Advice please
    Britt1387 is offline New Member

Default Advice please

My fiancé is currently coming off an addiction to Percocet 30s. He was taking between 6-8 per day for a long period of time. I'm not here to be judged just need some advice from someone with knowledge on this subject. We have chosen suboxone as the method to keep withdrawals down the problem is I'm not sure on the amount per day that's ok. We have 8mg stops and he used 2 1/2 today is that to much or is that ok? When should be start lowering the dosage? Today is his first day off of them and he's done really well with the help of the suboxone. He has just been really weak, tired, an seems depressed. How many days should he take them before we're completely done with it? I know it's a long road and I plan to be here every step of the way. I would just like to know I we are doing this right so we can put this behind us and move on. Any advice from someone who's been here or knows the right dosage would be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks so much.

Strips not stops***

Anonymous Guest

20mg is a REALLY HIGH DOSE. i bet hes havin trouble sleeping..... and if he stops on that amount he is gonna really suffer. see he wont be feeling any withdrawl coz subs are an opiate too, and at 20mg, theres no way hes gonna be feeling withdrawl....
    he needs to taper that amount and fast... if hes only been on that for a day or two... drop to 12mg immediately.... then taper 25% of the dose every 4 or so days.... otherwise he is just trading one addiction (percs) for another (subs.) and you can easily get addicted...

not judging you at all. you wanted advice, well i was an iv user for years, and was on methadone when i switched to suboxone, and i started at 12mg which was far too high for me as well. i got down to 8 pretty quickly.... please tell him he is on way too high a dose.

good luck

Anonymous Guest

this link is really good. its how to taper off subs. plenty of people have used this method.... but get down off that 20mg as soon as you can... thats disastrous....

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...tml#post220161

He just started taking them today. How much and how oftens should he take it. Like 2 mg every couple hours. Sorry I've never been through this before and am completely lost. I definitely don't want him to get addicted to these. If he takes 12 tomorrow how long should he stay at 12 a couple days then go to 8? Thanks so much for your advice.....oh and actually all he's wanted to do is sleep. He's hardly moved all day he seems completely drained.

Anonymous Guest

first off. you only take subs once or twice a day... dont take it every few hours no way.... when he finds an amount that he feels stable on.... stick to that... i only took it once a day, (i went thru a clinic so had no choice)

if he can try 8mg in the morning and see if that holds him... that would be a great start so he doesnt end up stuck on a high dose... if he gets stable on that. he could break it up and take 4mg twice a day. its up to him... like i said tho, i only ever dosed once a day. its got a really long half life so you dont need to be dosing all day. thats addictive behaviour and we are tryin to get rid of that.

read that link carefully, that provides all the information you need... once he is on a stable dose, its pretty easy... reduce by 25% every 4 days or so...

subs work differently, he will feel 'normal' on them rather than high like off the pills... but they work alright, yeh he will feel drained alright, far too much, drop for sure tomorrow....
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-16-2012 at 05:04 AM.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britt1387 View Post
    He just started taking them today. How much and how oftens should he take it. Like 2 mg every couple hours. Sorry I've never been through this before and am completely lost. I definitely don't want him to get addicted to these. If he takes 12 tomorrow how long should he stay at 12 a couple days then go to 8? Thanks so much for your advice.....oh and actually all he's wanted to do is sleep. He's hardly moved all day he seems completely drained.
    Cheeky knows what he is doing please listen he will not steer you wrong Good Luck Surfdog

clean4eva is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britt1387 View Post
    My fiancé is currently coming off an addiction to Percocet 30s. He was taking between 6-8 per day for a long period of time. I'm not here to be judged just need some advice from someone with knowledge on this subject. We have chosen suboxone as the method to keep withdrawals down the problem is I'm not sure on the amount per day that's ok. We have 8mg stops and he used 2 1/2 today is that to much or is that ok? When should be start lowering the dosage? Today is his first day off of them and he's done really well with the help of the suboxone. He has just been really weak, tired, an seems depressed. How many days should he take them before we're completely done with it? I know it's a long road and I plan to be here every step of the way. I would just like to know I we are doing this right so we can put this behind us and move on. Any advice from someone who's been here or knows the right dosage would be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks so much.
    Honestly if he is only taking 6-8 30's a day he can get away with 2mg of suboxene an not have any w/ds just sayin. He is going to regret it like a mofo if he keeps takin subs an that many at that .