Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mancizle
  • 1 Post By iloerose
90-210mg Oxycoddone habit. need help!
    Mancizle is offline New Member

Default 90-210mg Oxycoddone habit. need help!

Hi guys...

Im 24 years old, and I have been on and off (mostly on) oxycoddone for about 4 years now. im currently taking between 90mg to 210mg of oxycoddone a day depending on what i can afford. In the past Ive been to a detox center and remained clean for 3 months after, which is the longest ive been clean in 4 year. i have also detoxed on my own in the past a few times.

As ive said, ive managed to stay clean in the past, but i am curently in a really bad relapse and i really just wanna get clean for good, but ive been having a ton of trouble trying to get clean this time around. for awhile now i had managed to keep my drug use to a minimum, i was down to 30-60mgs, and only using once or twice a week. but in the past 2 months i have gotten worse again and i am feeling like my life is starting to fall apart, and ive been feeling really depressed, which has been fueling my craving for an escape, so i started using heavily again(90mg to 210mg), and using every day again, which in turn has been causing many problems and making me feel more depressed and want to do more oxycoddone.

part of my problem is that I have finally gotten rid of all the bad influences in my life, but now i only have a handful of people in my life. also, i have temporarily dropped out of school, and i dont think i can get the motivation to go back untill i get clean. i have also been feeling down because i have been single for 3 or so years, because ive found that the drugs make it hard for me to connect with people. i am also broke all the time cause i spend all my money on drugs. lastly, i found that for a time being on drugs made me not care about any of my problems, but i am to the point where they no longer help me escape my problems, but i am still being drawn to them. i feel like all my problems are caused by or made worse by my habit, and i really do wanna just get off these damn things for good, but latly i have lost all my motivation for anything, and feel like i am just floating through life, skating by at work, and not caring much about anything anymore, and its really effecting my attitude at work and with friends/family latly.

i would like to go back to a detox center, but i am a salary manager and do not have any vacation time left untill novemeber and i dont wanna wait that long, and if i just went i would end up losing my job, which i cant afford to do. i also dont have any insurance at this time anyways. i know i can keep clean because i have done stretchs before, but i am really having a problem getting the motivation to get past 1 or 2 days. i dont do any oxycoddone before or during work, but when i get out all i want is to go get some pills. i really want to get clean, but i dont know how to get my motivation back... also, my mind is really foggy right now, and i cant really remember any of the tips or tricks for making myself feel better while going through withdrawls. does anyone have any tips on how to get my motivation back and any tips on things i can use or do, other than suboxone or methedone, to help with the withdrawls? i have detoxed a handful of times, and can tell you my biggest withdrawl problems tend to be that i get the chills/goosebumps, a big loss of motivation and energy, some joint and muscle soreness, and dihareah. any tips, no matter how small would be great, i really just wanna get my life back!!!

P.S. Sorry i wrote so damn much, I just really wanted to get this off my chest because almost everyone i know thinks i am still clean, so i dont get a chance to talk about my problems much.
    Last edited by Mancizle; 06-10-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    Comeback Kid likes this.

Mancizle is offline New Member

also, i forgot to mention that i also have trouble sleeping as well, whenever i try to get clean.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hi! Wow you were on a high dose. Are you going CT right now? Check out the Thomas Recipe it's posted on the site http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html. The supplements and advice here may ease some of your w/d. You are at day 3 right? No opiates? You motivation will return as your head clears up. Drink lots of fluids and try to get some form of exercise in each day. Use immodioum for bathroom troubles, hot baths, chamomile tea, hylands restless leg. To sleep at night try taking a hot shower and drinking a cup of herbal tea, melatonin for sleep doesn't hurt either. Stay focused on your recovery. You are young. Many of us old timers were on and off for years. Don't let that be YOU. You are going to get through the physical w/d around 5-7 days in. Then the work comes in to stay off. This is a process, not an event, as you indicated you have been on and off a few times. Right now wrap your head around getting off of these things. You will get your motivation back, you will start getting out of the haze.
    Keep on Keeping on post as often as you need to.

Iloerose
    Sundwn likes this.

Sundwn is offline Member

Manc, I too have been where you are with oxy,s. in reading your posts. What I am hearing is this......you can get through the wd,s. yes, you can. It will suck. You already know this. But what stands out to me is that once you get through this hell. It's not enough to keep you from going back. This is the real problem. Not ct and wd,s. you say you have dropped some bad influences in your life. Good for you.thats a step in the right direction. You also say because of this you don't have many people in your life now. No relationship in 3 years. You can't connect etc. Well let's get you some new friends. People you can connect with. You are going to need some help. And you can find ths by getting involved with N/A. I don't always promote NA or AA , for that matter. It may not be for everyone. But it sure sounds like YOU could benefit greatly from this. You will meet individuals just like yourself. Been where you are right now. I urge you to really consider getting involved with ths group. I may be wrong. But I do not believe you are going to be able to stay clean without this kind of support. I believe you will find some kindred spirits there. Also a sponsor to help you and be there for you.
    Keep posting here and we/I will help you in anyway possible get through CT and the wd,s that follow. Rose has given you excellent direction to follow. Listen to what she has to say. There are many others who will come on here to help you along. We want you to succeed. We want to succeed. You can do this.....ok?..........SD

Sundwn is offline Member

." We want you to succeed. We want to succeed "

And we all......" want you to want to succeed"........you sure sound like you do......SD

patches60 is offline New Member

hi iloerose, I have read some of your answers I am an old timer also and 4 mths clean at this time, The only thing I beg to indifference with you it doesn't take only one week for all the withdrawls to go away . Its more like 3 months or more especially when you are doing it for years at high doses . I know I have just been there the younger ones can bounce back a little faster. I thought I was ready to die getting off these drugs that Doctors carelessly give prescriptions out like it was candy . We all have to ride out the storm . And believe me it is one heck of a ride. I didnt even have the energy to get into a tub of water . But we all have to keep strong .

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by patches60 View Post
    hi iloerose, I have read some of your answers I am an old timer also and 4 mths clean at this time, The only thing I beg to indifference with you it doesn't take only one week for all the withdrawls to go away . Its more like 3 months or more especially when you are doing it for years at high doses . I know I have just been there the younger ones can bounce back a little faster. I thought I was ready to die getting off these drugs that Doctors carelessly give prescriptions out like it was candy . We all have to ride out the storm . And believe me it is one heck of a ride. I didnt even have the energy to get into a tub of water . But we all have to keep strong .
    Patches,

Everyone is different. But most people get off of opiates and rid of the physical symptoms in around ten days. Some, take longer, especially the mental aspect and cravings. Read around the board. I know that a strong oxy habit can be tricky, but it can be done c/t. I know people who have done this. But don't scare people with the three month horror story for physical symptoms. I'm not saying this can't be true, but it IS not that prevalent. I'm glad you are clean. I agree we all have to stay strong and vigilant.

Peace,

Iloerose