Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By veryscared
i just need a answer please, someone.. :(
    troubledguy83 is offline New Member

Default i just need a answer please, someone.. :(

hello. I am here because here because i am admitting defeat. medicines and others are ruining my life... I hope someone can give me a answer to help. I know this will be hard im sure... This will suck my life away for a while.. am 28 I have 2 kids and a wife a loving family but they think im perfect. i don't drink alcohol or smoke marijuana. Pills Pills Pills is all i think about. If i don't have a 2 roxie30 in my system i am just out of it.. I have a full time job i get depressed days drag. i feel empty like the most important part of me is missing I started with a 10 and that was not bad.. but now i i mix pain medicine. adderral 30mg even worse stuff. I NEVER IV though. I want to quit cold turkey or best thing i should do to make this fastest easiest way.

How long will this all last untill i get my life back..
    anything non narcotic i can take...
    best to eat.

I love my family i admit i have a problem. if i keep going this way i WILL not make it.

Please someone anyone help me... this is my nightmare i need to fix!

korbon is offline Member

Take hope. All is not lost...yet. You've been lucky enough not to screw up your marriage or job so far and realize the road you're headed down. Consider yourself lucky, but don't press your luck.

Just exactly what are these drugs you consider to be "worse stuff" that you're doing? You're going to have to come clean and be up front and honest about your habit before anybody here can really assist you in getting clean.

What do you think your wifes reaction would be if you told her you were doing pain pills? It's possible to taper off opiates and still manage but it's going to be tough if you don't have someone close you can confide in. And the obsession with pills is likely to stay with you a long time if you don't learn some coping mechanisms.

For right now, if it was me, I'd cut out all the drugs but the Roxys and somebody can fix you up a taper schedule to come off those gradually, Still, thats not going to fix the root of the problem. You.

Good luck, dude.
    Last edited by korbon; 02-04-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Kitten-NY is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by troubledguy83 View Post
    hello. I am here because here because i am admitting defeat. medicines and others are ruining my life... I hope someone can give me a answer to help. I know this will be hard im sure... This will suck my life away for a while.. am 28 I have 2 kids and a wife a loving family but they think im perfect. i don't drink alcohol or smoke marijuana. Pills Pills Pills is all i think about. If i don't have a 2 roxie30 in my system i am just out of it.. I have a full time job i get depressed days drag. i feel empty like the most important part of me is missing I started with a 10 and that was not bad.. but now i i mix pain medicine. adderral 30mg even worse stuff. I NEVER IV though. I want to quit cold turkey or best thing i should do to make this fastest easiest way.

How long will this all last untill i get my life back..
    anything non narcotic i can take...
    best to eat.

I love my family i admit i have a problem. if i keep going this way i WILL not make it.

Please someone anyone help me... this is my nightmare i need to fix!
    Drug addiction is a complex illness characterized by intense and, at times, uncontrollable drug craving, along with compulsive drug seeking and use that persist even in the face of devastating consequences. While the path to drug addiction begins with the voluntary act of taking drugs, over time a person's ability to choose not to do so becomes compromised, and seeking and consuming the drug becomes compulsive. This behavior results largely from the effects of prolonged drug exposure on brain functioning. Addiction is a brain disease that affects multiple brain circuits, including those involved in reward and motivation, learning and memory, and inhibitory control over behavior.

Because drug abuse and addiction have so many dimensions and disrupt so many aspects of an individual's life, treatment is not simple. Effective treatment programs typically incorporate many components, each directed to a particular aspect of the illness and its consequences. Addiction treatment must help the individual stop using drugs, maintain a drug-free lifestyle, and achieve productive functioning in the family, at work, and in society. Because addiction is typically a chronic disease, people cannot simply stop using drugs for a few days and be cured. Most patients require long-term or repeated episodes of care to achieve the ultimate goal of sustained abstinence and recovery of their lives.

veryscared is offline Junior Member

Sounds pretty similar to me! I have a wonderful husband and 3 awesome kids. At first it was nice to take my edge off and be in a great mood! (mother's little helper) Then a few months ago, I realized I was addicted. I couldn't function without them! (I took Vicodin) So I was trying to get scripts and buying them from people I knew. Now I have been off Vicodin for 13 days! I am still feeling bad though, because I took Tramadol around day 4, not realizing it was an opiate too! I thought It was just helping me get though withdrawals. Needless to say I ran out and now I am sick again! Day 3 now.

My advice to you is to just take as much time off of work as you can, get all pills out of the house and just STOP! That's the only way, to just get it over with! Stay strong and let us know your progress!

Good luck
    Izzn likes this.