Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iloerose
norco detox. 30 hrs in.
    Mercury77 is offline New Member

Default norco detox. 30 hrs in.

Hello all, I've been down this road a couple of times but always slid back before the withdrawal symptoms got really bad. I take from 6 to 8 norco daily over the past 4 years now. I think 4 years. the time seems to keep slipping away so fast. I used to be able to use for weeks at a time and stop for weeks at a time with no issues. I'm sure I had some symptoms but didn't realize it. Back in December of 2011 I quit for months and it was pretty easy. I want to stop for good this time and I've taken steps preparing for this. I've skipped my doctor appts and erased a couple of numbers from my cell and I've let my wife know that these pain pills are killing me and its not worth the minor neck issues I don't even remember having. Any way I decided to taper and then said screw it lets' jump off and tossed my pills out the window on my way home from work thursday evening. so tonight i'll hit 48 hrs. I really want back on the other side. I miss the old me. I used to ride my bike or run often, I was in great shape. I played and listened to so much music. I don't even care about music or movies anymore and that is soo not me. Anyway, I thought I could use some support here outside of my wife. I'll be checking in time to time to update my status. so far it's been easier than I thought

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Check in often. You might want to keep in mind that NA, AA, are good choices. Dang it's so easy to just pick up a pill and say: Just one won't hurt, and then it's 2 or 3 or whatever. I know you can get rid of this demon. And I'm sure you noticed that "quitting" is the easy part, staying clean is the hard part. Go get 'em. Get your ducks in a row: Gatorade is good for cramping and stay hydrated. You will get the old you back! Just wiser! LOL Hang Tough.

Iloerose

I woke up every 2 to 3 hours last night. just a lot of aches. chronic yawing and sneezing. I get chills every ten minutes it seems. No vomiting. I've never vomited while detoxing. I'm ready to get this day over with and start getting back to normal. One of the oddest things it I've started to cry at any movie I watch. it's crazy. Even some songs I listen to I'll start to well up. I've got imodium, plenty of gatorade and some bananas.

I'm having a hard time getting comfortable. I'm having hot and cold flashes. My wife is at work and i'm home with my 3 year old daughter. I've had spongebob on all day via netflix. I told her that daddy is sick and she understands. I feel so bad. I'm going to try and take her to my parents and visit with them. I need to get outta here for a bit. it's been over two days. I can't wait until this time next week. I'm so desperate to get thru this tunnel and get to the otherside of my life

shawn156 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury77 View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting comfortable. I'm having hot and cold flashes. My wife is at work and i'm home with my 3 year old daughter. I've had spongebob on all day via netflix. I told her that daddy is sick and she understands. I feel so bad. I'm going to try and take her to my parents and visit with them. I need to get outta here for a bit. it's been over two days. I can't wait until this time next week. I'm so desperate to get thru this tunnel and get to the otherside of my life
    Sounds like you are doing great and hope you continue on.It's hard for a few days and then things start to get better. I tried to stop last week,but I was in so much pain I had to start back on them. It's a seasonal thing for me.I can go 6 months without when it is warm here and then as soon as it gets cold,I have to go back on them so I detox every 6 months or so. I was off for a few days and didn't have the w/ds I expected,and I am watching how many I take so I don't get addicted to the point I am sick for a few days. I am doing ok being on them and I would love to just stop taking them for good,but my body won't allow it.
    Keep posting and get some hot baths in there to help out with pain.

Well, I thought I might try and go to work today but I decided to take a personal day. Hell, that's what they're for, right? I slept a few hours at a time thanks to my trusty muscle relaxers, I'd be screwed without them. today is day four and the cloud has lifted a bit. I can actually get comfy for a couple of hours and enjoy an episode of House or MadMen. Today my daughter is at daycare and my wife is at school, so I'm home on the couch for one more day and then tomorrow I will face the real world clean. I have to admit I expected worse but I doubled my doses of imodium and I think that has taken the edge off tremendously. I still can't believe the crying I do at watching TV shows, it's embarrassing. Reading the threads on this sight has helped a lot.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Are you feeling any better? Yeah, muscle relaxers help for that pesky RLS, so does gatorade and hyland's restful leg. You are on the way to a clean world! I remember when I got clean, I cried at every stupid thing, I couldn't seem to stop myself: but that's a good thing because you're getting your emotions back! You get to experience love, joy, happiness, sadness, all of it. And now your kids get hang out with a CLEAN dad. And your wife gets a CLEAN guy that she can be proud of! And you can be proud of YOU!

Peace,

Iloerose
    shawn156 likes this.

Ruff 12 hr shift. sweat alot today. chills that would never come, anyone else get those? Taking two muscle relaxers and hitting the sack. getting stronger though.