• 1 Post By freedom11
  • 1 Post By cotsl
  • 2 Post By Jay44
  • 1 Post By staysober10
I Ran Out Today - Opiates
    April Valentine is offline New Member

Default I Ran Out Today - Opiates

Now what do I do?

I took Imodium & haven't been sweating. Just cold.

My last !/2 pill was yesterday am

Dr. on the 14th, will get oxycodone again, i think - my dr. makes me jump thru hoops. drug tests are humiliating. I've never failed one.

So, what do I do until then?

drink a lot of water?

i can not taper off. or

don't want to.

Funtimesahead471 is offline New Member

It's gonna be rough. I dont know how long you have been on them. But in my opinion if you can get threw until the 14th. Dont touch them again. You will be thru the withdrawals. But you asked for help until soooo, Immodium helps there are lots of vitamins you can take to help. Your not gonna wanna do much but to anyways, just getting up every 30 minutes and pickin the house up, then rest some more. Watch a movie. Just try and relax. I know it's hard. This is my second time threw detox and I am in day two. AGAIN!!!! Grrrr... If you are having pain take ibuprofen. Hot baths and showers do help. I try to use benadryl to help me sleep. I tried melatonin but it didn't help. I hope this helps in the littlest way.
    cotsl likes this.

yes, it helps a lot! what vitamins?

i did this before. it took me three weeks, because i was using a lot.

I've not had a break in years!

Thank you!
    Last edited by April Valentine; 12-06-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Anonymous Guest

you said you have to jump thru hoops. and that urine tests are humiliating. but you are obviously taking too much of your medication coz you run out that early, this is the only way the doctors can keep an eye on patients who are abusing their meds.

i would go with the suggestion, that if you can stay off till the 14th, then dont look back. its going to keep on happening again, and again, and again, and again....

aw. just read your comment ""i cant taper off. or i dont want to""

well there ya go then,. if you use too much, you are going to suffer every month. jeez why put yourself thru that. ??
    Bean222 and dougy like this.

freedom11 is offline Advanced Member

google the thomas recipe for supplements etc to help you through withdrawals. Love Jay xx
    cotsl likes this.

cotsl is offline New Member

How are you doing now?? I am in close 2 the same boat. How dare someone be on here and ask. WHY. that is the ultimate question, isn't it?? Are you back on or...
    April Valentine likes this.

Unhappy

my dr. cut me off. totally. so, I never got my prescription.

she gave me fentenyl patches, which i won't use.

i got more pills & run out tonight/tomarrow.

I'm so tired of many years in dr.'s ofc, drug store, ect.

I want to start the new year without opiates! i have to go through hell to get them, or pay a lot. & I can't afford it. & refuse to get from someone I despise.

Quote Originally Posted by cotsl View Post
    How are you doing now?? I am in close 2 the same boat. How dare someone be on here and ask. WHY. that is the ultimate question, isn't it?? Are you back on or...
    really. could it be because i'm posting in a prescription drug addiction thread, that I made? like, maybe I can't help it, as I'm an addict.

cheekysod is a troll, right? sod is a bad word in the U.K.

Jay44 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by April Valentine View Post
    really. could it be because i'm posting in a prescription drug addiction thread, that I made? like, maybe I can't help it, as I'm an addict.

cheekysod is a troll, right? sod is a bad word in the U.K.
    Hey April, Im a little confused why u are posting on here when most of the people here are trying to get clean & not scam their dr. I also would get tested by my dr & eventually got cut off bc if u dnt have the proper amount in your system they very well may assume u are going through them way to fast or are selling them. Are u going through a months scripit in two wks? I dnt think people are trying to put u down, I think most are probably concerned abt your well being on here. Remember, this forum is not for attacking people who are trying to do the right thing & get & stay clean.
    Bean222 and alleycat4714 like this.

NoMoreLies is offline Member

April,

Something similar happened to me on 12/13. I could not get my Percocet or Oxycontin filled until 12/16. I was very tempted to keep using, to "taper off". However, the day my meds got filled I gave them to my partner and she hid them. I have no clue where they are. I'm so glad I did it this way! I'm feeling so much better, more like my normal self. Everyday I feel better. Good luck to you!

staysober10 is offline Senior Member

Now what do I do?

I took Imodium & haven't been sweating. Just cold.

My last !/2 pill was yesterday am

Dr. on the 14th, will get oxycodone again, i think - my dr. makes me jump thru hoops. drug tests are humiliating. I've never failed one.

So, what do I do until then?

drink a lot of water?

i can not taper off. or

don't want to.
    AprilValentine,

I understand what you are going through. I have been an addict for over a year and a half now. These pills are no joke. Just because a doctor prescribes them for pain does not mean they are safe or not dangerous. What you are basically taking is >>>>>> made in a lab. Its just like >>>>>>, except you know exactly what you are getting because its made in a lab and not cut up by a dealer with stuff that is unknown.

I dont know why your doctor stopped prescribing you these pills but thats a blessing in disguise. But now you are getting them from the streets. Its in your best interest to stop now before this roller coaster ride really gets out of control. Your going to feel like poop for 4-5 days but thats a small price to pay to get your life back. I dont want to see the same post from you in a year and your shooting up >>>>>> because the person you usually get pills from isnt available. Because that is a very good possibility and that is how people start to do >>>>>> after pills.

Best of luck to you and I hope you make the right decision to stay sober.

- SS
    Jay44 likes this.

Default Update

In answer to why I suffer every month, it's because I'm an addict. & emotionally disturbed. & I'm not going to try to get more from a dr. - I know they will say no. or give me a small amount. Not worth the time/stress/effort.

I've been seeing a therapist who is helping me say no to opiates.
    Warned me that people wouldn't support/understand me.

Like, I was given some sample opiates, & I could not say no, they were already in my hand. Yes, I could have thrown them out. But I could not resist.

I had a script for 90 15mg oxy's a month for three years.

So, last night I took my last vicodin. I've been tapering off. i'm hoping to stay off for good. I'm getting too old for this. My body can't take it. I get so tired, lately.

I won't be getting another script & there are no other sources for me, as I am broke. I even had to quit cigs (good), but no money is awful!!!

thank you, everyone who responded! sorry, I was feeling really bad.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-21-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay44 View Post
    Hey April, Im a little confused why u are posting on here when most of the people here are trying to get clean & not scam their dr. I also would get tested by my dr & eventually got cut off bc if u dnt have the proper amount in your system they very well may assume u are going through them way to fast or are selling them. Are u going through a months scripit in two wks? I dnt think people are trying to put u down, I think most are probably concerned abt your well being on here. Remember, this forum is not for attacking people who are trying to do the right thing & get & stay clean.
    you mis understood me. I do want to be off opiates. It's been my whole life, for a long time.

Even though I'm being forced to quit, I still want to stay off them.
    It's hard to "just say no" when someone gives you some for free, aalthough, last time, I did say "no, thank you,".

There ARE no more dr.'s in my area that would give me opiates, as they are afraid of the DEA, they tell me.

I had very painful dental work done & got Motrin. I asked for sth stronger, as this dentist used to give me codeine a few years ago. He said no, because of the DEA.

I did exagerate my pain. to the point I manifested it. Now, I feel very little pain.

I still don't have ant w/d's & haven't had opiates in almost three days.

I've slept well, in a good mood, hungry for good food (raw veggies).& eating a lot more than usual, but I was under weight.

& I'm still constipated! what happened?

NoMoreLies is offline Member

April -

My w/d symptoms were not as horrible as I had imagined because I'd been forced to cut down the week prior to quitting because I was running out of meds. If you've been tapering or not using as much as normal that very well could be the case for you. I didn't have an appetite though, I had alot of stomach issues and couldn't sleep for weeks. Good luck to you!

dougy is offline Member

I still don't have ant w/d's & haven't had opiates in almost three days.

I've slept well, in a good mood, hungry for good food (raw veggies).& eating a lot more than usual, but I was under weight.

& I'm still constipated! what happened?

That is a little odd . After 3 days of not using you should really be feeling something. I used to go into w/ds after 7 to 8 hours sometimes.
    Usually the 3rd day after using is when it starts to ease up a little..
    I guess keep your fingers crossed and consider yourself lucky very very lucky.
    I really hope you don't feel anything.
    God Bless.

Anonymous Guest

p.s i aint a troll. if you bothered to read, i have been addicted for years so i know exactly how it is... i am clean for over a year tho, and no sod is not a bad word, its a cheeky term of endearment...

hope you are still doing ok. but i called you on your bs, thats all. trolls dont get to have over 3000 posts ok.... get real

donnalum is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cotsl View Post
    im not sure im doing this right to reply to u,,,i am not tech savvy in the least,,any way i am one person who understands so bad your problem,,,i to do it,,and i hate it,im starting a taper today so we will see,,i hope you get it figured out what your gonna do cause its the worst nightmare ive ever been in,,,good luck keep us posted