Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
How can I do this w/out too horrible withdrawl?
    want2bfreee is offline New Member

Default How can I do this w/out too horrible withdrawl?

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

There gets to be a point with pain meds where we become so addicted to them, that our resistance is so high, that if we go a few hours with no meds we go into w/d. This is very painful in itself, often more painful than the original problems were for which we are taking meds. The meds can cause us more pain than our medical problem.

The only way to tell what our true pain level is would be to eliminate the meds from our life for a time so that we can assess the pain we are truly in accurately. Then we truly know where we stand.

In your situation the only feasible way to do that would be using suboxone. Doing a cold turkey would drive you crazy with all you've been taking for so long. I've been doing this for years and have worked helping at least a thousand people get off opiates. If after you are clean for some time you determine you have a lifelong problem making you a true chronic pain patient then there are options like methadone with a fast acting med for breakthrough pain. But I believe you owe it yourself to make sure I'm wrong before you commit to a lifelong dependency to methadone. That is my best advice!

Here is a link to the process I use with subs. If you want my help let me know. My preference would be that the pain dr prescribe the subs and allow me to induct you on the subs here as they over prescribe the subs and I know how to do this properly. If you choose this route pay close attention to the INDUCTION section in the link below and the very small doses I induct people at successfully. Lots of sub drs will put you on 16mg, 24mg or more a day where I can do this and get you clean inducting you likely at 4mg or less making this a much shorter and more effective process for you. Let me know if I can help you. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    Bean222 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

want2bfreee is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by want2bfreee View Post
    [deleted - swearing]
    Sorry,I will re-write and watch my language, I didn't think, I was sort of emotionally vomitting. My apologies to forum mods/or any one I might have offended

toomajj is offline New Member

Default How are you doing?

I saw no more posts from you; just wondering how you're feeling? I was in your place about 8/9 days ago. I detoxed about 70% and feeling a little better today. It was painful week for me, and most of all fearful. But now I am happy I went through it. Hope you're doing well. YOU CAN DO IT.