Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Omg!
    l0st s0u1 is offline Junior Member

Default Omg!

I'm on day 2&1/2 of stopping the Roxicette(sp) 30mg I was taking. Was on it for a year, and was taking 120mg a day for the last 6-7 months of that time. I feel horrible! Like I'm on deaths door! How much longer am I going to feel like this? Please....I don't know how much more I can take!

I don't want to give in but I'm not sure how much more of this I can take! I've been looking around here for remedies to help ease the process, but it seems only sitting in a hot bath does any good at all. My friend told me 8 days and maybe up to two weeks!?? Is this right?

Wwbiker832 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by l0st s0u1 View Post
    I'm on day 2&1/2 of stopping the Roxicette(sp) 30mg I was taking. Was on it for a year, and was taking 120mg a day for the last 6-7 months of that time. I feel horrible! Like I'm on deaths door! How much longer am I going to feel like this? Please....I don't know how much more I can take!
    you sound just like me a few months ago! same stuff same amount of time except my dailey dose was higher. by the fith day i was coming out of it and all the major wd symptons were gone but it took about 13 days to feel completely normal and have normal sleep etc... the first 5 days are the hardest and your half way done with that! hang in there! try to go for a walk it will be really hard at first but push threw it and you will feel better! excerise, well walking worked wonders for me! i would walk 2-4 miles a day and it really does help. hang in there it will be worth it in the end!!
    GOLDA55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wwbiker832 View Post
    you sound just like me a few months ago! same stuff same amount of time except my dailey dose was higher. by the fith day i was coming out of it and all the major wd symptons were gone but it took about 13 days to feel completely normal and have normal sleep etc... the first 5 days are the hardest and your half way done with that! hang in there! try to go for a walk it will be really hard at first but push threw it and you will feel better! excerise, well walking worked wonders for me! i would walk 2-4 miles a day and it really does help. hang in there it will be worth it in the end!!
    Thanks man. My biggest thing is sleep. I hurt so bad sleeping is impossible. My friend said to take xanex.....but I'm thinking I don't need any more pills in my life .....right?

Thanks man. My biggest thing is sleep. I hurt so bad sleeping is impossible. My friend said to take xanex.....but I'm thinking I don't need any more pills in my life .....right?
    i took valium the first few nites to try and sleep it didnt do much, also google the thomas recipe, basically if you try to xanax you dont wanna get hooked on that!! benedryl worked good to help me sleep and ease some of the symptons, everybody is diffrent but for me sleep was always the last to come back completely normal. trying to stay busy will help with your sleep if you lay around all day on couch or bed it makes it hard to sleep. drink lots of water and sports drinks try to eat three good meals, google thomas recipe very help full, its here on the site somewere too

also i would take 600-800mg of ibeprofen a day that helps alot with pain can cramps, trust me your almost past the worste part then it will do nothing but get better everyday
    Last edited by Wwbiker832; 11-29-2011 at 10:08 PM.

also i would take 600-800mg of ibeprofen a day that helps alot with pain can cramps, trust me your almost past the worste part then it will do nothing but get better everyday
    Thank so much brother! You have at the least given me the hope and will to go a few more days..... And at the most given me my life back! Thank you so much man!

Thank so much brother! You have at the least given me the hope and will to go a few more days..... And at the most given me my life back! Thank you so much man!
    your welcome man, glad i could help. just power threw these next few days and very soon you will start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and you will start getting back to yourself and fell better then you ever did while on the pills, ive been right there were you are, now just stay strong (which i know is hard) but im telling you it will be worth it in the end, those things take your soul, you are alot better off then most of these people wich have been on them for years!! so you are in a way getting of easier then most. just think as the sickness of wd is the chemicals leaving your body the worse it gets the better you willl be and the sooner, most wd peak at 48 to 72 hours so your all down hill from here man!!

your welcome man, glad i could help. just power threw these next few days and very soon you will start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and you will start getting back to yourself and fell better then you ever did while on the pills, ive been right there were you are, now just stay strong (which i know is hard) but im telling you it will be worth it in the end, those things take your soul, you are alot better off then most of these people wich have been on them for years!! so you are in a way getting of easier then most. just think as the sickness of wd is the chemicals leaving your body the worse it gets the better you willl be and the sooner, most wd peak at 48 to 72 hours so your all down hill from here man!!
    Thank you man, I will never forget your help and kindness!

SomeDay is offline Member

Sounds like this is your first withdrawal. As difficult as it may seem, you have the best chance for success right now, this first time. You already made it this far. DO NOT give in now. A few more days and you should be feeling better.

I have been going back and forth for about 5 years, probably 50 different withdrawals. This has been a viscious cycle that I wouldn't wish on anybody. Take my advice and quit now. Get on with your life. Read up on these boards, but don't let them consume you.

I also used to take Xanax, but then began abusing them also. Now if I take one while detoxing, I feel like absolute ???? the next day, and physically worse. Your sleep should progressively get better within these next couple days. Good luck.

Well my wd's got really bad last night....really bad. But somehow by the grace of god I fell a sleep around 3 am and just woke up about 15 minutes ago ....and Omg I feel much better today! Still some aches and pains but nothing like the last few days. The hot and cold flashes seem to have gone away.....could it be I'm almost healed?????

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

trust me there is hope and a big bright light at the end of this hellish tunnel your in. We have ALL been where you are at, and 2 1/2 days is a really excellent start when it comes to getting that poison out of your body. Its scary to think of it, but that is what we are putting in our bodies, poison, or why else would our bodies and mind go so horrible when we stop using. dont worry about tomorrow just promise yourself you wont use for today. those slow ass days will add up to .......sobriety. Just hang in there. I know for me journaling helped, especially after I started feeling better, I would look at how terrible I was and that would just reinforce my desire and need to stsy sober. Good luck to yuo and post often.

Guess I was a little to eager . I have been up a couple hours now.....starting feel pretty bad again.....but I think this will be my last day of the worst of it. So I'm staying positive. Still not as bad as yesterday all in all.... So I just pray I can sleep tonight. Feel even better tomorrow! Wish me luck.
    GOLDA55 and crystalgazing like this.

timo37821 is offline Junior Member

May I ask a question sense this topic is steered toward pain. What is the deal with my shoulders? It's every night I go to bed at 11:00 P.M And if I do sleep or NOT get up at 6:00P.M.. I have absolutely no pain at all in them until I lie down for the night...Then after about 15 min they drive me crazy. Like the crazy legs but its my shoulders....

WalkThroughTheFire is offline New Member

Guess I was a little to eager . I have been up a couple hours now.....starting feel pretty bad again.....but I think this will be my last day of the worst of it. So I'm staying positive. Still not as bad as yesterday all in all.... So I just pray I can sleep tonight. Feel even better tomorrow! Wish me luck.
    Hi Lost Soul,

Hang in there. Understand that this is temporary. The mental anguish and the physical pains have an end date. I read a good analogy somewhere on these boards, "you're giving birth to a new you, so consider these labor pains."

I was hooked for 5-6 months pretty heavy. Then on Christmas I quit cold turkey because I saw how it was ruining my life. My god, it was a hellish week. I then relapsed and was hooked for 7-8 weeks, but this time I went to my doctor. I was too ashamed to go the last time, and they were completely supportive. They put me on clonodine, which took almost all withdrawal symptoms away, then a heavy type of Valium/Attivan that makes you dead to the world. It really helps when trying to sleep. But I only used that for the first 3-4 days, then didn't need it any longer. Then the Immodium for the runs, it takes away almost all stomach pains/cramps.

If you're still gonna stick with this cold turkey and on your own, make sure you drink a lot and get something in your system (again, Immodium will be your best friend), and make sure you talk with someone if you're ever thinking of relapsing. You're so close! It's so amazing how, after you're over the pain, how new everything seems.

Your friend,
    Zach

I was actually ae to sleep again just now waking up. Feeling better again. I feel I'm through the worst of the physical pain... But now it seems all of the ???? that I lied about while addicted to that ???? is all flooding in my brain now....I feel sad and depressed about it. Sux!

WalkThroughTheFire is offline New Member

I was actually ae to sleep again just now waking up. Feeling better again. I feel I'm through the worst of the physical pain... But now it seems all of the ???? that I lied about while addicted to that ???? is all flooding in my brain now....I feel sad and depressed about it. Sux!
    Hey darlin,

Just understand that that part is very normal. To feel guilty, ashamed, etc. of whatever was done. I've been there, too. I lied to my soul mate. Lied to my family and friends. Came up with the craziest ways to get the pills, even disappearing from work.

You're gonna have these rainy days. Now that the "real you" is coming out, you're going to have memories of this "other you" doing terrible things. Understand that you were not yourself. Most importantly, don't beat yourself up over this just now. There'll be time to reflect. You need to stay POSITIVE! Remember, you're moving forward.

Have you told any friends or family what you're going through? If not, you really should tell someone. Someone you need the most. You need someone to talk to and to spill on to. I was so ashamed to tell anyone, but I had no choice but to tell my partner, and then I considered telling my mom, which I was nervous over. I didn't want my mom to see me as weak or her proud son as an addict, but I did. I told her and it felt so good. Then I told my closest friends, and instead of judging, they formed a circle around me to just keep me positive and feeling safe while I healed. I really hope you have someone like that you can speak with. If not, this board is still a good alternative. While I was healing I read so many posts on this board.

Bottom line - watch some comedies, write a journal, write about your new life. Don't focus on the negative just yet. Give yourself some more healing time before you tackle another wound. I know you may not be able to control it, but if you do feel guilt and shame, just try to tell yourself that wasn't you, and that you'll deal with "that person" in time. The best way to win is to be completely free of the addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkThroughTheFire View Post
    Hey darlin,

Just understand that that part is very normal. To feel guilty, ashamed, etc. of whatever was done. I've been there, too. I lied to my soul mate. Lied to my family and friends. Came up with the craziest ways to get the pills, even disappearing from work.

You're gonna have these rainy days. Now that the "real you" is coming out, you're going to have memories of this "other you" doing terrible things. Understand that you were not yourself. Most importantly, don't beat yourself up over this just now. There'll be time to reflect. You need to stay POSITIVE! Remember, you're moving forward.

Have you told any friends or family what you're going through? If not, you really should tell someone. Someone you need the most. You need someone to talk to and to spill on to. I was so ashamed to tell anyone, but I had no choice but to tell my partner, and then I considered telling my mom, which I was nervous over. I didn't want my mom to see me as weak or her proud son as an addict, but I did. I told her and it felt so good. Then I told my closest friends, and instead of judging, they formed a circle around me to just keep me positive and feeling safe while I healed. I really hope you have someone like that you can speak with. If not, this board is still a good alternative. While I was healing I read so many posts on this board.

Bottom line - watch some comedies, write a journal, write about your new life. Don't focus on the negative just yet. Give yourself some more healing time before you tackle another wound. I know you may not be able to control it, but if you do feel guilt and shame, just try to tell yourself that wasn't you, and that you'll deal with "that person" in time. The best way to win is to be completely free of the addiction.
    Thanks, I plan talking to my wife tonight. She did know I was taking the pills/oxy. I just want to come clean with her on everything. I think she will appreciate the honesty and it will be a weight off my shoulders. So I will do this tonight.

Well, RLS was horribly bad las night! I feel even better today though. Pains in legs,hips, and knees almost completely gone. I think its almost over. I pray for everyone on this board and also the many that are lurking. You can stop! Today! I'm not going to lie and say it is easy....but it is worth it! Get your life and family back!

Also thanks to everyone on this board. You guys are great support and without this site....I would still be using!
    Last edited by l0st s0u1; 12-01-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    crystalgazing likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timo37821 View Post
    May I ask a question sense this topic is steered toward pain. What is the deal with my shoulders? It's every night I go to bed at 11:00 P.M And if I do sleep or NOT get up at 6:00P.M.. I have absolutely no pain at all in them until I lie down for the night...Then after about 15 min they drive me crazy. Like the crazy legs but its my shoulders....
    I get this ,of all places, under my ARM...my armpit area. Drives me insane. Sends a pain right to my stomach. If you find answers...let me know. Haha.

Well, RLS was horribly bad las night! I feel even better today though. Pains in legs,hips, and knees almost completely gone. I think its almost over. I pray for everyone on this board and also the many that are lurking. You can stop! Today! I'm not going to lie and say it is easy....but it is worth it! Get your life and family back!

Also thanks to everyone on this board. You guys are great support and without this site....I would still be using!
    glad to hear your doing better!!!!!!!!!

glad to hear your doing better!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you biker! Off to try and get.some.sleep now.

Feeling much better now. Can actually far around good and pretty clear headed. For some reason I had 0 stomach problems,as far the runs and throwing up, but it hit me last night hard! Been hitting the immodium(sp) pretty good and it is helping tremendously. Another sober day in the books....yay me!

timo37821 is offline Junior Member

Well Lost , I didn't Get the arm answer . But at day 6 it stopped.. Thank god. My be just different for everyone. I didn't get the RLS so much as the R arms S .. We may have opened up a totally new symptom LoL. But I'm glad ( atleast I hope) it's gone.

We are close to one another in our clean time. Could you post on your over all physical and physiological states. If you don't mind i would like to compare them to mine. I'm proud of you and saw your posts as they were in line with mine on a time table of stopping. So i have read them all. We have this! Keep up the good fight!!

Hey Timo.... Hope you are well. I feel pretty good all in all. I still do feel the fx of it though. Just feel weighted down, like sluggish. I find I'm going through peaks and valleys....but none near as bad as the first 4-5 days though! My main thing is sleep....looks like biker nailed it when he said sleep was last to come back. I bet I haven't had more than 6-7 hours of sleep in the past 3 days. It's taking a real toll on me. I want sleep! Haha....

Hey folks, just stopping in to say hello. I hope you are all well. Still clean so far....but man the urge has been hitting me hard the last couple days. I just keep fighting it off.....but its hard sometimes. Anyways, you guys have a great Christmas and stay clean!

Hey Lost....I just read your thread for the first time. Congrats to you! I am on Day 12!! And just wanted to add....I get RLS in my arms too!!! Mines mostly in my elbows and hands! I HATE IT! I've never heard of anyone else getting it in their arms. Armpits must suck

But I'm sure you're past that! Here's to never again!

Just wanted to wish you guys a clean&sober New Year.....have a great 2012 folks!
    GOLDA55 likes this.

nobby02 is offline Member

Yes, I get restless arms, my Doc. doesn't believe me but I do. I get RLS in all my limbs.

korbon is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by nobby02 View Post
    Yes, I get restless arms, my Doc. doesn't believe me but I do. I get RLS in all my limbs.
    I get the restless arms thing too while trying to wean myself off Suboxone. It seems to effect my arms more than my legs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast