Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By patches60
  • 2 Post By zabko
  • 1 Post By iloerose
  • 2 Post By zabko
  • 3 Post By mokey101
  • 1 Post By iloerose
Help! hour 56 opiod withdrawl
  1. #1
    mokey101 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default Help! hour 56 opiod withdrawl

    Background- I have been on and off vicodin, percocet, tramadol for the last 5 years from 2 car accidents and 3 surgeries and back pain. Once I realized how much I got done and happy I was (at first) I was taking them like candy. I tried detoxing myself at home 2 years ago with no research andonly the help of telling my fiance and DR that just tols me if I get too sick to go to the ER. I'm going into the health field...not an option. The detox was a nightmare, constnt RLS, flu symptons, fatigue, etc.
    My world was caving in on me. So tired of worrying about how I was going to get more and being sick. I have had enough!
    This time I have a week off between summer and fall classes and this is it...it has to be. I took my last vic 55 hours ago and I have been stocked up on klonopin (prescribed) and xanax, bananas, prescription vitamins. This hasn't been nearly as bad, but of course my head is a little rumled. I know I overdid it in the first place because the pills helped me mask my emotional problems losing my 2 brother in the 90's (never dealt with it) andjust losing my mom n 2010. Luckily I'm prescribed celexa for depression and I have a therapist I can return to.

    Just wondering when I might be able to return to functioning in society. Classes start Aug. 21st and I'm very afraid. This time might be easier so far, maybe the worst is yet to come? I feel helpless, scared, unsure of things. Any kind word and /or words of advice is very much appreciated. This is still extremely hard, but I MUST SUCCEED!
    Last edited by mokey101; 08-16-2012 at 06:18 AM.

  2. #2
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    You are only two days in. Don't know how much vic you were taking, but usually days 3-5 really suck. Get some gatorade or restful legs for the RLS. Take immodium for the you know whats. Google up the thomas recipe. You will be o.k. YOU CAN DO THIS.
    1. Gatorade, water, juices. stay hydrated.
    2. Moderate exercise or as much as you can tolerate, even if it's only walking a block. This is important as
    exercise will help your body produce the natural endorphines stunted by the hydro.
    3. Easy on the benzos. Let yourself feel. After the first 3-4 days you should not need them at all. That's a
    detox you DON"T want to contemplate.
    4. For RLS: hot baths or showers. Hylands restful leg (quite cheap) pottasium as in bananas, gatorade.

    The exercise is very important. You will get over this. Hydro is a ******, but there are things that are much worse. You have to be our best advocate and tell yourself you can do this. Around days 5-7 you will be coming out of this. Keep posting! Whatever you feel, however you feel. Vent here. Whatever. BUT make sure you get it in your head that after this is over you never HAVE to use again.

    Hang Tough, you will make it. It's extremely rare that you'd need ER for opiate w/d. Are you just going off of hydro? Believe me, being off of these things will make it easier to deal with other things in your life.

    Peace,

    Iloerose

  3. #3
    patches60 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Maybe I can help, I've been an addict on pain pills for the last 7yrs . Now I am clean 100 days . you have to take one day at a time. remember its only for today. Remeber like you said we all mask all of our pain. and now that we dont do anylonger we feel the everything we put our bodies through . I went into a 7 day detox and they put me on suboxine's . you can be a out patient for this drug also but it will bring you down easy . but if you go into detox they bring you down fast thats the way I chose. I just pleaded for help!! The first month I felt like my world crumbled my brain wasnt like it use to be, And couldnt sleep. are you sleeping? What happens is we ruin the melatonin in our brain that we all our born with thats why babies sleep alot. Vitamins " melatonin goes up to 800mgs. " it takes up to 3months or more to feel normal , but what is normal ? drink alot of orange juice and cranbury juices and also, Its all about water , water drink plenty of it. yes it does get scary you feel sluggish and tired but you can do this everyday you will feel better and better . I also had a bad feeling in my stomach like I felt I was always hungry. like hunger pains but it wasnt that at all. What we do taking these Narcotics we also mess with our Digestive system . Dr. had put me on prilosec over the counter for 14 days and that cured it. If I can help you in anyway Please write back also you Can do this remember you are not alone.
    iloerose likes this.

  4. #4
    mokey101 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Iloerose, thank you so much for responding. I did look up the Thomas recipe and got what I could. I'm alternating hot baths with epsonsalt and bananas and the klonopin for the anxety. Prescribed for when I have an anxiety attack, which is rare and celexa since the depression after losing all of my family, but dad. I took vics, percs, trams for real pain...at first. Then I noticed they helped me get through everydayand I was taking quite a bit a day. Maybe 10 or more, depending.
    I have a therapist I'm going back to and talking to my doctor again next week and giving him the full low down. I will NOT depend on these ever again...I can't! Finishing my degree, getting married, so many good things and I felt like I was in a black hole. I had my phone off the last few days and have several messages from poeple offering me good prices on those "devils". Deleting every number. I very much appreciate your response because today seems to be the worst. -Thank you

  5. #5
    mokey101 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    patches60, Thank you and congratulations on 100 days clean! I relapsed not too long ago after my last detox two years ago, which was way worse without the Thomas recipe. Nonetheless, this is still taking an extreme toll on my body and mind. Not but minutes ago I confided in one of my best friends so someone know what I'm going through. I'm hesitant to tell my fiancee because I told him last time and I really don't want to give him more stress than he already has with helping me through school, the wedding, work, etc. I figure as long as I have the support of these boards and a dear friend I can do this. All responses mean the world to me and are helping me do this. Someone just called and offered me free vics just to drive them somewhere and I said NO. As tempting as it was, I didn't fall for the bait....thanks to you all helping with my determination.

  6. #6
    mokey101 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Can someone please tell me if I'm hitting the peak of the pain? Hardcore chills, clodsweats, aggitation and restlessness are setting in pretty bad. I'm having a hard time focusing on anyting and sleep is difficul even with xanax.

  7. #7
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mokey101 View Post
    Iloerose, thank you so much for responding. I did look up the Thomas recipe and got what I could. I'm alternating hot baths with epsonsalt and bananas and the klonopin for the anxety. Prescribed for when I have an anxiety attack, which is rare and celexa since the depression after losing all of my family, but dad. I took vics, percs, trams for real pain...at first. Then I noticed they helped me get through everydayand I was taking quite a bit a day. Maybe 10 or more, depending.
    I have a therapist I'm going back to and talking to my doctor again next week and giving him the full low down. I will NOT depend on these ever again...I can't! Finishing my degree, getting married, so many good things and I felt like I was in a black hole. I had my phone off the last few days and have several messages from poeple offering me good prices on those "devils". Deleting every number. I very much appreciate your response because today seems to be the worst. -Thank you
    Stay on one thread. I just posted the same advice to you! You will get through this! A few more days of **** and you should start feeling better. HANG TOUGH!

    Peace,

    Iloerose

  8. #8
    mokey101 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I have now battled through another day. Beginning day four now and quite a bit anxious. Took a walk last night and plan on another one this morning to help with the restessleg. I don't want to take anything even thought the calls are still coming through and money in my pocket while I'm still having pain. I know I have to fight this...mind over matter. I never want to go through this again. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but this support means more to me than I could ever explain. Question: Is anyone familiar with celexa and weight gain and/or alternatives to celexa? I know it helps replace seretonin, but the weight is making me depressed. Catch 22. Booo

  9. #9
    patches60 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hi Mokey
    Read your blog this morning . hang in there please I know exactly how you feel it will only get better . Xanax is not going to help you to sleep. you have to stay away from any drug . Mokey if you are feeling really bad I would go to a recovery Dr. and let him prescribe Saboxine and they will ween you off of everything as long as you are under the Doctors care I have a friend right now that is doing this because she couldnt take off from her job or she would of lost it and it seems you have so much going on . please seek this kind of help you will not feel like you do they take you down slowly. but remember you cannot be on Saboxine for months either . Because Mokey this is going to take up to 3 months til you start to feel better and in some people it takes longer , it will take that long for the melatonin to come back in your brain thats why you arent sleeping. my doctor put me on celebrex . for pain its a non narcotic medicine . but between celexa and celebrex there are so many side effects . I gained the weight also these drugs put an impact on our bodies because we hardly ate I know I did. If you go to a recovery Dr. believe me you will be able to function. I dont know what happened to my Blog to you from Last night I dont see it ? I wrote you about no filler vitamins also . Please also stay off the xanax they take longer to get off than the pain pills I also have another friend right now he is trying to get off the xanax . and he is not feeling so well him self . when I went to detox I was there for 7 days and my roomy was in for xanax she had to be there for 14 days all she did was sleep. Please you can REALLY DO THIS Mokey101

  10. #10
    zabko is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    58

    Default

    You're doing great mokey101. Making it through the first 72 hours of short-acting opiate detox was always a milestone for me. The first 3-4 days are the worst in my experience, after 4 days (5 max) you should start to see yourself feeling better. The physical pain will subside you just need to stick it out a bit longer. Drink lots of fluids as iloerose mentioned, get some exercise if you can. You are almost over the physical w/d hurdle.

    Keep at it you're almost through the worst of it. Then the battle to stay clean begins...

    Good luck and God Bless.
    iloerose and LovesAnimals like this.
    "To measure up to all that is demanded of him, a man must overestimate his capacities."

  11. #11
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Mokey,

    Stay on one thread. You don't need suboxone. You are almost there. Really, sometimes the painkillers actually make our pain worse as the body wants more painkillers. Most people find that there pain is tolerable and can treat it over the counter. GET THROUGH THIS. Read what I wrote on your other thread.

    Iloerose
    zabko likes this.

  12. #12
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patches60 View Post
    Hi Mokey
    Read your blog this morning . hang in there please I know exactly how you feel it will only get better . Xanax is not going to help you to sleep. you have to stay away from any drug . Mokey if you are feeling really bad I would go to a recovery Dr. and let him prescribe Saboxine and they will ween you off of everything as long as you are under the Doctors care I have a friend right now that is doing this because she couldnt take off from her job or she would of lost it and it seems you have so much going on . please seek this kind of help you will not feel like you do they take you down slowly. but remember you cannot be on Saboxine for months either . Because Mokey this is going to take up to 3 months til you start to feel better and in some people it takes longer , it will take that long for the melatonin to come back in your brain thats why you arent sleeping. my doctor put me on celebrex . for pain its a non narcotic medicine . but between celexa and celebrex there are so many side effects . I gained the weight also these drugs put an impact on our bodies because we hardly ate I know I did. If you go to a recovery Dr. believe me you will be able to function. I dont know what happened to my Blog to you from Last night I dont see it ? I wrote you about no filler vitamins also . Please also stay off the xanax they take longer to get off than the pain pills I also have another friend right now he is trying to get off the xanax . and he is not feeling so well him self . when I went to detox I was there for 7 days and my roomy was in for xanax she had to be there for 14 days all she did was sleep. Please you can REALLY DO THIS Mokey101
    Patches,

    You have no idea what mokey is on. He's almost there. He just needs to get through the next few days. As for xanax, you're right it's a nightmare to get off and the only thing you can do is to wean yourself off. Using Suboxone for pills, unless you're taking a frightening amount, is like hitting a fly with a sledgehammer. Just one more addiction to get off. And no, coming off the drugs doesn't mean three months of hell. Do not post advice unless you know EXACTLY what someone is taking.

    Mokey,

    There is a thread in featured drugs on celexa. Read what they have to say. But don't worry about that right now, let's just get off the opiates first. One thing at a time. If you really get into a quandary, hit an NA meeting. Otherwise you've got some fine support here.

    Iloerose

  13. #13
    zabko is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Using Suboxone for pills, unless you're taking a frightening amount, is like hitting a fly with a sledgehammer.
    I wish I could "like" this quote a million times. I am first-hand evidence of getting sucked into suboxone due to fear of hydro/percocet (mostly hydro) withdrawal, this despite getting through it 3 times before. Even at 200mg hydro per day, the 4-7 days of withdrawal is easier to deal with than getting off suboxone after 3 months at 16mg per day. I think our minds play tricks on us, at least mine did telling me that the withdrawals got worse every time as my usage was increasing, and maybe it was. But in retrospect, I would happily take a week max of short-acting opiate detox then weeks so far of suboxone detox, especially from a psychological point of view. The agony of long-term detox mentally and the way it makes you question your sanity is a far worse symptom than even the worst restless legs or muscle spasms that hydro/oxy ever gave me. When the mind is strong we can conquer anything.

    Keep at it mokey. God Bless.

    You're at least halfway to starting to feel better mokey, grind it out and get your life back. You don't need suboxone. That is just appeasing your addiction in a different but similar form IMO.
    OneDayAttaTime and iloerose like this.
    "To measure up to all that is demanded of him, a man must overestimate his capacities."

  14. #14
    mokey101 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    THANK YOU ALL!!! I stuck with the xanax for thr first few days just to sleep. Last night and even 6:30 this mornign I forced myself to walk around the block to help ease the restlessness. I really don't want to take subs or anything else because the last thing I need is to wean myself off yet another drug. I want to be clean! Today is a little better, I am up getting things done, but the aggitation, weird skin feeling and a bit restlessness is distracting me quite a bit and I'm doing my hardest to cave. The calls from my "friends" offering great deals on pills even after I said i"m done is a bit of temptation, but I have yet to cave and honestly your kind responses and words have helped a lot. I don't have many ppl to confide in on this matter so your posts mean the world to me...Thank You!

  15. #15
    mokey101 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Iloerose, Thank you. I don't know what I would do without these posts and responses. Every time I start to cry and pick up the phone, I come to the computer first and it makes me feel so much better. As aggitated as I am today, I have been quite productive to stay busy. You deserve to know what a wonderful thing you have done for someone with the encouragement you are giving. I hope one day I can help someone the way you are helping me.

  16. #16
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Thank you, Mokey, for your kind words. Sharing your story and what you've gone through does help the many people who read your thread and shows that there IS hope and that they, too, can get clean.

    Peace,

    Iloerose

  17. #17
    patches60 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Patches,

    You have no idea what mokey is on. He's almost there. He just needs to get through the next few days. As for xanax, you're right it's a nightmare to get off and the only thing you can do is to wean yourself off. Using Suboxone for pills, unless you're taking a frightening amount, is like hitting a fly with a sledgehammer. Just one more addiction to get off. And no, coming off the drugs doesn't mean three months of hell. Do not post advice unless you know EXACTLY what someone is taking.

    Mokey,

    There is a thread in featured drugs on celexa. Read what they have to say. But don't worry about that right now, let's just get off the opiates first. One thing at a time. If you really get into a quandary, hit an NA meeting. Otherwise you've got some fine support here.

    Iloerose
    Dont tell me I dont know what I am talking about but you are right about the Suboxen I went to detox thats what I was On for 7 days and I felt like I got hit with a sledgehammer that is so so right I agree . Iloerose your body is not right for atleast 3 months or so. Yes the detox process takes 7 days but what I am saying is what we all do to our bodies that has to repair it self . and that does not come over night or just in 7 days.

  18. #18
    abritt121222 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Yes please listen and just completely forget about the suboxone because regardless of the amount of hydro u were taking going to suboxone is just going to a stronger opiate which u do not want. Just hang in there u are doing great u just gotta remember we didn't become addicted in a day or two so we can't expect it to just go away that fast either it is no doubt a battle but a battle that you can and will win if you want it bad enough.

    Good luck and Godspeed
    Abritt

  19. #19
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patches60 View Post
    Dont tell me I dont know what I am talking about but you are right about the Suboxen I went to detox thats what I was On for 7 days and I felt like I got hit with a sledgehammer that is so so right I agree . Iloerose your body is not right for atleast 3 months or so. Yes the detox process takes 7 days but what I am saying is what we all do to our bodies that has to repair it self . and that does not come over night or just in 7 days.
    Patches, I'm so sorry I offended you in that way. I guess I just didn't read your entire post. You are absolutely right, because of it's long half-life, and how doctors don't always tell you or know what to expect, many are left hanging. I DO hope that you are feeling better and getting through this. I know that what you're going through with a sudden jerk off of suboxone has got to be a nightmare. Wishing you all the best, and again my apologies for leaping to conclusions.

    Peace,

    Iloerose

  20. #20
    OneDayAttaTime is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Hi Mokey,

    Just wondering how you are doing?? I assume you started back to school. I hope you have hung in there... I myself am on day 9 and have come on here looking for help and encouragement. Would love to hear whats going on w you now

  21. #21
    catspaw1955 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mokey101 View Post
    Background- I have been on and off vicodin, percocet, tramadol for the last 5 years from 2 car accidents and 3 surgeries and back pain. Once I realized how much I got done and happy I was (at first) I was taking them like candy. I tried detoxing myself at home 2 years ago with no research andonly the help of telling my fiance and DR that just tols me if I get too sick to go to the ER. I'm going into the health field...not an option. The detox was a nightmare, constnt RLS, flu symptons, fatigue, etc.
    My world was caving in on me. So tired of worrying about how I was going to get more and being sick. I have had enough!
    This time I have a week off between summer and fall classes and this is it...it has to be. I took my last vic 55 hours ago and I have been stocked up on klonopin (prescribed) and xanax, bananas, prescription vitamins. This hasn't been nearly as bad, but of course my head is a little rumled. I know I overdid it in the first place because the pills helped me mask my emotional problems losing my 2 brother in the 90's (never dealt with it) andjust losing my mom n 2010. Luckily I'm prescribed celexa for depression and I have a therapist I can return to.

    Just wondering when I might be able to return to functioning in society. Classes start Aug. 21st and I'm very afraid. This time might be easier so far, maybe the worst is yet to come? I feel helpless, scared, unsure of things. Any kind word and /or words of advice is very much appreciated. This is still extremely hard, but I MUST SUCCEED!
    hi i am new here, but i really understand where you are coming from, i know you can make it, it is just very hard, i have a really bad back, and am on 220mg of oxycodone a day, but for the past month i have let it go up to 360mg's per day, i have kept on the same dose for over 3yrs and, i cannot figure how i got so out of control, i am going to have to talk to my doctor and i dread it.youdid not specify how much you were taking, i am not looking forward to cutting down myself. i am going to see a one on one therapist next week myself, to try and figure this out, so i wish you well dear. god bless. catspaw1955

  22. #22
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Cat: I don't know anyone on opiates who can quite figure out how they ended up where they did, except for the fact that your mind tells your body you need more and more. I'm not telling you not to see a therapist that is such a great idea. Getting this open and out in the air is liberating. As far as your doctor is concerned, worrying about telling him is the hard part, but docs have seen this so many times and can help you with this. Your statement about not looking forward to cutting down sort of tells it all. Opiates can get the best of us, but you are taking control. That's a good thing and stick to it. You are doing the next right things. You can do this.

    Peace,

    Iloerose

    p.s. you need to start your own thread by clicking in the upper right when you first go to a forum. I suggest you post your thread in need to talk as it has much more traffic.
    shybaybe2003 likes this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22