Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Catrina
Need advice on stopping.
    res0kkw is offline New Member

Default Need advice on stopping.

Ok i take hydro or oxycodone any where from 75 to 150 mgs a day been useing for over a year but at the rate i am now for a couple months ateast .

Ive Wd a few times only going 58 hours then caving in.Longest ive went was 7 days in january when my brother past.It was pretty rough then and i probably didnt use half as much as i do now.

I have most of the medicines immodium vitamins know i need to stay hydrated.

Im thinking of stopping cold turkey tom is there any sugestions that would help?I have access to getting what i want but honestly cant afford it and im tired of waking up every morning feeling like pooh and having cold chills and goose bumps.

I dunno if this matters but i snort them not proud of it but i need to stop asap.I dont have an option to goto a doctor i have to do it on my own at home with my Girlfriend.

Please any sugestion would help and be appreciated..

Anonymous Guest

Thumbs up

there are clinics you can go to that will help get you off the drugs. they will usually use methadone or suboxne. those drugs will help with the withdraws. then they will montor you and ween you off those drugs. going cold turkey is hard, that will probably take at least 3 or 4 days before you sart feeling half way good. look in the phone book or internet for the closest place to you. those drugs work very well. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth11 View Post
    there are clinics you can go to that will help get you off the drugs. they will usually use methadone or suboxne. those drugs will help with the withdraws. then they will montor you and ween you off those drugs. going cold turkey is hard, that will probably take at least 3 or 4 days before you sart feeling half way good. look in the phone book or internet for the closest place to you. those drugs work very well. good luck!
    I dont have the option those all cost money and i cant afford the medicine let alone the clinic wish that was an option .

I have no choice but to do cold turkey i just hope i can handle it come off 150 milgrams a day...I have a kolonipin i have perscription for i only take one a day when im supost to take 3 i guess ill be taking atleast 3 a day for the next few days.

Going to be so hard because the time goes so slow and no sleep.I have to be strong.Feel like im in a pitless hole

Catrina is offline Advanced Member

Hi,

The key word to get thru cold turkey is resolve and deciding to be stubborn. C/t is no picnic. I know, I've done it more times than I care to admit. Never stuck. In Jan 2010 I found this Forum and feeling so alone and angry with myself I decided that I was done! This Forum and the support I received from all the wonderful people here I truly believe is what has made this time (seemingly) a success story. Almost 2 yrs after 20 yrs of abuse. Oh, it was still hard but the more days I got through I found that I began to regain my self-respect and just dug my heels in and refused to listen to the part of my brain that to this day tells me that I can indulge, just once. After all, I had a bad day. The cliche of "one day at a time" is ingrained in my soul. I make that promise to myself everyday. One day is doable. I'll worry about tomorrow when it comes. I have alot of one days under my belt.

Aside from some of the things listed in the Thomas Recipe, my best friends during withdrawal were hot baths (lots of them) and 2 heating pads, one for each leg that helped a bit to relieve the RLS. The difficulty to sleep was the other troublesome issue for me but after the first couple of nights tossing and turning and crying just wanting a few hours of sleep, I decided to just not fight it. I still didn't sleep, mind you, I just refused to let it frustrate me. The first couple of days were impossible to have any amount of concentration so reading was not an option. I felt so badly that getting up and doing something wasn't something I was up to either. So, I'd find old movies that I'd seen before so that I wouldn't have to pay attention if I didn't want to. I found that I wasn't tired, I just wanted to escape my misery. Once I realized this was the case I just stopped tossing and turning. If that meant I had no sleep or an hour, well then that was what I would have. The first three days were the worst. By Day 4, I found that I could actually watch a movie to pass the time and the night would pass more quickly. By Day 5 or 6 most of my physical symptoms were gone but I had no energy or motivation and just getting out of bed was a task. Fortunately, I have a job and even thru the many years of drug abuse managed to maintain an excellent work ethic. That forced me to get up and get moving. Surprisingly, once showered and at work I did feel better. Bit by bit normal sleep patterns returned.

The rewards of getting clean and staying that way are endless. You will begin to regain your self respect and your bank account will actually have a balance! I guess this post doesn't give you any hints on making w/d a bit easier but I do hope that it will help you put your head in the right spot to get thru it. Staying in touch here and making friends will help you. Unload here. You'll get encouragement and meet some pretty amazing people. Get stubborn and kick the demon in the azz!

Good luck. I hope we hear alot from you. We care about you and will help however we can. Wrap your mind around what the other side of abusing is going to be for you. If you want it more than you want to be high, then you can and will do this.

Peace,

Cat
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahil Gibran (1883-1931).

I called a place and they said they help but only talking what the?Im thinken why pay someone to tell me what i already know.

Guess im going to try and tough it out pray for me....Never thought i would be in this situation i pray for all that have gotten them selves in the same place i am in or worst.

I appreciate your post Cat.

It does help mind you im on hyrdocodone tonight for one last night of well average sleep at best but it will be better then the next week i have ahead of me.

Ive turned with draws into some daunting beast i know its doable just very tough i have a GF that will take care of the dog and so on if i dont feel like doing it and i told her to push me to drink water or i wont do it .

I tend not to drink enough liquids as it is and ive been trying to drink plenty the past week i have immodium rdy for the morning i will be taking 3 the first time after i wake up in the morning.

My girl has tom off so she will be here to help tom tom will be bad im more worried about tom night and the next couple of days but im going to deal as that comes and not worry about it the rest of the night.

Going to have a few good hours with my gf then get some sleep and start my vitamin and b12 b6 and aleve in the morning and then if i have upset stomach tom night ill take phenergin that might help sleep doubt but ill try im pretty stubborn ill lay in the dark and sleep for ahwt seems like hours to only be a few minutes at a time but ill do that all night.

Only thing i wish i had was colondine to help with the hot flashes but no access so hot baths or showers will be taken alot of next few days...

Im going to make my best effort and i use to think after i got through wds i would do a pill here and there but i now relise i would just fall back in to the same trap thinken one more day one more day then your back into hell and i wont let that happen .

Not to mention having money i made 700 bucks this week spent it should of went to a suboxen clinic with it but thats just another trap to i just wish i would of did this be4 i spent the money but i had to spend the money in order to work so atleast im free untill saturday then i will have to force my self to do some stuff just hope i feel a tiny bit better by then.Thats only 4 days so im not counting on feeling good...

Sorry for going on just writing my feelings down.

Catrina is offline Advanced Member

Res,

That's one of the many good things about this Forum. It's a place to unload and take advantage of it. Nothing is too minimal if it's important or bothering you. I found that the fear of detoxing is what often keeps us using. Try not to worry about tomorrow or the next day or the next. Just get thru today. I promise, as time passes it gets easier. You just can't let the fear get the best of you or look too far into the future. The analogy I used once was that if I had to lose 100 pounds, I'd give up the diet before I started. If I set my goal at 5 pounds, I could handle that. This is much the same thing. Try not to count the hours. At first, tell yourself that you can get thru the next 30 minutes, then the next. Before long you will easily be able to promise yourself that you can get thru the day. I still take one day at a time because I KNOW I can do that.

Hope you have some rest tonight but if not, well then at least you're on your way. My thoughts will be with you tonight and tomorrow if I don't get the time to come and check on you. I will, though be back soon so keep us posted.

Peace,

Cat
    shybaybe2003 likes this.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahil Gibran (1883-1931).

Ill defently keep coming back to post how im feeling and how its going.

I will be able to sleep tongiht since ive done the hydro its going to be a tough road but im tired of wasting so much money and waking up feeling like poo.

I dont blame the people i got them off there just trying to make a living them selves all be it ilegal they did not force me to buy anything if anything i came to them asking up untill recently now they text me i have this and so on but for the most part they thought i was buying most ofem for someone else when it was mostly for me and a little for my gf.

I defently learned a lesson and im going to do like you said cat take a half hour at a time.Tom being day one i will make my self get out and walk since its the last nice day here for a while in Corydon and i know day 2 i wont want to move much.

Ill be doing my last one before i goto sleep and im saying good bye...

Im a hole 12 hours in i know thats nothing yet but its a start its first time ive went this long in a while.I dont feel to bad yet starting to but ive felt worst .I really do think staying hydrated and having vitamins do help some the real test will be sleeping tonight..

Ok im about at 48 hours i kind of just said screw it and did like 5 tens at once the other night....

Well considering ive been doing pretty damn good i actualy slep last night there is this natual stuff i think really helps it helps make more sertonin excuse spelling

Its HTP-5 you can get it at walmart for cheap.Plus energy energy bars and vitamins tyrsolen.

Considering my last withdraws on alot lower doses this has been a cake walk im wondering wth did i wait.

Im going to be honest do i think ill never do them again i dunno but i do know this i have no urge TO TAKE ANY i have some and i just dont want them.

I was able to get out of bed yesterday today i woke up feeling like walking dead i took all my stuff and felt well enough to move my aunt.

I actualy have 350 bucks in my wallet and not spending it on pills.Wich is the first time in months ive been broke.

So im going to splurge buy stuff for me for once instead of percs or hydro.Luckily i cant get opanan or i would probably take that because after useing that it made all those other meds look like tylenol even though it was i just felt so good.

My GF shes been taking a few but she has slowed down and now im cutting her off.

My back does hurt like hell but thats from wds and i get angry i did on the pills to i bring my gfs exes up to much i get pissed at her because well its complicated so i basicly will ignore her and she gets upset she allso has pcos wich makes it hard to have a baby and shes worried im going to leave her because of that.

Ive thought about it but dunno see ive lost hundred pounds look completly deferent and i actualy get some girls looking at me or saying im cute wich really gets her upset.It makes me feel good because i was at 265 for years and years and i i actualy weigh 160 now .

Sorry about that last part i was just thinken aloud maybe someone has been in the same situation...