Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By Mercury77
  • 2 Post By Catrina
Going thru an easier withdrawal then usual, why?
    Mercury77 is offline New Member

Default Going thru an easier withdrawal then usual, why?

Hello, I've been on Norco 10/325 for the past year and a half maybe even two years now. I am prescribed four a day but I always run out after about two weeks and if I don't purchase any off the street I just deal with the withdrawals, but I always end up getting something after a day maybe three. The longest I've gone without in the past year is about 5 days. I really liked how I was beginning to feel like my old self after those 5 days, but then it was appt. time so I was refilled and buried that sign of my former self. I get the pills for a disc protrusion and I used to have a hard labor job so I was in a lot of pain most times, but now I have an office job and take the pills more for the high than to ease any pain. Anyway I ran out yesterday at 330 and expected to feel really bad but aside from a sneeze attack here or there and some chronic yawning episodes I feel pretty good. I have planned to have the next four days off of work to deal with the detoxing, but today I got up and went and got a 5 hour energy and then went to the park and ran a mile. I came home and had a shower as I hit the 24 hr mark. I usually struggle to get to 72hrs. I wondering if I can beat this thing for good. My next appt isn't for a couple of weeks, and I think If I make it I might be rid of this monkey on my back. I've always read this site whenever I start withdrawals and I felt prompted to register here and post. My question is does it get easier each time you detox? because I was under the impression it was worse each time. I'll post at the 48hr mark and let everyone know if it is still a walk in the park

l0st s0u1 is offline Junior Member

Sounds like your dosage lingered a little longer or something. But if you don't go through hell....best wishes to you man. Cause mine sucked.....bad! God luck.

Catrina is offline Advanced Member

Mercury,

While everyone is different, it does NOT get easier with each relapse/detox!!!! My personal experience, and I have alot, is that Day 1 has never been an issue except for some anxiety waiting for the symptoms to kick in. There were even times when Day 2 had me feeling just a bit "off" but by Day 3, oh yes the ride begins in earnest!

If you breeze through this, I'm happy for you and my advice is to thank God that you were lucky and do your best to take advantage of the opportunity to stay clean. The next time, you're not apt to get off so easily.

Peace,

Cat
    l0st s0u1 likes this.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahil Gibran (1883-1931).

Default hr 41

Well it's the morning of day 2. It's been about 41 hrs. I went to bed at 12 feeling okay. I woke up at 3 am and was very restless. I took a muscle relaxer and fell out after about an hour of tossing. I'm up now at 830. I've had a sneeze attack, but other than that I still feel fine. My legs are sore from the mile I ran yesterday. In the past I've felt so bad the first two days I would be frantically making phone calls trying to get something, but this time I haven't even thought about it. My cousin even offered me a fentenyl patch to help ease me and I turned him down. I figure if it is going so well, why mess it up or prolong it. I sure hope there isn't anything nasty waiting for me. I've read horror stories on here about people coming off cold turkey from doing 20-30 pills a day. maybe I haven't been taking enough to suffer so bad. If this keeps up I may not even go back to the pain doc.

Cat,

What were you coming off of? I've read a lot that the first 72 are the toughest physically. And i've also been under the impression that vicodin wasn't as bad as percocet/roxi etc. What kind of symptoms hit you on day 3? I've usually had hot and cold flashes, running nose, body aches, temper tantrums and depression by now. I sure hope I don't get smacked in the face tomorrow.

Default 92 + hrs.

Well yesterday I did have a couple of bouts with the runs but nothing overbearing. I had crawling skin and didn't feel comfortable sitting in one place. So I tried to keep moving. I took a muscle relaxer last night and chased it with a night time alka seltzer cold plus. My wife thinks I'm just sick. I told her I ran out of pills and that's why I'm ill - she thinks that is all in my head, lol yeah right. I feel pretty good today. I've been up sitting in the reclyner watching some football. I feel better today than in a while. I hope the worst is behind me and I can get back to my old self. One thing that has helped this entire time has been reconnecting with music. I've had my headphones close by the entire time and haven't enjoyed music this much in years.
    l0st s0u1 likes this.

wizz587 is offline New Member

Just checking in with you....if your still doing good it looks like you dodged a bullet! Hopefully that will be enough to never go back and if I could give you or anyone some advice I always have had troubles around the 1 month mark DO NOT GIVE INTO "just 1 pill" you will be back to using I guarantee it. If possible attend a NA meeting.... At the one month mark it is kinda similar to quitting smoking as in you will get an occasional urge just do not give in.....like I said not even 1 pill!!!!

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

i have had a million detoxes..okay not that much, but alot. Usually they were bad, some were dwonright hell, ( being the last detox 7 months ago) but there were also a few times for me too that the withdrawals really werent bad. I dont know why that is, but of course i didnt appreciate it, and used again soon after, and yes, next detox..BAD. Be grateful get clean and stay away from pain doc if you really dont need him.

Catrina is offline Advanced Member

Hi Mercury,

Sorry for taking so long to reply to you. You asked me what and how much I came off of cold turkey. So, which time are you interested in? LOL I have detoxed cold turkey from just about any opiate you may be able to name, really except for methadone and subs. I detoxed from >>>>>>, didn't inject I snorted it that was a bout that lasted about 3 or 4 years and was probably the most intense and uncomfortable but also the shortest. I have detoxed from percs largest intake probably around 180 mg/day. I have detoxed from oxycontin, up to 240 mg/day. Vic's, codeine...like I said name it, I took it. Other stuff that I don't even know what it was.

Each time, Day 1 was a breeze, Day 2, hardly a bother and baboom! Day 3-5 or 6 was, well no picnic.

Thank your stars and don't tempt fate. I'm glad you had an easy time. Not likely the next time, I'm afraid.

Peace,

Cat
    wizz587 and l0st s0u1 like this.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahil Gibran (1883-1931).