feel" the effects of 1 or 2 pills, due to high tolerance. But that does NOT mean it isn't dramatically affecting their entire body. They just aren't getting the "high" any longer. It takes more and more to get that "high" - and NOT having the drug produces symptoms.

This specific forum is for "pain killer addiction." Folks come here with a problem or an addiction to pain meds and seeking help to stop. Why would you come to THIS forum to post how you perceive that percocet is no big deal. Clearly, it's a big deal to a lot of folks - especially those who come here, seeking help. You trying to minimize it doesn't help anyone coming here. if anything, it may leave them thinking, "Well, maybe it's ok to be addicted, since it's working for this guy." I can't see how that helps anyone.

If you're happy living the way you're living, then so be it. But why the need to post HERE - of all places???

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

Haypress is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kram59 View Post
    Lol, my friends, if this isn't denial, then I don't know what is. I could back up my statement, but I really don't feel I need too. Then please go on feeling as you quote "normal." We on here are looking for comfort, confidence and support from similar like addictions to live a life pill free. I don't mean to sound brash, but all your post does is mock others, I'm just throwing back the 2 cents you left. Thanks for stopping bye though.
    Certifried and DamnataAnimus like this.

kram59 is offline New Member

You are right. I shouldn't have posted this here. My bad. Wasn't my intent to offend anyone. I tryed to delete it but couldn't figure out how to do it.