Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Percocet Addiction/Withdrawl
    Ambitionn is offline Member

Default Percocet Addiction/Withdrawl

Hi everyone, I'm 20 years old and I'm addicted to Percocet (10mg/325mg). I started out taking them just because my friend gave me one and after that I was hooked. It gave me confidence and made me feel better. I've been hooked on them for about a year and a half, I've always been in denial when it came to addiction. I always said, "No that's not me, I can stop today if I wanted" YEA RIGHT! I tried stopping and I did for about 2 weeks. Then I had a couple and now I'm back full throttle. Doing about 5 a day and really want to stop. My last one I took was yesterday at 1:00 PM. I started feeling the symptoms last night after my body wasn't getting any more. I started getting the shakes and was really tired and didn't want to do much. I live at home with my parents and they have NO CLUE! I really want to get better for them and really have the mind set to do so. I just need help with the withdrawals. How long will this go on for? Is there anyway to make it less painful, while doing it at home? I'm in deep and want to get out of this whole. Someone help and please respond, you don't know how much it would mean.

Thanks.

Also, I've never moved up the chain. I've never done a blue (Roxy, 30mg) or a oxy80.

I've stayed with perch 10's this entire time, I won't go get a blue to get rid of the pain. I just want to be normal and live my life the way I should. I look back on my life and think I was blessed and just want that back. I've deleted all the drug dealers numbers out of my phone so I can't call them for more. I'm seriously trying and want out of this world. I want reality and I want to feel emotion and life again. Please help.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Welcome to this board , Glads to here you want off the pills. You will really save yourself a lot of pain and misery to get off now at your age. There are people on here Robert 365 and pattishan that can give info on tapers that seem, to be relatively painless.
    The one vital piece of info I can give you is you cannot do this for anyone other than yourself. The whole concept of recovery is paradoxial. By being powerless I gain the power of choice, By being selfish and putting recovery first I become selfless and have something to give to others, other than a doped up perspective. Put your recovery first above everything except your God. And remember you are dealing with a disease not a flaw of character, or a weakness. A very complex and complicated disease I would also recomend NA or one of the other 12 step programs. The support they can give is invaluable. You know man if it did not get better there would not be anyone sober.
    Please post often and keep us informed. The people here are genuine, sopportive , knowledgeable, and most important they really care.
    let us here from you
    Surfdog

Cool

Morning Ambition. What you want is very possible and probable stay committed, stay hungry for reality. I am not nearly as knowledgeable on the tapers as others so I shall refrain from issue as others can help you there more than I can. I can offer support and encouragement in others and will certainly do so.
    Hang in there if I and others can do this you certainly can we believe in you and tou sincererity to accomplish this anything I can do more than willing to help

Surfdog:

Hey Surfdog, thank you from replying to my post. I'm still clean and trying hard. I'm going through the withdrawals and i'm fighting it. It's hard to eat because these pills ???? up my stomach and it's hard. I've eaten vitamins, yogurts, bananas, and apples and also drinking water. I'm trying to eat healthy through this process to maybe ease the pain and make it go quicker. I know this is a life process and I'm willing to take the challenge. I have a whole life ahead of me and I want to live that life off these pills! Surfdog I need someone to help me through and check in and if your that person than I highly appreciate you trying to help me if you can.

Thanks

I have work at 4:00pm-9:00pm and am really not in the mood to go. I realize that's because of the pills and have to deal with it. I know everyday will be better and if I give in i'll have to do this process again so I really do feel like I have the mindset. It's the withdrawals that are hurting and it's weird not to have that sense of comfort from the pill but everyday it will get better and better thats what I keep telling myself. I'm really glad I found this forum because talking about it really helps me through this process.

I'm going to get ready for work and try my best to go through it. I'll check in after work. I can do this.

Ambition

Also another question I have is, is going Cold Turkey a bad idea? Will anything happen to me if I don't tamper of these? I really don't want to try for them again because I know tampering won't help me and it will get me back on them so I feel like Cold Turkey is the one way for me. What do you guys think?

ainteasy is offline Junior Member

Hey dude, stay with it.. at your age, quitting will be KEY to saving yourself a LOT of hurt

I've been thru withdrawal probably over 200 times with everything from vicodin to percocet to methadone, tramadol... you name it.. if it's an opiate, I was taking it. I started taking this evil s!@t at around age 23 due to a root canal. My dentist gave me vicodin and from that point on, i knew that was my drug of choice. I was never into drugs before that and like you, i thought "i can stop any time" It's SOOOOO hard though.. Believe me, the tylenol in these pills is far worse than anything else. Fast forward 10 years... I am now age 34 and have problems because of years of pill usage. I have anxiety issues mixed with mental things like OCD and just not being able to sit still. Things that were NEVER an issue before. I've been to doctors and most of them say that the years of tylenol use (not necessarily the hydrocodone or oxycodone) but the tylenol use is what has caused these issues. I have cut down tremendously over the last 4 years but it took everything I had. I even used Kratom for awhile to get me off the pills.. I dont really recommend kratom (not an opiate but acts as one and is legal) because you can become addicted to that, it really helped me get used to not taking so many pills. Trust me, stop NOW while yer young because every year you DON'T stop just gets harder and harder when you try to stop later. Even now at age 34, I still crave the feeling but have learned a few tools over the years. E-mail me anytime you want at bblanco77@gmail.com. I'll talk to ya if you want. I have a lot of good advice and a LOT of experience in this area. Hang in there

Hey checking in on my phone from work right now, work is hard. Its not like it used to be with the pills, it would fly by. But, i realize this is the way life is suppose to be. Thank you ainteasy for replying on my thread, it means alot to me to see everyone caring so much. I cant wait to go home and try to relax, hopefully the jitters wont piss me off too much. Also I was just wondering, i know every addiction is bad and is hard to overcome but, in my case, was I bad? Like the amount i was doing, was I doing alot? Or is this a minor case to some sort , even though its a big case in my eyes I was just wondering.

5 pills a day? very minor when compared to a lot of people out there who are also addicted to opiates. Not to say you weren't really addicted because make no mistake.. at 5 pills a day (10mg) you can still very easily get hooked and have withdrawals that feel like hell. On the scale though? it's pretty low.. I have friends who were taking 40 of those 10mg ones a day!! You see what i'm saying? For years, I only took about 6 norco's a day (10mg vicodin) and that was all I ever did but when I stopped, i got really sick and went thru hellish withdrawals yet I had no idea what withdrawling from more than that felt like until years later. It's a road you do NOT want to go down. I would for sure say that you are on the very low end of things but again, make no mistake.. addiction is addiction and none of it's good

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitionn View Post
    Hey checking in on my phone from work right now, work is hard. Its not like it used to be with the pills, it would fly by. But, i realize this is the way life is suppose to be. Thank you ainteasy for replying on my thread, it means alot to me to see everyone caring so much. I cant wait to go home and try to relax, hopefully the jitters wont piss me off too much. Also I was just wondering, i know every addiction is bad and is hard to overcome but, in my case, was I bad? Like the amount i was doing, was I doing alot? Or is this a minor case to some sort , even though its a big case in my eyes I was just wondering.

LOL I know exactly what you mean with the work going by fast when you were on pills.. It's because you are having fun and nothing else matters. It gets better though the longer you are off of them.. You kinda go back to normal afterwhile and you forget that the day, work etc. is going by so slowly. I know how it is though in those first few weeks or even months... it seems like time goes by SOOOOO slowly and NOTHING is fun.. trust me, that changes... and the longer you stay ON pills, the longer it takes for that "normalcy" to return when you stop taking them. You almost have to learn how to "relive" life again soberly. Your brain is so used to doing things high that everytime you want to do something that you used to enjoy, you feel like you need to be high.. trust me i know how it is.. I'm still trying to get used to watching movies sober.. it's really tough because that used to be my thing.. I would come home, pop a few norcos and throw on the latest movie that I had been wanting to see. That was my "escape" I would also drink a lot of redbulls when I was high. That's one thing u need to watch out. Cut out your caffeine intake if you currently drink caffeine.. It'll make things all bad. Your diet tends to get really bad while taking pills as well because when you are high, you usually just eat anything that tastes really good to you which usually involves a lot of preservatives and total junk food.. This is something that really snuk up on me.. Over the years i was pill popping, I found that i just started eating ????.. and that was one of the things that years later has caused a lot of issues. I changed my diet completely about a year ago.. went gluten and dairy free and i only eat things w OUT preservatives and a ton of raw veggies.. my life has gotten SOOO much better from this alone.. Diet is KEY to recovering from addiction.. Just remember that and remember that I have a LOT of advice and tips. Hit me up

Ainteasy your helpin me alot right now. Your naming all the things that relate to me. Im glad to hear im on a low dosage compared to certain people but, this is still hell and really want to be normal. I miss life. Ive losty good friend bc of these pills and once im off these i look to try to become friends again and look to have that fun relationship again. Life is about how one reacts to tough obstacles and these couple days, weeks, months, etc will determine who I am.

Haypress is offline Junior Member

Default Question

Anmbittion, how long we're you using the Perc 10's for since you went full throttle? Did you use 50mg everyday or have days you would use more / less?
    Last edited by Haypress; 02-28-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Hey Haypress, ive been back full throttle for about 3 or 4 months. I usually will take 5, sometimes 4, rarely 6. As you can see by the time that im posting this is that the sleeping isnt really working out. Tossing and turning, one second im hot the next im cold. Tonights been a real struggle for me, still clean though! Im hoping tomorrow is better and hopefully I will be too.

Hey guys, checking in today is Day 3 or technically at 1:00 pm is day 3 but, I'm pretty much counting right now as Day 3. I feel a little better than yesterday, still not great but, I keep telling myself everyday will get better. I have class at 11:00 AM. I am in college and I would normally take a percocet for almost every class so it's going to be a challenge to sit there for the whole time patiently waiting but, everyone else seems to do it so why can't i!? I'm striving for this hard. I didn't get much sleep last night but, I don't feel so tired like I did yesterday which is a plus. Also, Wednesday is my day off from work which is great so today I can really focus and try to do things to keep my mind of it instead of working. I work at my father's pizzeria and I'm on my feet all day long. I know people say to get as much exercise as you can but, it's hard to stay on my feet for now but, maybe today I'll take a walk around the block or something like that. I woke up rather early today around 8:30 when I was planning on waking up at 10:00. So instead of fighting the shakes and jitters and trying to go back to sleep, I got up and took a hot shower and then soaked in a hot bath for a little with Epsom Salt. I don't know if the Epsom Salt really works but, it says it helps with body aches etc. so I'm giving it a try. I had a bowl of cereal (Kix), a pretty healthy cereal and also my daily vitamins. So started the morning of good, let's see how Day 3 is!

Default Keep trucking

Man, you are nearly in the same boat as me, I been doing norcos for roughly 2 years. Only in the last 4 months has it become an everyday thing, roughly 30-70mg a day. I want to quit too, is this your only addiction? It hit me when I was introduced to these little blue pills you mentioned, I've only been using them 6 days, 1 30mg pill a day on top of my norco use. Actually gave my girlfriend the rest to hold onto, those things are a-d-d-I-c-t-I-n-g. Time for us to take control. Read my post and you'll get an idea I'm close to where you are.

So from what I can tell you are roughly 40 hours into it from your last post? How did sleep go last night after your 3:45am post? You are doing great my man. In your next post give me a breakdown of all your symptoms, if you don't mind that is. I cant imagine it will be easy but you don't know how much I'd appreciate it. Completely understand If you don't want too.

Have you got everything for the Thomas recipe? I went out last night and grabbed everything myself, remember you are an inspiration man.

When I was 20 and living at home I had a serious cocaine addiction and abused alcohol incessantly. It sucks to hurt your parents and not live to their standards, I can empathize with you bro. Unfortunately I'm 27 now and have learned to hide my addictions so well, I live a life of lies and feel like I'm trapped in a closet. Nobody knows the extent of my addiction and nobody has the slightest clue. I'm here if you need anything bro.

Keep posting!

Yeah, it'll DEFINITELY get better... just gotta give it like 5 days.. Day 6 always seemed to my magic number as it just gets a tiny bit better every day. You'll be cool as long as you can stay off em. Remember, even taking 1 can set things back days!! Just remember that 1 is always too much and 1000 is never enough Take this advice... the actual hard part is AFTER you withdrawal. You wouldn't think so but that's the part when you feel great and it's very EASY to relapse so because you feel great, it's a lot harder to say NO.

Hey guys checking in it's about exactly 48 hours from my last percocet and I'm on day 3 technically right now. I'm feeling very uncomfortable in class and in general. I find myself moving around often and can't seem to find that comfort zone, which the perc gave me. I understand these are the withdrawals. I'm fighting this. I also have a very close friend who is going through the same process as me. He is on day 6 he says which is great and i'm happy for him.

Haypress, we seem almost identical. Hiding everything from everyone and living a lie. Everyone has no idea what's going on and it's tough because the me that was on percocets (social, happy, outgoing, confident, fun, etc.) Now, I'm miserable and alone and aren't the same and my parents are starting to ask questions. Nothing related to drug addiction but, just asking the normal parenting questions as in, "what's wrong?" "You don't seem yourself, you want to talk about something?" I just wish I could come out and say it to them! But, that's truly not an option. I can't. Right now I'm sitting at school waiting for my next class at 2:00. I really just want to go home and skip this class. Also, I didn't get much sleep last night. A lot of tossing and turning and jitters kept me up. That's probably the worst part of the day for me. During the day (now), is hard but I can fight this easy and don't have a problem just going through the motions. I don't have much life in me right now, I feel dead and weak but, I was a little better than yesterday so that's a plus! I'm trying extremely hard to do this and I can't thank you guys enough for helping me through this process. Talking about this really helps me and makes me feel better.

Sitting here waiting is very hard. I'm constantly changing temperatures. One second I'm hot and the next i'm cold. Very hard to stay in the same spot for a long period of time. I'm continuously moving around and twitching. Day 3 is hurting folks! I don't have work today like I said before and I'm happy about that. I'm looking to go to class at 2:00-3:15 and then going to go home and soak in another hot bath with Epsom Salt. After that, I don't know what I should do. I was going to go for a walk but, I live in Northern New Jersey and it's snowing right now and isn't a good day for walking lol. I look around at people laughing and enjoying life and I want that. I'm sitting here in so much pain caused by ME. I'm the only one who can get myself better. Just wanted to get more stuff out there about how I'm feeling and would love a reply.

Staying Strong!

I'm listening to a lot of music hoping to keep my mind of everything. It's helping a little bit. I'm into old music such as The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Aerosmith, Nirvana, etc. for a 20 year old that's past my time but, I love music! lol I'm love listening to their inspiring words in their songs and it helps me to get motivated. I'm sorry for the posting so much but, I'm the kind of person who needs to get everything off my chest.

Checking in again. Went to class at 2:00 and left class early just because I couldn't handle the jitters while in class. Got home and took a nice hot bath to relax and calm me down and it really does help. It gives me a sense of comfort. It's 4:00 on day 3 and it's almost completed. I'm going to hang out with my friend at 5:30 hopefully it will keep my mind off everything and have that moment of life and happiness even if it's for 1 second. I'm doing my best and not giving in but, right now I don't know what to do to stay active? Lay around? Watch a movie? Maybe I'll try a movie.

I'll be on my laptop so replies will be nice!

Hi Guys checking in again. So today is practically over and another day clean! I hope sleeping is going to be better tonight but, i feel jittery and can kind of tell tonight is going to be hard. I'm going to try my hardest to sleep but, if i really can't should I fight it? Should I keep trying to sleep or should I just stay awake and maybe do something? Then maybe with exhaustion I will pass out? Just some questions I had in my head to help me out. Today was hard but, I felt pretty good at the same time. I hung out with my friend and it helped a lot. I've told him everything and he knows my whole situation. He's a real good friend and I can't thank him enough for sticking with me. He has no idea how much it means to me. It's a very emotional roller coaster for me but, I'm fighting it and I know it will get better. I'm in it to win it and I'm going to get clean and live my life. I'm making that promise to myself right now.

Stick it out my man, I'm running to dinner but will post to keep you motivated in a bit

Hey Haypress, thanks for checking in. Wish you could of stopped by after dinner but, its ok. Once again its 4:00AM and cant sleep with these jitters. Im excited for what Day 4 is going to bring me but also scared at the same time. Also, im very constipated, is this normal? I read most people have diarehha and i cant go to save my life! Its getting frustrating with no sleep and what not but im staying strong!

Hey everyone, checkin in again early morning today. I feel a little better, not getting much sleep and still have the jitters but im hopin they subside soon. Today is Day 4! Im happy im here and i want to get over this hump! I know it takes time and im puttin it the work! Im in class right now and in the morning i feel pretty good but as the day goes on it gets worse. The jitters are really the only w/d symptoms im getting, theyre evil! Really frustrating but its ok they will pass! Im constipated and dont know why. After class im goin to talk a walk the long way to my car to get some exercise and maybe sweat it out a little and maybe if i still have the energy i will do some pushups when i get home.

Staying strong! Day 4!

Hey Ambitionn, Man if you are day 4 you are going to make it! Sorry I haven't been back on but Dr appointments and other things have kept me out of pocket lately.
    Man I am willing to do any thing I can to help, Been through wd on opiates before didn't die but at times thought death would have been more comfortable. Keep posting listen to those that post here we really want to see people get better.

If it didn't get better I sure as hell wouldn't be sober today but after 23 of sobriety it was worth it albeit I would not want to go through it again. I became dependent on hydrocodone while being treated for an injury while on active duty. Now that is after being sober for about 18 years. The Docs kept writing Rx and I kept taking them, as with any opiate, tolerance went up requiring more coupled with the tolerance for alcohol,more and more were required. There is cross tolerance with drugs in the same class such as sedative hypnotics. Running out of meds and going through what you have and worse waiting for the stuff to come in the mail. Docs put me on suboxone to treat the pain and get off hydrocodone. Now off suboxone, thank God!
    I know what you are going through is miserable but it is temporaly it will end.Life gets so much better not having to worry about if you have enough pills, where to get them, the expense. You have your whole life ahead of you, Go for it man anything I can I am more than willing. God bless and hang in there Surfdog

Hey everyone, checkin in again early morning today. I feel a little better, not getting much sleep and still have the jitters but im hopin they subside soon. Today is Day 4! Im happy im here and i want to get over this hump! I know it takes time and im puttin it the work! Im in class right now and in the morning i feel pretty good but as the day goes on it gets worse. The jitters are really the only w/d symptoms im getting, theyre evil! Really frustrating but its ok they will pass! Im constipated and dont know why. After class im goin to talk a walk the long way to my car to get some exercise and maybe sweat it out a little and maybe if i still have the energy i will do some pushups when i get home.

Staying strong! Day 4!
    Opiates are a central nervous system depressant, thus depressing or slowing down the bodily processes that will pass. A word of caution be very very careful of any alcohol use, I would suggest staying away completely, being addicted to opiates it is very possible you would be subject to becoming addicted to alcohol. I am not telling anyone not to drink just be aware and understand the risk, which is great. If you happen to have any genetic predisposition that would playing with fire

Hang in there you are doing great!!!!!! God Bless Surfdog

Hey surf dog, thanks for checking back in with me, it means a lot. I'm feeling a lil better on Day 4 even though I didn't get much sleep last night. I'm fighting this like their is no tomorrow! I'm going to achieve this, I'm going to get my life back. This weekend is the test for me. I have work today 4:00-9:00PM and then Friday and Saturday 11:00AM-9:00PM. It's going to be a long couple of days for me but, thankfully I feel like the worst is behind me right now or I'm in it right now. Day 5 will be tomorrow so I'm hoping it will be easy to work. BUt, I'm thinking about today not tomorrow. I'm trying to get energy again. I went for a walk this morning and it did help a lot. My symptoms for right now are jitters and can't sleep. That's really it. Also I'm constipated. Not to sound gross but, feel like I have to tell the truth and be honest so I can get the right advice needed. So, that being said, when I feel like I have to go to the bathroom I go and right away it goes away. If I do go to the bathroom it comes out like pebbles (I know it's disgusting! but, I feel like i have to say it to make it better because obviously thats not how it should be happening!) Should I try fiber bars? I know they cleanse your system but, when I had one the other day all it made me do was fart! (Sorry once again for the disturbing posts) Any advice/help would be great right now! Day 4 ahead of me!

Ambition to stay clean >
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-01-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Hey surf dog, thanks for checking back in with me, it means a lot. I'm feeling a lil better on Day 4 even though I didn't get much sleep last night. I'm fighting this like their is no tomorrow! I'm going to achieve this, I'm going to get my life back. This weekend is the test for me. I have work today 4:00-9:00PM and then Friday and Saturday 11:00AM-9:00PM. It's going to be a long couple of days for me but, thankfully I feel like the worst is behind me right now or I'm in it right now. Day 5 will be tomorrow so I'm hoping it will be easy to work. BUt, I'm thinking about today not tomorrow. I'm trying to get energy again. I went for a walk this morning and it did help a lot. My symptoms for right now are jitters and can't sleep. That's really it. Also I'm constipated. Not to sound gross but, feel like I have to tell the truth and be honest so I can get the right advice needed. So, that being said, when I feel like I have to go to the bathroom I go and right away it goes away. If I do go to the bathroom it's like rabbit ????s and comes out like pebbles (I know it's disgusting! but, I feel like i have to say it to make it better because obviously thats not how it should be happening!) Should I try fiber bars? I know they cleanse your system but, when I had one the other day all it made me do was fart! (Sorry once again for the disturbing posts) Any advice/help would be great right now! Day 4 ahead of me!

Ambition to stay clean >
    That is one of those things that will pass.God I hated hearing that at the begininng LOL. But it will pass. You might want to try a stool softener. The worst of the wd is behind you. Now the part about staying clean begins. The one thing I have found to be true over the years is, forget the pain and one is on their way back out there. Remember just how miserable things have been, how badly you have felt, and please remember I am not talking about guilt, and how good things are getting to be. Old playmates and playgrounds have to change. That is a must! If you are going to any 12 step meetings be aware that just because someone is in a meeting does not necessarily mean they are getting better. Big difference in quanatity of sobriety and quality of sobriety. Listen for the quality it will show.
    Stay busy, find a hobby , volenteer, but stay busy, this does help.
    The danger is that I am feeling better, things are getting good we tend to forget the misery. The subtle ques can kick off chemical reactions in the brain that we are not aware of and we are back out there and asking ourselves "how did this happen" The one thing I can promise is you will get back a 1000 times what you invest in this process. It is not easy but worth the effort.
    I am pulling for you, and have faith that you can do this hang in there Godd Bless Surfdog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast