Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shybaybe2003
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
I hate Tramadol!!!
    Funtimesahead471 is offline New Member

Unhappy I hate Tramadol!!!

I recently posted in the questions part of this site because I wasn't sure how to post on the forum, now I have figured it out. lol Ok I am in day two of detoxing off Tramadol for the second time. I was taking 500mgs a day. Dont ask me why this is the second time. In my opinion there shouldn't of been a first time let alone a second time. This is by far the most stupid part of my life. I have been married to drug abuser for ten years and for 8 of those years I never thought about touching any kind of drug. Then all the sudden on day I was like hey I think I will try some Hydrocodone. It was all over for me, I was in love. I know that may sound ridiculous but it made me feel just how I wanted to. Well I got a little carried away with that and just to let you know I never was prescribed these pills I did buy them illegally. Since then I have been prescribed them quit often because eventually I became a drug seeker. I live on the state line of oklahoma missouri and Kansas. So it was quit easy to find multiple places to get these with no one catching on. Well I decided to stop taking these and I switched to Tramadol to dull the detox of hydrocodone. WOW!!! Even worse. Tramadol is by far worse than Hydrocodone is for me. I quit cold turkey last month with the help from my mom. I left my family and went and stayed with her. I got threw it though, and a couple weeks later even though I was feeling fine and did not need them I started using again. I am back to where I was. The last time I took any tramadol was Sunday. I am on day two of detox and it doesn''t seem to be as bad as last time, probably because I haven't been using as long this time. I am not saying it's not horrible but I will survive. I dont know how I got here. My husband has never abused prescription drugs. So he wasn't helping me with my addiction, in fact he almost hates me for it, because many times my life has stopped because I was on a pill hunt and just couldn't do anything else until I found some. So needless to say he didn't know I relapsed, and I am in day two of detox and trying to hide it but I am doing a piss poor job, because my house is hidious. I haven't been able to get up and clean, I am just setting here. I have a 17 mom old to take care of and I am caring for him but that's about as far as it is going right now. I feel like a loser. I hate the depression and the anxiety that comes along with this. I could probably get through it a lot better if I didn't have those side effects. I can't sleep eithier. I am gonna get it kicked this time and not look back. I can't go through this anymore. I am tired of being dependent on a drug to make me feel like a normal person. I hate my life right now and feel like a failure, I do not want to tell my mom I relapsed eithier, she would be sad. She is a nurse, so she was very patient with me when I detoxed the first time. I love her so much for that. Is there anyone in the middle of detox right now?? I dont wanna be alone.

cotsl is offline New Member

Tramadol is non-narcotic, correct?? I don't get it...

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by cotsl View Post
    tramadol causes withdrawal just like any opiate. I dont even know why its not classified as a controlled substance. I think it has something to do with its antidepressant properties. But trust me its addicting and detoxing is bad.
    amberwish likes this.

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Funtimesahead471 View Post
    I recently posted in the questions part of this site because I wasn't sure how to post on the forum, now I have figured it out. lol Ok I am in day two of detoxing off Tramadol for the second time. I was taking 500mgs a day. Dont ask me why this is the second time. In my opinion there shouldn't of been a first time let alone a second time. This is by far the most stupid part of my life. I have been married to drug abuser for ten years and for 8 of those years I never thought about touching any kind of drug. Then all the sudden on day I was like hey I think I will try some Hydrocodone. It was all over for me, I was in love. I know that may sound ridiculous but it made me feel just how I wanted to. Well I got a little carried away with that and just to let you know I never was prescribed these pills I did buy them illegally. Since then I have been prescribed them quit often because eventually I became a drug seeker. I live on the state line of oklahoma missouri and Kansas. So it was quit easy to find multiple places to get these with no one catching on. Well I decided to stop taking these and I switched to Tramadol to dull the detox of hydrocodone. WOW!!! Even worse. Tramadol is by far worse than Hydrocodone is for me. I quit cold turkey last month with the help from my mom. I left my family and went and stayed with her. I got threw it though, and a couple weeks later even though I was feeling fine and did not need them I started using again. I am back to where I was. The last time I took any tramadol was Sunday. I am on day two of detox and it doesn''t seem to be as bad as last time, probably because I haven't been using as long this time. I am not saying it's not horrible but I will survive. I dont know how I got here. My husband has never abused prescription drugs. So he wasn't helping me with my addiction, in fact he almost hates me for it, because many times my life has stopped because I was on a pill hunt and just couldn't do anything else until I found some. So needless to say he didn't know I relapsed, and I am in day two of detox and trying to hide it but I am doing a piss poor job, because my house is hidious. I haven't been able to get up and clean, I am just setting here. I have a 17 mom old to take care of and I am caring for him but that's about as far as it is going right now. I feel like a loser. I hate the depression and the anxiety that comes along with this. I could probably get through it a lot better if I didn't have those side effects. I can't sleep eithier. I am gonna get it kicked this time and not look back. I can't go through this anymore. I am tired of being dependent on a drug to make me feel like a normal person. I hate my life right now and feel like a failure, I do not want to tell my mom I relapsed eithier, she would be sad. She is a nurse, so she was very patient with me when I detoxed the first time. I love her so much for that. Is there anyone in the middle of detox right now?? I dont wanna be alone.
    hey fun. I can feel your pain all the way in indiana. I too had experience with tramadol, among other pills. It does suck. I am not currently detoxing, i have been clean 8 months, But you have my full support. I know its seems hard right now but you will get through. There is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel waiting for you...its your LIFE.

amberwish is offline Member

Default Tramodol

Fun, I too know your pain. I took so many tramadol at one time it caused me to have a seizure. The worst part about that was it was in front of my son. Yes, my 9 yr old son watched me fall to the ground and go in to convulsions. He called 911 and watched as his mom was taken away in an ambulance. He will NEVER forget that day. Did that make me stop you ask......Nope! I still wasn't done with this hell I was living and putting my family through. So, I also know what its like to relapse. This is a disease that tells us we don't have a disease. I constantly believed the lie, always telling myself that this time its going to be different....."I can control it". This is called insanity! When we do the same thing that causes pain over and over again expecting different results. Keep at it Fun.......just know that the party is over with the tramadol.......If you have to stay clean for that beautiful 17 month old baby right now then do it for him/her. Just know that nothing is going to change unless you change. Dont let this disease win.......surrender to it and continue detoxing and get your life back.......you deserve it!
    Amber

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cotsl View Post
    plenty of people think tramadol is non-narcotic, cept the poor buggars who get addicted to it. coz then not only the opiod like withdrawls, you are also on ssri's as well. anti depressants.

so in some places it is not classed as an opiate, but a lot DO SAY IT IS...

anyway regardless of what its classified as, you know now its a hard thing to get off. i wish you all the best. just be careful, apparently you are at risk of having seizures from coming off cold turkey.

if you google the thomas recipe for opiate withdrawl, you can get some things to possibly help you through this time...

go hard mate, get off the darn things and never go back...

im clean a year now, off every opiate known to man, i used subs to get off methadone in the end.... and ive never looked back either. your energy will gradually return...

good luck...
    amberwish likes this.

Ultrapest is offline New Member

Default Addicted

I have been addicted to Tramadol since 2003. My addiction has gotten so bad that I take up to 1500 mg/ day just to be sane. I can not function without it. I ran out of pills several times and the withdrawal would get unbearing. It would get worse and worse until I couldn't take it any more.
    I was going through 200 tabs per week. I'm a person without one ounce of willpower, but I knew I had to do something. So, I decided to taper. I went from 30 tabs/ day to 27, 25, then abruptly to 20, then 15. I realized 15 was too soon, but I'm down to 20 tabs. Right after Christmas I'm dropping to 18. I hope tapering works! I just can't do cold turkey. I hate the suffering with withdrawal. Any advice? I'll check back in a day.

Nick