Need encouragement and some advice. Percocet to help lortab withdrawls
    soundwave802002 is offline New Member

Default Need encouragement and some advice. Percocet to help lortab withdrawls

Hey guys. Been reading like crazy on here for the past couple hours. And just need some stuff directed at me. I have been taking Lortab 7.5s for about 2 yrs. I have 2 herniated disc in my back. But over the past 7 months I have started abusing. I take 3 Lortab at a time, 2 to 3 times daily. Took my last pill yesterday morning. And of course the withdrawal symptoms are kicking my butt. Im sick to death of taking these pills. God I love the high I get off them. But to have my every moment revolve around when my next hit is going to be is crazy. I have my own landscape company. And these withdrawals are keeping me from getting my work done. I have no energy, shaking, and can't concentrate.

I have some Percocet that I have not taken, in fear of what they would do to me. But can I use these to help taper off the Lortabs? I told my partner and he is willing to help me through this. I plan on giving him all the Percs and have him give them to me. And hopefully get me through this. Any advice would be appreciated. For me its back to reading more post. Thanks for taking time to read mine.

Sundwn is offline Member

Quite honestly man your not on a very high dose. But, wd,s are, wd,s and they are not fun anyway you look at it. I wish you could just ct this. Because it would be over in about 5 to 6 days. You can google the " Thomas recipe" and this would help you get through it. It calls for some Valium or Xanax and this will help with the anxiety and skin crawling. But you don't want to stay on it any longer than the wd,s last. Again 5 to 6 days. Days 3 and 4 are the worst. Day 5 you could be done. If this is not an option. Yes, you can ween off with the Percs. But Percs are oxychodone. Stronger than the loratabs. . Roughly you are taking about 60 to70 milligrams of opiate a day. 7.5 x 9 = 68 or there about. I would try to cut this to 20 mill of perc for several days 3 or 4. Then down to 10 for a few days. Then stop completely. Now that's just me and what I would do. I have never tapered. Ct is your best bet. Your dose is pretty low. Others will come on here who know more about taper than I do. So listen to a few others before you decide. I know you need to decide soon. And others will answer soon. Hang in here, you can do this. Keep checking.......sundwn

Thanks Brother. For the info. I would CT, but I am my business. Have a lawn and landscape service. And I am the only worker. So these withdrawals are keeping me from doing what I need to do to support my family. Even if today was the first day without any Lortab. If I could just make it to the weekend where I dont have any work to do, maybe I could go Ct. But from what I read it's gonna take 5-6 days. I have never taken a Percacet before. Sort of nervous to even take the first one. But I didnt sleep all night. I am exhausted. I still made myself go and cut grass today. I fought through and got the work done. But Im miserable. So maybe the Percacet is what I need to do and just try to taper. Sorry Im sort of erratic with this post. But im not thinking to clearly right now. Thanks for reading sundwn. Hope others will post and give me some advice.

Sundwn is offline Member

SW, YOU will get an answer here. But when I first posted someone directed me to post on " need to talk" where more people will see it. Do not want to confuse you. But you might want to re- post there. You can put a small header saying that you posted on " prescription drugs" but have moved here to " need to talk". what you are dealing with is small in comparison. Yea I know, it sure as hell doesn't feel like it and I understand that for sure. What I posted for taper , you can do. But I want you to get some feed- back from some others as well. I will keep looking in on you and hopefully some taper vets will jump in.........hang tough bro. Again, you can do this...sundwn

I'll weigh in as I have been there in your predicament before. Man; you need to work, you need to take care of your family and life first and foremost. If it takes taking something/Percs to get you thru the day of work then by all means follow that road BUT and a HUGE BUT, with the expressed knowledge that if you take More than You actually need to get thru the day then you are making it only worse on yourself. You can get yourself off of meds if you do it very Slowly and Intently. Taking a perc to hep you work is different than taking a Perc to FEEL GOOD. If you Honestly can say that You know the difference then I say go for it. But again; Take what You NEED, NOT What You WANT. You will be surprised at how little it will take to get you thru the day of work. Take Only what You NEED, there is a HUGE difference between NEED and WANT, I have said this 3 times and it is That Important !!!

I totaly get what you are saying. I only have 10 percs. So I am going to save them like my life depended on it. I did take one about an hour ago. And it seems to have helped some. They are only the 5s. I am going to beat this thing. But damn, you dont know what your into untill you start getting out of it. My partner is very supportive. But I feel ashamed and stupid to think I got this way on my own doings. And letting everyone down, including myself. Just hope I can sleep tonight. And Ill face whatever the day has for me when it comes. Thanks for the advice.

The easiest way to loose this battle is to get Down on yourself. Everyone and I mean Everyone needs help at some point in their life. You have already won the battle by admitting that you have a problem and then asking/looking for help. Now Let's Win the War by beating this thing completely. Focus on your task at hand, you can not take back what happened yesterday or the day before but You can take charge of today and how tomorrow will play out. Just focus on taking ONLY what You Need to work, like I said before you will be so surprised at how little it will take to get you thru the day. Break those tabs into halves, it is much much better to take smaller dosages than to take the big dosage once, take however much it takes to get thru the day, if it takes 2 halves or better only one half. And let it run, don't give in to temptation go as long as you can before taking something. You know the difference between a little bit unsettled and full-blown withdrawals. I am willing to bet that you cold get thru with just 1 half a tab a day, but listen everyone is different. Just know the difference of Need and Want. You will be so surprised at how little in fact it does take to get you thru the day. But by all means Do NOT beat yourself Up, that is a sure fire way to start loosing the battle and to start feeling worse. You can do all sorts of things to help, lots and lots of strong hot baths, not showers, but if you can a Jacuzzi tub, hot tub, sauna. Valerian Tea at bed time. Treat yourself at the end of the day with ice cream if it makes you feel better. All sorts of things that can help you kick this. Your partner will be a HUGE help, Thank Them for their support, do things to repay their help. treat them which will in turn make you feel better. Keep yourself busy, don't sit and brood or think negative thoughts. You can do this, and I said Y-O-U don't ever forget that ! Keep us informed of your Progress because we all want to hear how well you do tomorrow !