• 1 Post By veryscared
  • 1 Post By Comeback Kid
  • 1 Post By stystrg
  • 1 Post By shawn156
  • 1 Post By veryscared
Day 3, second time around
    veryscared is offline Junior Member

Default Day 3, second time around

So today is day 13 with no vicodin and day 3 no opiates! I made it though the worst of my W/D last week and then ended up taking Tramadol, not knowing it was an opiate and I would restart this whole process! That is the last thing I would have wanted to do!

So anyway in 1 and a half weeks I have been though this hell twice! I am trying to stay strong. I know 2 days are done and I hope it just gets better everyday from here.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is going though the same thing right now? At the same stage as me, I could really use some support from someone who understands!

Default Second time around

I can relate to going through this a 2nd time. I first stopped for 23 days and then I found a pill in my drawer. I gave in and did it. That was 2 weeks ago, but I completely understand about going through it again. It def taught me I do not want to keep going back and forth, living my life like this. Just take it one day at a time, things do get better

So what day is this for you? (your 2nd time)

Ok half way into Day 3, even though it seems far longer because I couldn't sleep last night I am still feeling pretty bad, just looking forward to tomorrow Then I guess tomorrow I will be looking forward till the next day. But hopefully soon I will be better again.

Instead I have decided to lay around and watch drug movies all day! Trainspotting,Dope Sick Love, and Requiem for a Dream. Guess I am trying to keep my self scared straight! But hey If Dope sick love doesn't scare me straight I don't know what movie will!

See you soon(whoever is listening)

It is Day 15 for me. The first week is always more difficult, well it was for me. The emotions I felt during this 2nd time were hard to handle at times, but I learned I'm not going back to Day 1 again.

AlmostHome is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4change12 View Post
    It is Day 15 for me. The first week is always more difficult, well it was for me. The emotions I felt during this 2nd time were hard to handle at times, but I learned I'm not going back to Day 1 again.
    Good for you!

Almost done with day 3!

numbOne is offline Member

That's Great!! Just focus on getting through this weekend and Monday morning will be yours again.

I hope so! Today is day 8 and I still feel bad I am doing more, working and some housework. But I am still very tired, no energy, diarrhea, and I can't sleep. I sleep a little bit and toss and turn all night! I am feeling very frustrated, I feel like I have been the same for a few days, no progress! When will I have my energy and sleep back?? Anyone????

shawn156 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by veryscared View Post
    I hope so! Today is day 8 and I still feel bad I am doing more, working and some housework. But I am still very tired, no energy, diarrhea, and I can't sleep. I sleep a little bit and toss and turn all night! I am feeling very frustrated, I feel like I have been the same for a few days, no progress! When will I have my energy and sleep back?? Anyone????
    I'm at the no energy/no sleep phase.I was over the worst part in 4 days and back to the everyday routine on day 5.It's just now I have my days and nights mixed up and only getting 3-5 hours of sleep a day.I try to do things that I know will wear me out and I should be tired at night but I toss and turn and give up. Hoping there is an end in site for the last 2 symptoms. When will it end....

Thanks for your replies! I appreciate it

numbOne is offline Member

You're welcome! It definitely helps to know that you are not the only one in this mess.

Hope you made it thru the weekend and are feeling better now

When i first started visiting this site, it was posted to me that: Depending on DOC, 7-10 days = 70% and the worst of the w/d symptioms over, 2 Months = 85% and the last 15% comes 6-9 months down the road - a full reboot of the mental receptors, if you will. Methadone excluded.

It definitely helps to hear other people's opinion and stories I made it though the weekend, and I am still feeling not so great, but better. Today is day 10. I went to work and cleaned up. I did notice a new symptom just last night! Instead of Restless legs, my arm is doing it! Ugh!!! But I just have to go one day until I am though this. Glad I am doing it. You have to do it sometime!
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member

One month+!!!!
    veryscared likes this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

stystrg is offline New Member

congrats.. im on 48 hrs right now and i have to admit im feeling alot better than i expected. esp because this is not my first time and the first time was hell. this time has been alot easier, i think bc i was way more mentally prepared and wanted it so badly this time. And taking Imodium this time has helped me A LOT too. I highly recommend this.
    veryscared likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stystrg View Post
    congrats.. im on 48 hrs right now and i have to admit im feeling alot better than i expected. esp because this is not my first time and the first time was hell. this time has been alot easier, i think bc i was way more mentally prepared and wanted it so badly this time. And taking Imodium this time has helped me A LOT too. I highly recommend this.
    Good job! Today is day 35 for me Keep up the good work, wanting to quit is the key to sucess

I'm getting ready to do this again for the second time next week,maybe sooner since I am almost out of vicodin and only have Tylenol 3 to get me through until Tuesday,when I want to jump ship. Just hope the T3 takes care of the w/d from Vicodin until Tuesday,right now that is my main concern. I have to make it through work and some appointments first and I know if I stop now,I won't make it.
    My first jump c/t was Feb 5th 2012 and I was at 7-8 Vicodin 7.5/day now I am at 3 Vicodin 7.5 and 2 T3s a day,hoping the W/D isn't to bad and I make it through to the very end. I really am struggling with this and have to stop everything and not use something in it's place.I know my Dr will give me no more Vicodin,I stepped up and put a stop to it and I have only 1 person who will give me a limited amount of them,but I don't want to do that so I have to fight off the demon of the addict in me to not ask for any. I kind of feel like I am in a little w/d now,been sleeping so much the last few days and very tired after I wake up.I am used to sleeping 3-5 hours and can function on that so that is never a concern to me.
    Last year in August I went c/t and was back on around Oct,after I went through the hell of getting off them I went back to them and regret it.I was past everything and was feeling good except the pain level was kind of high at the time. I was off them for nearly 2 months but I relapsed and started again and now I am where I am today. I know I can do this I have in the past several times,a few times I done it from Oxycodone. I do feel that after the first time,it gets a little easier knowing what to expect and you are prepared for that. My last sober days lasted 4-5 days and I was in w/d then so I can't say I was sober and drug free,but I will beat it this time around. I have a plan in place already with the kids since I have full custody of them,they have to be taken care of while I am down and out again. My parents aren't happy about but I talked to my mom this evening and explained to her I have to stop and need their help and support so that is all taken care of.
    Sorry for the rant and please don't give up,we can all get clean and stay clean,it's just a few days of hell and we can handle it. I know I will have pain and muscle spasms after I am clean but I am willing to live through them so I can have a clear head and not have to rely on meds to help me. It's not the way I want to live anymore.
    veryscared likes this.

Shawn you can do it! Stay strong. It is not an easy road for any of us! I am at day 35 and still have my bad days I had a hard time mentally today, I had cravings really bad! I just have to keep in mind the reasons why I quit in the first place. Do it for you first and remember the kids need you, clean and sober I think of that EVERYDAY! My kids need me and I owe it to them! You can do this!! If I can, you can! Keep us updated and remember to post or come on the forum whenever you need to talk, everyone has been though this and can help
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veryscared View Post
    Shawn you can do it! Stay strong. It is not an easy road for any of us! I am at day 35 and still have my bad days I had a hard time mentally today, I had cravings really bad! I just have to keep in mind the reasons why I quit in the first place. Do it for you first and remember the kids need you, clean and sober I think of that EVERYDAY! My kids need me and I owe it to them! You can do this!! If I can, you can! Keep us updated and remember to post or come on the forum whenever you need to talk, everyone has been though this and can help
    Thanks and I am doing it for me.I am tired of being "sick" physically from the pills. My daughter just found out she has a curved spine and has pain but I will not allow any opiates to be given to her and I explained to her and her Dr why and my struggles and what I don't want her to go through. She has seen me at my worse and vowed to not take them until she got this pain in her back and has been begging for something stronger. I told her I just can't allow it and she'll have to make do with the ibuprofen given to her. It's a hell of a road to go down and no way I will let my kid go through it when I know all to well what can happen,that is why it triggered me to take a look at myself and see what I was doing to me over pills. It woke me up and I know if I keep going I will be back at a higher dose and a harder time at getting off them. I don't expect it to be a vacation but don't expect it to be really bad like the time I done in August last year. My fear really is all mental and what that "cloud" feeling is like after 5 days. That's what drove me back last time,I couldn't function. I have to get through this and will.

I'll post when I can and update how I am getting along and thanks for the support!!

saddad1 is offline Member

Does a small relapse (like taking a few pills several days into detox) basically "Reset" the entire Withdrawal cycle?

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by saddad1 View Post
    Does a small relapse (like taking a few pills several days into detox) basically "Reset" the entire Withdrawal cycle?
    Hello saddad,
    I responded to your post on your other thread.
    When one is detoxing from Norcos going C/T you DO NOT WANT TO TAKE ANY PILLS PERIOD!!! I don't mean to yell but you are so close now to kicking this my friend. You are just about there and taking anything now will only put you back to square one. Everyone responds differently but there is no sense at all in taking more narcotics to try and reset the withdrawals. There is no reset. You are either hooked or you are not. Those not hooked that just started the narcotics hasn't had time to put them into a mental, physical and emotional dependency state yet which is why they can walk away from it but you have been using quite enough for long enough and compared to a full blown nasty, panic attack, miserable, nauseous, number problems, sleep problems, vomiting issues, pressure spikes, pounding heart and a ton of other nasty stuff you are doing remarkably well so I would count my blessing if I were in your shoes. Seriously there is no logical reason to take more pills. You are almost there and in fact past the half way point. Don’t do it buddy! Don’t go back. That would just mean all that hard time and effort you worked so hard for to get where you are today was for nothing. Don’t cave. You toughed it out this far. The mental part, trust me on this, is the worst. You already made that commitment. You can’t go back now. You have come so very far. You may not feel you are getting a lot of responses but you just got here. Look at how many people have read your thread and posts! There are far more people that just read and never post. I know as I have been here way longer than my join date says. I left this forum and searched around at others before coming back and reregistering which is why my date is more current and my post numbers are so low but I guess you could say I am one of the old timers here and have helped a whole lot of people here and off forum get clean so trust me when I say you are doing one kick behind job on this detox. You have every right to be proud of yourself. You know how tough this foe you are fighting is. You are beating the bad guys!
    Hang in there my friend. Keep posting. Check out the other subjects and post. Ask around and you will find the same answers from those of us that have already been there and made it clean. Last November was my 2 year clean anniversary and I have no cravings or even any temptations even if pills are in front of me. After years of abusing all sorts of opiates I never want to go back to that again. Ever! You deserve a better life than to be chained to pills. You are doing this for you first then for your family and everyone else. You can do it I just know you can.
    No retreat no surrender okay?

Henry

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Saddad,
    Forgot to mention there is absolutely no such thing as a "small" relapse. A relapse is a relapse no matter what kind.
    Be tough my friend and grit your teeth. You are closer than you think! Trust me on this I know what I am talking about.

Henry

Sorry I have been busy and no time to post my progress. This is where I am right now,I am off the Vicodin and have been for 48 hours. I decided to taper to 1 and then jump off. I am using only tylenol 3 with codeine and had minor w/d symptoms,but it didn't put me down at all and I was able to continue my everyday life,which was important to me.
    When I become 100% stable where I am,I am going to start with the taper from the T3s and be free by summer.Let me rephrase that,well before summer. I get my next refill in a few days and I Will continue on 3 a day with them and then drop to 2 and get stable drop to 1 get stable and then jump off after that. Pain level has been very low since I started tapering off Vicodin onto T3's,my mental state has been good and I see an improvement everyday in myself.
    Most people do not have the will power to do what I done and I was aware of what could of went wrong and that made me more determined I would not fail this time.I feel I made a major step in totally getting off the Vicodin and on to another without the major w/ds and cravings. I am half way to where I want to be and feel good about it.
    Another thing I haven't done in over a week is wake up and reach for some sort of pill bottle. I remember those days and now I don't even think about it when I wake up.
    Last edited by shawn156; 03-17-2012 at 05:04 AM.