Help quitting Oxycodone
    DaturaJane is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Help quitting Oxycodone

I am a single mother of a 5 month old and I want to quit taking my pain meds. I have been on 90-120 mgs a day of oxycodone for the last 5 months and I need to quit them as quickly as I can- I just don't WANT to be on them any more, it's driving me crazy! I can quit taking them but can't afford to be sick and the docs say they can taper me over months- that won't happen cause I have no self control. I don't want subs or methadone I just want to get off this before I have a serious issue on my hands.

DaturaJane is offline Junior Member

Also I should explain, I have gotten to the point where I take 10 mg every 2 hours- about 7 or 8 times a day, sometimes an extra 5 mgs in between when it isn't working. I am supposed to take 15 mgs every 3 hours but do not want to take that much at once because it's too strong that way. I am thinking I am just going to try to start taking 15 mgs 3x a day, every 6 hrs, at least to try and stabilize it so I can taper.

NoMoreOxy is online now Senior Member

Hello DaturaJane.

I'm in the process of quiting as well. I've been taking 60-80mg of Oxy a day for more than six months. This is not my first time getting clean and I can tell you after 3-4 days you will start to feel a lot better if you quit cold turkey.

I'm happy to do this with you if you like. I'm taking my last pill this morning. Have you ever heard of the Thomas Recipe for opiate WD? Thread here: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html This is what I'm using to get through the worst of it.

Treat the symptoms and you will be done before you know it.

Post often and use the forum for support. You can do this!!!

Good luck to you.

NMO