Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Ann Payne RN
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 4 Post By Robert_325
!!!!!need help with tramadol please!!!!!!!
    sbray83 is offline New Member

Default !!!!!need help with tramadol please!!!!!!!

hi im steve i have been taking tramadol for 7/8 months now for back pain i am currently taking 2x50mg tabs 5 times a day at least on occasion recently i have been taking 3x50mg i have recently realised that i am addicted to tramadol the amounts i am taking are not really doing much for me now im just taking them because i have to when they start to wear off i get these horrid shock like feelings. i am also taking pregablin 150mg 3 times a day venlafaxin 150mg once a day and zopiclone 7.5mg although i have been taking 2 of these at night to try and sleep. the problem i have is that i forgot to do a repeat perscription over the easter holidays so i have tapered down my dose as best i can over the last few days and last night took my last 100mg. so far i have been feeling pretty rough the shocks are with me all the time and i feel very on edge and anxious, i suffer from bad anxiety and panic attacks and depression hence all the other meds, and am really not looking forward to whats to come i guess i really want to ask you all is what can i expect to have to deal with and is there anything i can do to help myself??? i have thinking about getting hold of some weed to see if that will take the edge off, even if i want to give up and take the tramadol again i have got to wait 3 days for my perscription to be done.

any help would be great
    cheers
    steve

Ann Payne RN is offline New Member

Steve if you can please read my post on Tramadol withdrawel! I am a Nurse who also became addicted to Tramadol! The worse thing you can do is replace one addiction with another so please do not resort to weed!The Detox for Tramadol is the same as for any opiate.I am NOT an MD and what I am about to offer is not to be construed as "prescription". You MUST discuss this advice with a Medical or Substance Abuse Doctor and make him or her AWARE of any and all medications prescribed,over the counter, or even "illegal" before you try it! This is an "acceptable opiate withdrawel protocol in SOME DETOX Facilities PRESCRIBED by DOCTORS. Do this ONLY if approved and prescribed by your MD. After taking your LAST dose of Tramadol Seroquel 25mg can be taken 1 or 2 every 6 to 8 hrs for ANXIETY associated with withdrawal. You must be able to monitor or have someone monitor your blood pressure. If your blood pressure gets higher than 140/90 if you do not have underlying hypertension and this elevation is due strictly to withdrawal Clonodine 1mg tabs 1/4 to 1mg every 8 hrs NEVER taken with a lower B/P as you may faint! If you have ever had seizures or there is a possibility of seizure the Neurontin 100 to 300mg every 8 hrs. for the aches and pains associated with withdrawel. (Neurontin needs to build up so if you take this you MUST take the amount prescribed for it to work!) ALWAYS start with the lesser doses and increase ONLY if neccessary! ONLY do this with MD approval and note that depending on INDIVIDUAL condition doses may be smaller or slightly greater. This chemical withdrawal "protocol" is intended for a 3 to 7 day DETOX period ONLY and must not extend any longer than recommended by your MD. But if you do this you will be able to SAFELY withdraw.This does NOT mean complete absence of withdrawal discomfort. But it WILL significantly dimminish it.After detox you MUST address the underlying reason for the abuse. Physical pain or emotional and LEARN ways to address and deal with such. If you have a Counselo r Great. If not keep a journal for your eyes only of course of how what you are feeling when the need arises.One day at a time is a great motto, But ONE MINUTE at a time is BETTER! Break any discomfort into small segments of time ie in Panick or GREAT PAIN seconds or minutes, then...15 minute segments....30 minute segments etc etc always return to your last SUCCESSFUL segment if you only managed one minute and now your discomfort is back go back to one minute, or 15 or 30.Seconds become minutes,then 15,then half hours, hours become days, then weeks,then months and yes then years!!!You may not be able to manage a day or 3 but you CAN manage a second, then a minute etc etc.... Best of Luck to you!! Ann Payne
    Eriam likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Steve ..... if you're stopping tramadol cold you should also add depakote to your meds. Talk with your dr but seizures are a good possibility coming off 500mg daily for almost a year. In my experience there is nothing wrong with the neurontin, but the depakote is a better medication, they can even be taken together. Your dr would prescribe a depakote dose based on your weight so you should talk with the dr about this. You should also have someone around you while you do this if it's not done in a controlled environment. Nothing worse than seizing and you're the only one present. Hope that helps. Realize this post is a few weeks old and hope you're done, but just in case you're not! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-29-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Ann Payne RN likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

r3m
    r3m is offline New Member

Take my advice, or leave it. The first 3 days are the peak of the withdrawal. Up until the 3rd day is the worst. But it gets better from there! You can do it you can survive you WILL NOT DIE.

Ways to feel better:
    -Take hot bath all the time! ???? be in the bathtub the majority of the day, if you have a hot tub great!
    -Drink lots of water. LOTS LOTS LOTS LOTS even if you don't feel like drinking it. It's going to clean out your system and make you feel better.
    -Eat healthy. TRUST ME! take Vitamines.
    -Listen to lots of music, watch lots of movies

You will be alright dude you can kick this. I was addicted to tramadol for 3 years. I been clean since then and I will never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Remixe_2000 View Post
    depakote? wow thats a new one. Get something for the ????s and you will be fine. Withdrawal from percocet is like 10 worse. I took tramadol for a year and all I had was diaherria for a week.

So you KNOW this person is in no danger of seizures coming off a high dose of trams? Do you want to accept personal responsibility for that side effect especially if it happens while they are alone or driving and someone ends up dead? I don't really care if depakote is a new one for you or not. You've been here a few days and I bet that I've done this a few more times than you. Go ahead and tell people they don't need any anti-seizure meds coming off trams. Shows how little you know what you're talking about. Don't give advice here if you're ignorant.

W/D from percocet is a different detox than trams for your info. No one dies or has seizures from a few percs, you feel sick a few days. Trams is a totally different story at high doses. Were you on over 500mg of tramadol a day for an extended time period? You lucked out if you were and stopped abruptly with no seizures. Learn what you're talking about before advising people here. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Remixe_2000 is offline New Member

depakote isn't prescribed for seizures anymore, it's barely prescribed for bi-polar anymore because of the side effects the drug is VERY old. That's why you tamper down from tramadol and fyi I saw a seizure caused by tramadol before. That was from someone trying to take 20x50mg at a time for a few days. I've taken 4x50mg 4 times a day for a year. Tramadol doesn't work on everyone, some take it for pain if it works, some take it for the high, I took it to get off percocet from having a plate put over my collar bone. It's a money making drug because it doesn't actually have any opuim in it. You have no idea what I do for a living. As regarding your own statement. "Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern."

Quote Originally Posted by Remixe_2000 View Post
    depakote isn't prescribed for seizures anymore, it's barely prescribed for bi-polar anymore because of the side effects the drug is VERY old. That's why you tamper down from tramadol and fyi I saw a seizure caused by tramadol before. That was from someone trying to take 20x50mg at a time for a few days. I've taken 4x50mg 4 times a day for a year. Tramadol doesn't work on everyone, some take it for pain if it works, some take it for the high, I took it to get off percocet from having a plate put over my collar bone. It's a money making drug because it doesn't actually have any opuim in it. You have no idea what I do for a living. As regarding your own statement. "Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern."

Bull dookey!!! I know drs that are Chiefs of Staff at more than one rehab facility and as of two weeks ago they were both prescribing depakote for preventing seizures. These are addictionologists, Psychiatrists, MDs, and I will go on their word over yours any day! I know drs all over the country that use depakote regularly for seizure prevention as well as for psychotic disorders.

I am not impressed by what you do for a living. You're an addict on a drug forum. I've had drs on here, RNs, attorneys, cops, teachers, name any profession and they've been here. Almost evey post you've written has been incorrect information. I don't have time to argue with some new person who's been here a day and thinks they are going to straighten out this forum. Go start your own if you know so much. I won't allow misinformation to be posted to the people here looking for help though, whether that info is from you or not!! God bless.

Remixe_2000 is offline New Member

Now I'm reporting you to your service provider for haressment.

Now what will I do?