Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ARTIST658
Help with Hydro and Oxy addiction
    kyleag89 is offline New Member

Default Help with Hydro and Oxy addiction

Ok so I have been taking Vicodin or Percocet for over a year now. At first it the pills were EASY and CHEAP to get so I started abusing them. (60-120mgs a day) They are becoming harder to get now and more expensive and I can't afford it. I have started weening off I'm down to 20mgs a day. My problem is I seem to have different withdrawls than most people. I have the usual body aches and BAD headaches but I have no problem sleeping.. In fact all I can do is sleep! I can't hold a job because I can't get out of bed without at least 10mgs of Oxy or 20mgs of hydro. I find myself laying in bed thinking about pills and how many things I can do when I have them. When I was sober and didn't take pills I was always lethargic (my whole life) and I didn't accomplish much. Any help??? I don't know what to do I am broke and can't afford a clinic and I am getting really depressed.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyleag89 View Post
    Ok so I have been taking Vicodin or Percocet for over a year now. At first it the pills were EASY and CHEAP to get so I started abusing them. (60-120mgs a day) They are becoming harder to get now and more expensive and I can't afford it. I have started weening off I'm down to 20mgs a day. My problem is I seem to have different withdrawls than most people. I have the usual body aches and BAD headaches but I have no problem sleeping.. In fact all I can do is sleep! I can't hold a job because I can't get out of bed without at least 10mgs of Oxy or 20mgs of hydro. I find myself laying in bed thinking about pills and how many things I can do when I have them. When I was sober and didn't take pills I was always lethargic (my whole life) and I didn't accomplish much. Any help??? I don't know what to do I am broke and can't afford a clinic and I am getting really depressed.
    I have run into a number of folks who have the same problem of needing extreme sleep, when detoxing off opiates. Generally, if you allow yourself "permission" to just sleep as long as you want - like over a weekend - that phase does pass in a few days. It may mean sleeping all day and night - but that does subside. As long as you don't pick up a single pill during that time (which would 're-set' the detox), a few days seems to do the trick.

Also - depression is very common when withdrawing from opiates. Again, this will pass. The reduced dosage you're taking is probably prolonging your symptoms at this point. You've done well to reduce to a lower dose, but if you want to relieve the sleep and depression issues, you need to stop completely.
    jujubes likes this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

res0kkw is offline New Member

Go buy HTP5 at local walmart its all natural.

It helps boost seronin levels sorry about spelling but it made my withdraws a cake walk compared to last ones i went through.

Be4 that i would have severe withdraws dont get me wrong back still ached a bit but aleve really helped but i really didnt have hot flashes like in the past so yea i swear buy please try it and let me know if it helped you as much as it did me.Its really cheap to

kyleag89 is offline New Member

Thanks for the great info!! Can you give me a little more detail on the HTP5? Is it a vitamin or powder supplement? Thanks