Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By misspolly
Help
    Hydroseeder is offline New Member

Smile Help

Hey Everyone, I have been reading your site and you guys and gals are great for all of us dumba That let drugs rule our everyday lives.
    My big question is can I just stop taking and not face a serious medical emergency.
    I have been taking 30 mill of hydrocodone for about 8 years, my family does'nt know anything about my addiction.
    Would the Thomas Recipe work ??? Thanks Everyone

Jstfewmoredays is offline New Member

Yeah try the thomas recipe and also goto your doctor to get some benzos for the RLS symptons

Good luck and god bless

Default got some

I have a script for 1 mlg lorazapam will that work?

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hydroseeder View Post
    Hey Everyone, I have been reading your site and you guys and gals are great for all of us dumba That let drugs rule our everyday lives.
    My big question is can I just stop taking and not face a serious medical emergency.
    I have been taking 30 mill of hydrocodone for about 8 years, my family does'nt know anything about my addiction.
    Would the Thomas Recipe work ??? Thanks Everyone
    You can stop cold turkey, but you are going to feel flu-like symptoms for about a week or so. It won't be a medical crisis though. The Thomas Recipe is great for you. Lots of supplements in it for your overall health.

Might be better to taper down if you have some Hydro left. Maybe drop by 1/2 pill every 4 days or so. If not and you have to just quit, lots of others here doing the same thing. Read the posts, they really do help.

good luck to you and post back with all questions. Hope this helps. God Bless...Denny

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hydroseeder View Post
    I have a script for 1 mlg lorazapam will that work?
    That will be ok, but use them sparingly. Don't need an addiction to them as well.

misspolly is offline New Member

Smile

Hi Hydro,
    I stopped hydrocodone cold turkey 4 days ago. I am on my 5th day. I finally am starting to feel so much better. Still have the cravings but not near what I did. My mind is clearing up and I don't feel like I am in a fog today. I was so sleepy and had NO energy but today I actually feel more alert and feel like doing things. It wasn't easy at all but I can say that the freedom of not wondering where am I going to get more pills is AMAZING!! When I woke up this morning I thought..wow I have don't have to worry if I have enough or will I run out, then what?? So much obsession every minute of everyday.
    Like I said though, I still have a craving but it is not near as strong as 5 days ago. I just keeping telling myself how free I am and that I am worth it.
    You can do it!!! Good luck to both of us
    cryin out likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Hydroseeder. You can definatly stop takeing the hydro without a medical crisis. You will feel really bad for 3 to 7 days. I was takeing 10 t0 20 mg / daily for 7 years . I was not able to quit cold turkey without relapse. This time I did a very slow 45 day taper down to 2.5 mg/ daily. When I jumped off I was anxious for about three of four days. I quit on Sept 9th. I still miss the energy boost but it gets better with every passing day. You said its been 8 years for you. Tou should really try to get off unless you really need them. I dont even need to take Non rx pain relievers. The longer some of us use these pain pills the harder it is to tell if you REALLY need them. Give it a shot and see where your pain level really is. You might be surprised.

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Denny was correct when he said to use benzos sparingly. Benzos are not like opiates and I do have to warn you that with benzos no matter what if used for a couple weeks or longer DO NOT SUDDENLY STOP TAKING THEM ABRUPTLY. Benzos are not like opiates and abruptly stopping them can be fatal and if not it can make you wish it was. Benzo detox also will make an opiate cold turkey seem like a walk in the park unless done correctly and is much less forgiving than working with opiates. As Denny stated use only if and when needed and if you are sitting wondering if you really need them or not you don’t need them. Trust me you will know if you need them so try and tough it out and if absolutely sure you need them then try reading a book, watching TV, walking around the block or doing anything and if your symptoms grow worse and it is to the point where you really feel like you are going to lose it then wait a little longer and then you will know for sure. People take benzos much too easily thinking they are stressed or anxious so they pop one and feel nothing so pop another one and still feel nothing. This means you really didn’t need them as benzos work on certain chemicals that are only produced under certain conditions. This is why I stated to wait then wait and then wait some more and only then if needed then continue. All too often we addicts panic so we reach for that crutch but all we are doing is making a bad thing worse and this especially holds true with benzo use. Doctors probably misuse benzos more so than opiates. All I am saying is to be VERY careful with their use and a benzo detox takes months and months and even then once clean the negative symptoms can linger on for many more months and longer.

Henry

Default Tapering down

Okay guys this is day 2 at 25 mlgrams , I was thinking I would try to go down to 20 on Saturday then drop to 15 on Monday. What do ya'll think, I don't seem to be having to bad of a time right now.
    Of coarse we have been slammed with a ton of work to do so we are going to be working alot of 10- 12 hour days. I hope I can keep this up. Thanks