Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By scarednalone
  • 1 Post By shawn156
My first 24 hours clean!!
    shawn156 is offline Member

Default My first 24 hours clean!!

I have been waiting on this day for a long time now. I used to take Vicodin and was really addicted to it.My last Dr appt I told him no more Vicodin put me on something weaker so I can get off the opiates. I was given Tylenol 3 with codeine. Yesterday,I decided it was time to jump off.I weaned myself to 2 pills a day and felt I was ready to make the jump. It's been roughly 30 hours without any T3's and I feel fine.W/D from codeine doesn't seem to be near as bad as it was with Vicodin or Oxy,both of which I have struggled with since 2006. I plan on trying to get out in the real world tomorrow and start living again opiate free.
    My girlfriend hasn't been as supportive with this as I was hoping since I have struggled since last year with trying to quit.This is my 4th detox in 7 months but my first with codeine and I feel I will make it this time. I feel a bit weird and very tired and worn out but I have been able to keep fluids going down and have been eating like I normally do.
    I really hope this is as bad as it gets and tomorrow and the days that follow I will be feeling better. I am not familiar with codeine w/ds and have read some websites on it and people ha a hard time with codeine and it kind of scared me but I am going to keep pushing to stay clean.
    I do have pills sitting in a bottle in front of me and I have not had a craving for them at all. I'll post soon and update here the next few days as to how I am doing with the detox.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Shawn, How are you doing? Get that bottle of pills away from you. You can do this. Tylenol 3's are under the radar of vics and definitely below oxys. So you should be able to do this if you don't cave into the pills sitting there. I'm not making light of any kind of opiate w/d. T3's are just as addicting as any other opiate. Get your mind straight and get out from under this now! Hang in there. Life gets better.

IloeRose

minivin is offline Member

Hey,hang in there Shawn,the days ahead will be so much better,and yes it would be nice if you had a little more support,but you can do this and you will be so much better off taking care of this issue now.I still have alot to go through myself,but i wish you the very best,please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.,have a great weekend! -Timmy-

scarednalone is offline Member

you can do this! i have literally no support besides in the forums and im on day 5 of oxy w/d and if i can do it i know u can ur strong u went through 24 hours with pills in front of u thats amazing... ur doing great! however i do agree with the previous poster get that bottle out of there flush em. i know i would of never been able to quit if i had pills in front of me.
    Comeback Kid likes this.

shawn156 is offline Member

Guess I should update
    I made it through and am off ALL opiates. Haven't had any and feel good.W/Ds didn't get bad at all and I suspect because I got to a lower dose and weaker opiate. This was the easiest way I could of done it. I ate everyday as normal and only lost 1 day of my life to the pills trying to get off. I worked all weekend as well without any trouble.
    I am having very minor pain but ibuprofen takes care of it.The mental part was what got me a little. Everything was a bit foggy for a few days but I'm back to normal. I like this so much better then having to take a pill to get by.
    Thanks for all the support and I really hope everyone who tries to get off the pills can do it. Life is so much better without them.
    Comeback Kid likes this.