Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Typical
  • 1 Post By Typical
Hello all (especially Robert) 3 years since last post
    Typical is offline Member

Default Hello all (especially Robert) 3 years since last post

Hello everyone. I am back to the board. The board that helped me through quitting the patch, then miraculously, suboxone. Things WERE going along just fine! Until....

I had a bone graft and removal of a neuroma in my left foot. I had these tiny little cysts in the bone of my foot that decided to grow all of a sudden and were causing the bones to break in my fourth metatarsal and fourth toe; along with a very large neuroma that had to be excised between the third and fourth metatarsal. I refused pain meds post- surgery... For a while. I just couldn't take the pain and burning post surgery and relented and had to take the pain meds (allergic to aspirin and NSAIDS) because Tylenol wasn't doing it at all. So....

Here I am, having had to take 4 narco 10/325 a day for a long time. I am walking again after several months and now comes the harder part.... Tapering. Today marks the second day of down to three, then i will go down to two, then down to yada, yada, yada!

I never have taken my meds outside of the prescribed dosages (even with the previous withdrawal); but, stopping is nonetheless hard. I had hopes of never having to face this again... Ha! It is amazing what little it takes to get you back on the carnival ride. I thank the Lord for this forum even though I haven't posted in a long time, the guidance and support here are immeasurable.

Robert, if you are out there bud, I hope this post finds you well. I thought of checking in more than once... And I should have... But ah, life. Hope you have been able to stay strong and keep "your knees in the breeze!"

Because of Whose We Are...

Typical

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Typical View Post
    Hello everyone. I am back to the board. The board that helped me through quitting the patch, then miraculously, suboxone. Things WERE going along just fine! Until....

I had a bone graft and removal of a neuroma in my left foot. I had these tiny little cysts in the bone of my foot that decided to grow all of a sudden and were causing the bones to break in my fourth metatarsal and fourth toe; along with a very large neuroma that had to be excised between the third and fourth metatarsal. I refused pain meds post- surgery... For a while. I just couldn't take the pain and burning post surgery and relented and had to take the pain meds (allergic to aspirin and NSAIDS) because Tylenol wasn't doing it at all. So....

Here I am, having had to take 4 narco 10/325 a day for a long time. I am walking again after several months and now comes the harder part.... Tapering. Today marks the second day of down to three, then i will go down to two, then down to yada, yada, yada!

I never have taken my meds outside of the prescribed dosages (even with the previous withdrawal); but, stopping is nonetheless hard. I had hopes of never having to face this again... Ha! It is amazing what little it takes to get you back on the carnival ride. I thank the Lord for this forum even though I haven't posted in a long time, the guidance and support here are immeasurable.

Robert, if you are out there bud, I hope this post finds you well. I thought of checking in more than once... And I should have... But ah, life. Hope you have been able to stay strong and keep "your knees in the breeze!"

Typical
    Typical .... Glad to see you back again, but wish it was under different circumstances of course. Robert is back to the forum after a major surgery and some computer issues. He should be by shortly I hope. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I will be here as well to offer you any help or support that you may need this time.

Congratulations on your taper progress and what you are attempting. To continue to get yourself clean is the ultimate goal and I'm sure you will succeed with a positive mind and a strong support system. Sorry to hear of your pain issues and I hope that they will subside and give you some relief.

Keep tapering just as you are and everything will be just fine. I wish you the very best and if you need any help and I am able, I would be happy to do so. I hope that Robert sees your post as well. God Bless.....Denny

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Hi Typical ..... It has been a while. I still love your signature, "Because of Whose we are". I have thought about that many times over the years. It truly is about Whose we are and all things are possible through Him.

I haven't heard of many people other than me having neuroma surgeries. My racquetball competitions and the stress to my feet caused one in my left foot back in about 1990 or thereabouts. It was one of the most painful things I've ever dealt with. Felt like someone was jamming a potato peeler through my foot just walking. Eventually I could not walk on it at all as drs kept wanting to give it more time to heal. I finally told them to cut it out or I would do it myself. (I really wouldn't have done that but it hurt horribly!) I still am without feeling in the instep of my left foot.

With you being down to three norco each day I know you well enough to know you'll knock this out in record time. You blew through the subs before, you were successful with everything we did. So I'm here if I can help, and I'm glad you came back to the forum, but I have every confidence in your ability to be successful as you've been in the past.

Are you guys still riding your bikes on trips to the mountains? I remember at the end of your sub taper and you took your trip with your husband to the Rockies. Just curious if you're still doing that.

I am getting ready for church but I will be home afterwards. Would love to hear back from you and if you need any help I would be happy to help you. You know that. Stay in touch. Did you ever dream a little neuroma in a foot could be so painful? Talk later. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Hi Robert!!!! It is so good to "see" you!!!!! And you as well Denny!
    Yes, this neuroma was a massive problem! The breaking bones along with it didn't help either. I think what did it was a tight ski boot. I felt something start burning in my foot while I was skiing and I was having too much fun to stop and take it off. By the end of the day, my foot was on fire, and it was all downhill from there. That was two years ago. So, we haven't been on a "bike" ride to the Rockies since that time. I kept trying to ignore it, but unfortunately, the thing just would not quit screaming! Wow! Painful! But, nonetheless, who would of thought several years ago that I would have been skiing?

The first thing I thought about when having to take pain meds was my fight to get off of them. Putting the first pill in my mouth was like a step back into the depths. But, here I am and I will climb back out... Again.

Thank you for the kind words. I have thought about the "sub" episode so many time. I was lucky to get on this board and find you here when I first started them. Truly divine providence.

Hope you are doing well after the surgery Denny mentioned.

Typical

Oh, and today is day 3. That is important! Praise the Lord!

Because of Whose We Are.
    Typical

One last thing.... You would think I could get all my thoughts into one post...

I am so saddened by the number of people who still struggle with this demon everyday. I am glad you are still here for them, Robert. It is only by the grace of the Lord that they can escape the quagmire. Seeing everyone here, and especially you, tells me that you have answered a call in the most appropriate way. The Lord is working through you...always remember that.

Typical
    Denny_D likes this.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Typical View Post
    One last thing.... You would think I could get all my thoughts into one post...

I am so saddened by the number of people who still struggle with this demon everyday. I am glad you are still here for them, Robert. It is only by the grace of the Lord that they can escape the quagmire. Seeing everyone here, and especially you, tells me that you have answered a call in the most appropriate way. The Lord is working through you...always remember that.

Typical
    Typical .... Robert is most likely in Church and will be back shortly I'm sure. I have begun to help him in his absence from the forum at times. If I am ever able to be of any help to you then please do not hesitate to ask.

I hope and Pray that your pain issues begin to subside real soon. I for one truly know about pain problems to the extreme. I have had a few myself in my life and of course lately as well. Take care of yourself and I will be following along to offer you some support. God Bless.....Denny

Hello Denny!
    I am glad you are here to help those in need of support - and thank you for offering it to me as well. I think I dubbed Robert "Guardian of the Forum" a few years back and I am glad another guardian has entered the ranks!
    And Denny, I am sorry you are having to deal with pain right now. You obviously have been down the road on the dependence and/or addiction train, or you probably would not be here. It is a tough ride. I "met" Robert right after getting off of Fentenyl patches and within the first few days of starting Suboxone. I know it was divine intervention that sent me here - before I developed a dependence on the Suboxone. I was able to get off of them rather quickly due to that fact. It was hard! But, by the grace of God and the wonderful help on this forum, it was a success.

Life became fun again.

Thank you Denny for being here for everyone.

Typical

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Typical ..... It's good news to hear you're three days into this. You've about got the very worst of it behind you. Thank you for all the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you years ago. It saddens me that you had another injury and were forced to become dependent again, but you're not an addict. You are just dependent on the meds that you needed at the time. You'll be done with this again soon and I know you well enough to know you'll be back living life again soon. Stay in touch and let me know if I can do anything to help you.

Thanks for asking about my surgery. It took me a couple months to fully recover but I'm better than ever. And just had a great day at church, so I feel great! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Day 5 today at three. Feeling well. Tomorrow, down to two! WOOHOO!

Because of Whose We Are!
    Typical
    Robert_325 likes this.