• 1 Post By cryin out
  • 1 Post By Stellabelle
  • 1 Post By michellelisa1982
  • 1 Post By misspolly
  • 1 Post By michellelisa1982
72 hours with no opiate
    cryin out is offline Member

Default 72 hours with no opiate

Love to you guys. Hope I do very well. Feeling as expected I want to muster enough in my to get the dishes done. It looks so huge...lol
    h00rah and l0st s0u1 like this.

maximus99 is offline Senior Member

Default You go!

Quote Originally Posted by cryin out View Post
    Love to you guys. Hope I do very well. Feeling as expected I want to muster enough in my to get the dishes done. It looks so huge...lol
    3 days...that is huge. You stay strong and go for it. Not sue what you were on, but depending on the opiate, it varies.

But no matter what, keep your resolve!

You clean those dishes !

Cheers,

Maximus
    h00rah and opelessence like this.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Excellent job! I'm very proud of you. Just keep up the good work and soon you will have a week, then 2 and so on. God Bless.....Denny
    opelessence, l0st s0u1 and h00rah like this.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

cryin' out..

this (and my prayers) are for you..

You Are Beautiful <--click
    h00rah and opelessence like this.

Still in the throes of it. Hope you all are well. Original pelvic pain lightly sore which i pray i can overcome so i can stay off opiates. Feel bad but in better spirits today. nd those dishes did not get done. I tried and tried and had the energy for 5 at a time. My partner walked in and chewed the 2 adults 1'teen and talked to the 2 younger kids about helping out. So they finished the dishes that day. Today....nobody cares including me. Lol
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-02-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    l0st s0u1 and h00rah like this.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Still in the throes of it. Hope you all are well. Original pelvic pain lightly sore which i pray i can overcome so i can stay off opiates. Feel ?????? but in better spirits today. nd those dishes did not get done. I tried and tried and had the energy for 5 at a time. My partner walked in and chewed the 2 adults 1'teen and talked to the 2 younger kids about helping out. So they finished the dishes that day. Today....nobody cares including me. Lol
    cryin out ..... Just try to keep yourself busy if possible. Remember that even the already "clean" people have days that are not so very good. So you certainly can have one too. You're doing great! God Bless.....Denny
    opelessence and h00rah like this.

misspolly is offline New Member

Hi Cryin out,
    I am on day 11 of no pain pills. I can tell you it DOES get better. It still isn't perfect, I am not going to lie but it is so much better without the pills than taking them. It is amazing not to have pills on the mind ALLLL day long. Where can I get more, oh no.. I am almost out..etc...
    I still get an "itch" for the pills but before it was a maddening craving that was never satisfied. I don't feel that anymore. It is worth the painfull process to be FREE. You can do it!!! Stay with it.
    Blessing to you and stay strong. You are having the victory.Hooray!!
    michellelisa1982 and h00rah like this.

Doohboy24 is offline Junior Member

Way to go! You are doing great. Keep up the fight. It can be so. I am 9 days no hydro's and a week with no fentanyl patches. Feel better last few days not great but better. Just try to stay busy to keep the bad thoughts and urges away. God Bless you.
    michellelisa1982 and h00rah like this.

Stellabelle is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by misspolly View Post
    Hi Cryin out,
    I am on day 11 of no pain pills. I can tell you it DOES get better. It still isn't perfect, I am not going to lie but it is so much better without the pills than taking them. It is amazing not to have pills on the mind ALLLL day long. Where can I get more, oh no.. I am almost out..etc...
    I still get an "itch" for the pills but before it was a maddening craving that was never satisfied. I don't feel that anymore. It is worth the painfull process to be FREE. You can do it!!! Stay with it.
    Blessing to you and stay strong. You are having the victory.Hooray!!
    I am on day 11 also, but had a horrible day. Body aches, sweats, headache, body aches, why does it seem to just be hanging on so bad. It seems to be getting harder now. I don't know what to do to make it better. I am thinking about calling the doctor and getting something to relax me, really, really don't want to do that but I am almost at my wits end. I have been sick most the summer with withdrawals from cymbalta and lexapro for my Fibro, then stomach problems, then shoulder surgery, now the vicodin withdrawals. Happy to say that the only pill I take now is an acid reducer and the tylenol. But the fibro is rearing its ugly head and I don't know what I am going to do to handle that. It had gotten so bad I took and early retirement and now going for disability.

Congrats to you that you are feeling better. I really hope all is well in the future with you. I will be gaining strength from you as you go.

God bless!
    h00rah likes this.

h00rah is offline New Member

Default Congrats!

Make your long term plans for recovery!

Do not deny your underlying psychological causes for your addiction.

Learn new coping skills

Get far away from unhealthy relationships

Build up your self esteem!!

Congrats and keep on keeping on!
    1 1/2 years no pain pills! 17 years doing the things I did...well, its a miracle that I am alive!

God bless!
    opelessence likes this.

You guys rock! Day 5 and attempting to make a casserole for my family. I am in good spirits but super weak. I got small chores done and was blown away that it is october already. In wd and did not even realize time continued on...lol. Stella i hope things ger better for you and i really appreciate the wisdom and encoiragement you all share. Xoxoxo
    opelessence likes this.

gettingbetter4me is offline Junior Member

Your doing awesome! At this point things are just gonna be getting better...

Feeling a little weak and tired is normal, but there are also some things to combat it...first i would look at your diet, make sure your getting plenty of water/gatorade to drink, and for foods, really try to eat healthy(fruits, veggies, protein), and muscle milk is a great source of protein and vitamins and tastes great. Also, vitamins! Check out the thomas recipe for a good list, but ive been taking 7 diff ones and it helps. Then use a 5 hr energy shot for that time during the day you want to get stuff done. Lastly, if at all possible, go for a light jog, i swear everytime i went/go on a run(im at15 days clean right now) i have more energy and feel happier then beforehand, not exaggerating.

These are some things that helped me, so i figured >> throw them out there. Like i said, your through the worst, EVERYTHING will be getting better from here on out! God bless.you, and get ready for the rest of.your life, its all worth it.

P.s. music all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Stellabelle View Post
    I am on day 11 also, but had a horrible day. Body aches, sweats, headache, body aches, why does it seem to just be hanging on so bad. It seems to be getting harder now. I don't know what to do to make it better. I am thinking about calling the doctor and getting something to relax me, really, really don't want to do that but I am almost at my wits end. I have been sick most the summer with withdrawals from cymbalta and lexapro for my Fibro, then stomach problems, then shoulder surgery, now the vicodin withdrawals. Happy to say that the only pill I take now is an acid reducer and the tylenol. But the fibro is rearing its ugly head and I don't know what I am going to do to handle that. It had gotten so bad I took and early retirement and now going for disability.

Congrats to you that you are feeling better. I really hope all is well in the future with you. I will be gaining strength from you as you go.

God bless!
    Hi Stellabelle,
    Been thinking about you and praying for you. We can do this!! You too Cryin Out Every moment that we say no to the pills we get more victory. Let's not forget that we are SICK of those pills and the drugged up feeling.
    Big hugs

Day 13 MissPolly, How are you doing. I had a pretty good day yesterday, but then the night and today not so good again, but definitely better than last week. It seems to come in waves now. I am happy to say I am also doing really good in my shoulder rehab. It sure helps when you start to feel better. There is a bright light now at the end of the tunnel. Just a couple more weeks I guess to get everything back in order. How is it going with you, the same? Keeping strong. Hugs and blessings back.
    misspolly likes this.

michellelisa1982 is offline New Member

Default Day # 4 no Percocet!

Hi All,

In late January '11, I was in a 5 car collision on the way to the mall on a California freeway. If anyone knows how the freeways are here, they are MADNESS. I ended up hurting my mid-lower back. I was prescribed percocet 10/325. I started taking them as prescribed, but then of course I built the tolerance and ended up taking 12 a day max. My dr said to not go over 12, because 4,000mg of tylenol is max for a day.
    I thought it was ok. Til I realized my marriage was slipping away right before my eyes, because I had become so consumed with getting "high" all day and became a very selfish person.

Make a long story short, I got in a fight with my husband and I got thrown in jail for overnight. I started withdrawing then. When I got out on bail, I gave ALL my percs to my dad and had them dispense them to me. I took 2 pills split into 4 peices every 4-6 hours for 2 weeks. Some days I only needed 1.5 pills instead of 2.

This past Saturday, at 11am was my last dosage. I just said ok I tapered down enough to where its pointless for me to even be taking these things.

Its like smoking a ciggy. If you are down to 2 cigs a day, whats the point in even smoking???

So, today is Wed Oct 5th 2011 at 10:30am and I am still going strong.

My symptoms from tapering were: MUSCLE ACHES. Esp my legs and arms.
    My head feels like it's in a sinus bubble. Yesterday was the worse. Today I feel just ok. Low in energy, but I mustered up enough strength to wash the dishes, clean the kitchen and made 7 mini apple pies all hand cut and homemade. I sleep VERY well without any sleeping aids. I am taking motrin as needed if my leg aches get too bad. And my dr gave me Xanax for anxiety, which Ive been on since 2005.

I didnt experience horrible withdrawal due to the fact that my dr gave me 200 pills to help me TAPER from. Which is plenty enough to get me through. But they are not in my possession and my dad is very militant about dispensing them. Im glad he did that. He brought my dosage to my house everyday YOU MUST TAPER for minimal withdrawal. If you're taking 12 or 6 or whatever a day then just quit without tapering, then yes you are going to be more miserable. Naturally.

I have a 1 year old girl and a 9 year old girl. My husband is very very proud of me and says I am acting like how I did when we got married again. Sad thing is, when you are on these evil meds, you dont even realize a good thing is slipping away because you are so high and you dont care.

Last night I slept from 8:00pm-6:30am. I feel low energy now that I made all those pies, so Im just layin on the couch watching tv with my baby girl.

All Im sayin is if you can manage to get through 4 days of no perc u can keep going. Sure you're gonna feel a lil ??????, but I am also on Effexor for depression. I believe that is helping too. Call your dr and have him guide you through this.

Silly me, I was about to pay 34,000 to go to rehab when all I needed to do was taper under my dr's guidance. Love support and encouragement keeps you going strong. I suggest find a prodigal sons ans daughters somewhere near you to go to and meet other people who can also give you advice and learn God's love for you.

Best of Luck to everyone and may God Bless you all with healthier options in life! Same goes for me!!
    XOXO,
    Michelle
    misspolly likes this.

Day 13 MissPolly, How are you doing. I had a pretty good day yesterday, but then the night and today not so good again, but definitely better than last week. It seems to come in waves now. I am happy to say I am also doing really good in my shoulder rehab. It sure helps when you start to feel better. There is a bright light now at the end of the tunnel. Just a couple more weeks I guess to get everything back in order. How is it going with you, the same? Keeping strong. Hugs and blessings back.
    Hi Stellabelle, I am on day 14 today. Felling better but it amazes me that the cravings can come out of nowhere! I am glad your shoulder is doing better. That is great news I am starting to have more energy. That has been one of the worse parts, feeling like a slug. I do LOVE not feeling guilty everyday and dwelling on the pills. I just don't want to go back to where I was. It was an awful place of dull or no feelings. My mind is so much better and that foggy feeling has completely faded away. We can do this!! Let's keep up the good work. We have come so far
    Last edited by misspolly; 10-05-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Michellelisa, Your doing great!! So happy for you that you are on this journey. I have been of hydros for 14 days now. It DOES get better.
    Blessings and hugs to you. Keep strong!!!
    michellelisa1982 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by misspolly View Post
    Hi Stellabelle, I am on day 14 today. Felling better but it amazes me that the cravings can come out of nowhere! I am glad your shoulder is doing better. That is great news I am starting to have more energy. That has been one of the worse parts, feeling like a slug. I do LOVE not feeling guilty everyday and dwelling on the pills. I just don't want to go back to where I was. It was an awful place of dull or no feelings. My mind is so much better and that foggy feeling has completely faded away. We can do this!! Let's keep up the good work. We have come so far
    Glad to hear you are doing so well and are staying strong. Today was a good day, I spent the afternoon with my granddaughter and other grandmother and we went for a long walk with my granddaughter in a wagon. It really tired me out but I feel like I am living a life again. I agree, the everyday trying to stay ahead of the pain, stay ahead of the withdrawals, the guilt of having to take the pills. I had gotten to the point that I kept telling my mother, I just don't want to be here anymore. I just wasn't enjoying my time here on earth. This feeling is turning around. There is still w/d, there is still pain, but I am feeling it with a kind of joy that I hadn't before. I am alive and going to survive this and start anew. You don't realize how much you lost until you start coming out of this process. Have a great week and I hope you feel better and better. I stand with you.

Glad to hear you are doing so well and are staying strong. Today was a good day, I spent the afternoon with my granddaughter and other grandmother and we went for a long walk with my granddaughter in a wagon. It really tired me out but I feel like I am living a life again. I agree, the everyday trying to stay ahead of the pain, stay ahead of the withdrawals, the guilt of having to take the pills. I had gotten to the point that I kept telling my mother, I just don't want to be here anymore. I just wasn't enjoying my time here on earth. This feeling is turning around. There is still w/d, there is still pain, but I am feeling it with a kind of joy that I hadn't before. I am alive and going to survive this and start anew. You don't realize how much you lost until you start coming out of this process. Have a great week and I hope you feel better and better. I stand with you.
    I hope your pain is getting tolerable. I have never had constant pain, I just took the pills to stop the emotional pain. I pray you will gain health and strength everyday. I still have cravings but don't want to have to go through the withdrawls ever again. It has been really hard at times.
    Now that we are able to "feel" again, I am sure that we will enjoy life that much more. Life is a gift and it is so short. I want to try to LIVE instead of get by...I have aways to go to feel emotionally healthy, but not numbing myself is a start.
    Lets keep strong!!

michellelisa1982 is offline New Member

Default Misspolly

Thank You soooooo much!!! I am almost on day 7 of being percocet free!!!!!! Haaalaylooooyer!!! as Madea says LOL. I am aching on my legs the most. Will these leg aches just go away!??? I was home all day with my 1 yr old n its hard withdrawing and getting better. I need rest! My foggy brain comes n goes. Today was a "clear" day and I only had 1 craving today but I flushed all my pills down the toilet. And I never plan on going back!!!! Keep it up yall Im so glad I have ppl to talk to who understand!!!!
    l0st s0u1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by michellelisa1982 View Post
    Thank You soooooo much!!! I am almost on day 7 of being percocet free!!!!!! Haaalaylooooyer!!! as Madea says LOL. I am aching on my legs the most. Will these leg aches just go away!??? I was home all day with my 1 yr old n its hard withdrawing and getting better. I need rest! My foggy brain comes n goes. Today was a "clear" day and I only had 1 craving today but I flushed all my pills down the toilet. And I never plan on going back!!!! Keep it up yall Im so glad I have ppl to talk to who understand!!!!
    Michellelisa, That is great news!! So happy for you!! I am on day 16 now and just feel better and better. I know it isn't easy for you taking care of a little one and having no energy and feeling just plain blah...but you are 7 days free!! That is amazing. You have so much to be proud of.
    I have had some feelings of depression since I stopped but I know that is normal so when it comes over me, I just tell myself it will pass, and it does. Nothing is worth taking those life stealing pills.
    At first,I had the foggy feeling over me too, but I don't have it at all anymore and I have so more energy. I also noticed my thought process and habit about when I wanted the pills. It was any time I had to deal with any kind of emotions...good or bad. I just didn't want to feel anything. Yesterday, I was at work and had some stress and automatically thought 'I need a pill' but then I realized I wanted a pill because I had this stress. I told myself I have to deal with it and I did especially since I am not taking the pills anymore you know what?? It wasn't that bad. It was a real positive moment to reflect on what triggers me. I have a ways to go and I still have cravings at times but I LOVE how I feel!!
    Keep up the good work

thunderman is offline New Member

i am 68 hours into opiate withdrawl. I did it at home, cold turkey...needless to say i feel like >>>>. I called all the suboxone doctors in my area, 3 are no longer working, and the other one is not accepting new patients. When you want help with withdrawls, it doesnt seem easy to get it.

The Husband is offline Member

Hi thunderman. What exactly were you on/how much/how long? I ask this because very few people actually should go the Suboxone route it is wildly handed out by doctors who don't even understand its potency or how to properly get off of it.

I suggest posting in the need to talk section and looking into some of these post of people who have gone the Suboxone route:

http://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment/

Best of luck and honestly if you put in the hard yards now with you c/t you should be half way home seeing as your at 68+ hours. You should start feeling better by 125+ hours.

sdzialo is offline New Member

I envy those of you who keep trying to stay clean, I have been taking suboxen for years and tried to cut down but couldnt do it for more then a month under my doctors care