Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
7 day detox using methadone
    kenner1971 is offline Member

Default 7 day detox using methadone

I would like to regretfully say that I am back for much needed support. The last help and support I had on here was going from fentanyl patches to subutex and it was the worst experience of my life. I would have never made it through that with out the help from Robert . He let me know what was going on and the doctors had put me in precipitated withdrawals and Robert and his wife was with me the whole way. God bless them both. I am here today for help and support because I have now gotten addicted to oxy. I am on day three of detox using a 7 day methadone detox. I will only be using methadone for 7 days. I have heard all the horror stories but I can't tolerate subs. I decided to go with methadone this time. I am detoxing at home with a friend's recipe. So far so good but I begin a tamper today. My schedule for detox is Saturday 10mg morning and night Sunday 10mg morning and night Monday 10mg morning Tuesday 10mg morning Wednesday 5mg morning 5mg night Thursday 5mg morning 5mg night Friday 5mg morning and then just stop taking anything. I would love to know if any one else has done a 7 day detox before? I don't want to get dependant on methadone but I don't want to have oxy withdrawals after my 7 days . I am flying blind.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

I will be shocked if using methadone seven days works. When you are done let me know and I'll be around. Sorry you relapsed, but this is a process staying clean and unfortunately some people have to relapse. I did it lots of times, try to make this your last one. I pray that it makes you so miserable that you won't ever even consider doing it again. Then we can get you clean and you can live that way forever! Life was meant to be lived in a state of happiness and joy, not geeking from one score to the next. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

im afraid to tell you, but going to anyway. you have switched to about the worst thing to get off... well except mabye fenytyl (which i havent done) but i sure know about methadone. and to use it to try and come off oxy is not gonna work.

at the end of the week you are going to go ok for a few days, then withdraw off the methadone. good luck on that one..

sorry to sound cynical, but thats a dodgy plan to say the least... you would be better TAPERING your oxys, not switching to methadone. one of THE longest acting opiates there is...
    Robert_325 and surfdog like this.

Thank yall for responding. I haven't relapsed this is my first time as an addict. I have always taken my meds exactly as prescribed until a year ago. The first time they didn't mail my patches on time and kept putting me in withdrawals this time I was in the hospital for 2 battles with pancreatitis and ended up dependant again. I only started abusing when I became tolerant. So this is my first battle as an addict. I only had detox to get through before now I gotta get through cravings and detox and battle addiction. I pray I don't get sick I am scared. I wish I wouldn't have gotten in to this mess again. This time its worse cause of the addiction. I will keep yall posted and let you all know how sick I get after the methadone is out of my system. I am so grateful you are still here Robert. Incase you don't remember me , I am a whiner. Your wife handled that part and you handled the instructions. Lol it is so good to hear from you again I am just sorry it is under these circumstances. God bless you all and thanks so much for support and guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    im afraid to tell you, but going to anyway. you have switched to about the worst thing to get off... well except mabye fenytyl (which i havent done) but i sure know about methadone. and to use it to try and come off oxy is not gonna work.

at the end of the week you are going to go ok for a few days, then withdraw off the methadone. good luck on that one..

sorry to sound cynical, but thats a dodgy plan to say the least... you would be better TAPERING your oxys, not switching to methadone. one of THE longest acting opiates there is...
    How long does it take to get dependant on methadone ? I was told I would not get dependant on methadone after 7 days and any withdrawals after the methadone got out of my system would be left over from the oxy. I pray I don't get dependant after 7 days

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I will be shocked if using methadone seven days works. When you are done let me know and I'll be around. Sorry you relapsed, but this is a process staying clean and unfortunately some people have to relapse. I did it lots of times, try to make this your last one. I pray that it makes you so miserable that you won't ever even consider doing it again. Then we can get you clean and you can live that way forever! Life was meant to be lived in a state of happiness and joy, not geeking from one score to the next. God bless.
    Robert tomorrow is my last dose of methadone. What am I am in for? When will I get sick ? I am really scared. Just need some encouragement. I am sure you know already that this week has been just fine no problems no withdrawals so really wondering when and how bad is it gonna get. Any advice at all?

Quote Originally Posted by kenner1971 View Post
    Robert tomorrow is my last dose of methadone. What am I am in for? When will I get sick ? I am really scared. Just need some encouragement. I am sure you know already that this week has been just fine no problems no withdrawals so really wondering when and how bad is it gonna get. Any advice at all?

As I explained before a seven day methadone detox is nonsense in my opinion. I think you'll feel like hell to be quite honest. I am not able to tell someone what to do when they do a plan that I'm totally against doing. I think you made a mistake doing this, I hope that I'm wrong. Good luck! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I really really hope you don't get sick, but since you may be in for it, your best bet is to get ready with the Thomas Recipe, unless you want to do something else. Cheeky's right, you def. do not want to go through meth w/d, so when you're done today, you're done. Roberts also right, you probably will be sick. How sick? Who knows? Post and let us know how you are.

Peace Iloerose

Talking

Ok I am past scared. I am just holding on for the ride now and I have felt so alone and I can't thank yall enough for posting. I will keep yall up to date for sure crying and whining and begging if I have to. Just knowing yall are there will help me a lot I really wish I had not went with a plan Robert didn't agree with but grateful he will be there after ward I have my subutex ready for when I get to a 26 if need be Robert. It just made me so so so sicklast time. I have even had injections in emergency room that made me very sick so I think it just don't agree with me or my system. But I know I can't handle withdrawals so here we go is all I can say cause no more methadone will enter my body cause I refuse to get dependant on this mess for sure thanks yall I can't do this alone
    Kenner

Anonymous Guest

Ok I am past scared. I am just holding on for the ride now and I have felt so alone and I can't thank yall enough for posting. I will keep yall up to date for sure crying and whining and begging if I have to. Just knowing yall are there will help me a lot I really wish I had not went with a plan Robert didn't agree with but grateful he will be there after ward I have my subutex ready for when I get to a 26 if need be Robert. It just made me so so so sicklast time. I have even had injections in emergency room that made me very sick so I think it just don't agree with me or my system. But I know I can't handle withdrawals so here we go is all I can say cause no more methadone will enter my body cause I refuse to get dependant on this mess for sure thanks yall I can't do this alone
    Kenner
    IM TOTALLY CONFUSED HERE..... so you are saying, you got off oxys, to get on methadone, and now you are going to use subs...???? please correct me if im wrong....

omg... you TOTALLY did that the wrong way, and we said it from the start... you made no mention of subs, it seemed you were just going to use the methadone to come off the oxys..... why on earth would you do that..?

its going to take 2 to 3 days to get that shyt out of your system...... good luck...

Anonymous Guest

i just re read. you said you were going to taper using the methadone. and then STOP everything..

now you say you have subs for when you get to 26.... make your mind up mate...

I do not plan on using the subs. I have them if I need them. I have my mind made up I am using methadone to get off oxy. Today was my last dose of methadone. I am not planning on using anything else period. What has happened to this group I have read several post and there was never this kind of treatment and sarcasma few years back. Good grief. People are here not to be alone and for guidance during a hard time. What is the confusion? I am here for help and I am flying blind. I made no hesitation telling you all that I have no idea what I am doing I am trying to get clean and no freaking clue how to do it. That is why I am here. For help and guidance not ridicual and sarcasm that you act like I am trying to lie or talk ????. Help me. I already feel alone and don't know what I am doing.
    Kenner
    ohithurts likes this.

Kenner, No one here is trying to hurt you or not help you. You need to understand how these drugs work. No one is being sarcastic, just trying to understand how you expect to get yourself clean on 7 days of methadone. How many mg. oxy were you taking? The half life of methadone is serious. Yes, you're flying blind. Cheeky's probably right: it's going to take a bit to get the methadone out of your system. It doesn't mean that it's going to counter the effects of the oxy w/d. I know. That's why you got the sub. You're scared of w/d's. Dang, it aren't we all? Just the anticipation can drive you crazy and that's how you sound. Now you have to "man up". Hopefully you won't be so sick you need to do the sub route again. I don't know why you got sick on it your first go round, except for the naloxone if you were using suboxone, instead of subutex. You know the saying "no pain, no gain"? You need to really, really, make this commitment. You need to be ready in case you do go into w/d's from the methadone. Cheeky's been there. She has been through that hell. You needed to listen or ask before you went to methadone.

You make reference to getting clean and no freaking clue how to do it? Should have c/t'd the oxy. or gone sub. with Robert. But that's should've. Now you've got to say to yourself: "whatever happens, happens". You will get help here. People get frustrated when y'all go off on your own to get clean and think it's not going to hurt you. However, people will help, people will also learn from your thread WHAT NOT TO DO.

Please let me know how you're getting on tomorrow. Or tonight. Don't be scared. This too shall pass. You WILL come through, heck or high water. And you are NOT alone. We all feel alone with this disease. Just calm down and take deep breaths. You know Robert will not turn his back on you.

Peace,

Iloerose

Anonymous Guest

]I do not plan on using the subs. I have them if I need them.

ok. i wasnt sarcastic at all. i was telling you the truth. from what you posted... yes i have come off methadone, after years of being on it. so i know how hard it is to come off. you have not felt any withdrawl from the oxy at all because the methadone is holding you. so the hard work will start in a day or two. i would suggest using the thomas recipe, and go for it... specially if subs made you sick last time.

it seemed like you were saying you went from oxy, to methadone, and were going to use subs....

i would try real hard not to use them. its just another addiction..

i make my posts breif and clear. but i re read, and there was no ridicule or sarcasm, i was the one confused and i even said i was, and i also said. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG...

i know this is a scary time, but i posted to help. i have been there done that. we did try and advise AGAINST using methadone. now i for one am advising you AGAINST using the subs... get the thomas recipe stuff. and get thru this.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-15-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    iloerose and surfdog like this.

I'm siding with cheeky. Thomas Recipe: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html, you'll find this under featured conditions. Good luck Kenner. Post. Whine. Whatever. Just get through this.

Iloerose.

Ok I am ready. I am scared and the anticipation is killing me. I am in for it and I know it. I think it sux I did the wrong thing yet again. I will go to the Thomas recipe and get ready. I wanted to hear this would work but can't find anything to even say it might . I would hate to get to a 26 to be honest. But..... I have a runny nose my back hurts and my head hurts and most if all my head feels funny. U know it is the methadone. I do want this mess out of my system. I don't like it and I don't like how it has been making me feel. I had a theory that was brought to my attention that a week on methadone would mask my oxy withdrawals and when the methadone got out of my system I would be clean and it would be over. With little to no withdrawals. Well if that worked so well why isn't it posted all over the internet. I am tired of making the wrong decision . My oxy was 120mg to 180mg a day. Pretty big habit for me to think this would work but it sounded great to me and I really believed it would work. It is a waiting game but u intend to keep my journal on here for others. Thank yall so much. Forgive me for my emotional wreck of a personality right now.
    Kenner

Kenner: You are going through w/d. Whether or not it's from the meth, the oxy, or both, is not important. the worse thing you can do now is to get your head in the wrong space. Get some tylenol, motrin, advil, whatever. Stay hydrated: water, gatorade, watch the energy drinks. Give the Thomas Recipe a try. You may get to a 26, but you may not be there as long as you think. You do not want to take the subs and hit precipitated w/d again. Do NOT let your mind set you for this to be worse than it really will be, sometimes attitude is everything. Get Mad at your addiction, not yourself. Do not apologize for being an emotional wreck, we all were there. Whine, wail, whatever. Post here. Don't worry about the past look towards the future.

Peace,

Iloerose

Day 3 of sobriety and no withdrawals yet. I think I still have 3 ays at least until I know for sure if I am gonna get sick or not. I am having lots of pain but other wise I am doing ok.
    Comeback Kid, thalia45 and surfdog like this.

Anonymous Guest

keep goin mate. push on thru. you can do it.. and be free. keep up that attitude and youve got this... all the best, kiwi.

day 4 of sobriety still now withdrawals I am thinking by Thurdsday if i donot get sick i am gonna beat this thing with no withdrawals and the 7 detox using methadone is going to be a complete success. I used alot of pain meds and from going to all those meds down to nothing after 7 days of methadone and not suffering is the greatest gift God could have given me. although not out of woods completely because I was told up to 5 days after the methadone i could start getting sick. I got this detox plan from a girl who was given this exact detox plan at a clinic and she did the same thing i did. She promised me I wouldn't get dependant in 7 days and should have any withdrawals and i am getting very excited with only 2 days left until the first hurdle is over. The rest of the fight after no sickness will be getting clean and staying clean. I am suffering from some depression and fatigue but nothing a BC and Zipsor which is an anti-inflammatory wont handle. I am in tons and tons of pain. my brain is not helping me one bit produce any thing to help me with pain and just to bump my should on a door way hurts so bad that it feels like i am knocking my shoulder out of shocket i know my brain will heal and the pain will subside and my brain will help me fight the pain again and i can't wait. The pain is unreal. But i am just so grateful not to have suffered like I did the first time around with withdrawals. I have found a few stories of people doing the same thing I did and suffered no withdrawals at all either. Please pray the sickness doesn't kick in and i got this whooped yall. Thank you so much for yalls help. i will keep yall up to date on my well being and sickness and feelings. So far I have been one lucky and blessed individual. I am at home with my family and enjoying every minute of my family except the sever pain. but i am hanging there no matter what. I have come to far. I will try to post tomorrow if not i will post for sure thursday that is the real day in question at this point because if i am not sick on the 6th day i should be home free. I pray it is over as for as the sickness.

hey everyone day 6 of sobriety and its over i never got sick yay!!!!!!!! i am so excited about that. the recipe worked. I am so very blessed. The only thing that i have ever felt is minor symptoms of withdrawals for about a hour at a time and then they go away. I will never recommend this detox recipe for anyone because everyone is different. It worked as perfectly as my friend said it would and i am very lucky. methadone is a very dangerous drug and it has killed people so use with caution and if you ever get dependant on it i heard it is the devil to come off of. But i want my journal and my story to be told. I am in alot of pain. i hurt from head to toe. if i bump into a door jam with my shoulder even just a tap it feels like i have dislocated my shoulder the pain is so severe. my brain has a long way to go before it produces natural pain endorphines on its on. I have suffered no insomnia but have taken a benzo a couple nights now because i have severe anxiety and i have scared myself thinking oh my goodness am i gonna get sick so the benzos will stop now because i have no reason to worry anymore. i never got sick and i dont have to worry about getting sick all ihave to do is let my brain heal and get my energy back. i am not suffering the major depression because i have a grandchild that completes me and makes me very happy and i also take cymbalta for axienty depression and nerve pain so it helps with the depression as well. I am living off BC arthritis right now for a quick boost from the caffeine and the 1000mg aspirin because i have severe arthristis. my normal pain that i have to live with for the rest of my life is severe right now but with time should become more managable. I am not suppose to take BC powder or anti-inflammortories because of serious stomach issues but i have no choice for now. I would have to day that over all my story of detox and becoming clean was a true success and i am so so so so blessed. I have a great support team with my family and friends so sobriety wont be a problem. I knew if I could get passed the withdrawals i would have it whooped. I whooped guys and girls and you can too. love you all.
    Kenner

day 7 and going into day 8 sobriety and doing well. i still have the creeping withdrawals episodes for moments at a time. Right now i am battleing insomnia whick is the last symptom to leave me and also alot of fatigue. i have been taking benzo and i am scared of becoming dendepent. If anyow knows how long it would take to get dependant i would greateful. i think this is the 6th or 7th day i have taken a couple of benzos to get to sleep because of the insomnia. the chills, yawns, sneezing, stomach pain and other things are never to severe and dont last long. I am just scared of the insomnia and fatigue. I am thinking a couple of more weeks and everyting should be gone and back to normal i pray. Any advice when to stop the benzos and just let the sleep come back normally? I cant afford to get to dependant on anything else. especially not a benzo. i am doing great so far and very proud of my success but i have been having some cravings just for the energy and to stop the sever pain. but i am hanging so strong because i know it wil pass. I got thins and i can fight the demon just CANNOT get dependant on benzos. if i skip about 3 days or more rather i sleep or not will that help? any advice will be appreciated.
    Thank you all
    Kenner

I can't explain exactly what I started feeling but I was taking a lot of BC powder and zipsor and it was killing my stomach. Most likely have an ulcer. But anyway I couldn't bare the pain anymore and the way I was feeling. Do not try this detoxification plan, I was not successful. I started my prescription back but I am following my dosage now. I willtry to continue my medication at the prescribed dose and see how it goes. The best thing that came out of this is it got my tolerance down and I can do right by my script. Just wanted to update with the sad truth that this did .o not work and I don't recommend it to any one.
    God bless you all
    Kenner

Anonymous Guest

oh dear. kenner we thought that might happen. try again when you are ready. and do it right this time. your way does not work mate.....

well, good on ya for at least trying eh... you gave it a shot, which is more than a lot of people have done...
    Robert_325 likes this.

I can't explain exactly what I started feeling but I was taking a lot of BC powder and zipsor and it was killing my stomach. Most likely have an ulcer. But anyway I couldn't bare the pain anymore and the way I was feeling. Do not try this detoxification plan, I was not successful. I started my prescription back but I am following my dosage now. I willtry to continue my medication at the prescribed dose and see how it goes. The best thing that came out of this is it got my tolerance down and I can do right by my script. Just wanted to update with the sad truth that this did .o not work and I don't recommend it to any one.
    God bless you all
    Kenner

Kenner ..... can we help you? Just give me the word and we'll get you clean. God bless.

Idkhow is offline Junior Member

Im trying to figure out hoe to DM Robert 325 can seem to do it. Robert325. I seen your name all over the place but cant seem to find your taper plan. Im ready to stop. Could you please help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Idkhow View Post
    Im trying to figure out hoe to DM Robert 325 can seem to do it. Robert325. I seen your name all over the place but cant seem to find your taper plan. Im ready to stop. Could you please help me?

Here is a link to the sub therapy taper plan at the end of this post. Pay close attention to the INDUCTION section and the link within that section to the COWS (clinical opioid w/d scale) worksheet. You need to follow the instructions to the letter. Hope this helps. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Idkhow is offline Junior Member

Robert. Thanks. Got it. Will read it now. I did start a thread in "need to talk"" could you start posting there? Would like to go thru it.

resmith309 is offline New Member

If your only doing your script of oxy I would just tapper with the oxy. But tapper slowly at least a month.

Lifeisgr8 is offline New Member

I made an account here just so I could post my results. I'm on my 10th month clean from Roxie's. I actually quit 180mg a day and Xanax at the same time. First of all I decided I wanted to quit. I had my fun and enough was enough. I wanted to enjoy life now. I even wanted it to be painful to keep me from going back. If you don't want to quit you're wasting your time. I tried subs. Cold turkey for 2 years and nothing ever worked. Until I really really decided in my head that I had enough. I bought 5 10mg dones. Day 1 I broke the pills and took about 7mg. Day 2 12mg. Day 3 10mg. And I gave the last 2 dones away because I didn't need them and didn't want to get hooked on them. I hate the feeling if meth. That's all I did and I was fine. Days 4,5,6 you won't be 100% but it's not bad at all. You got yourself into this now man up. I barely felt any withdrawals doing this. Since meth has such a long half life I was fine. And notice how low of mg's I took. I find it to be insane when I read about people on 200mg if done. It's not needed and they want you hooked. Don't do this method more than 4 days. Not one time did I ever come close to relapsing. I thought about pills sometimes but thought about how the negatives outweigh the positives when taking them. I used exercise especially running as my drug the first few months and it really helped. It's been 10 months and I can't believe how normal and great I feel. Your life really does come back after quitting just give it time. I will never look back. It feels like yesterday I was reading this forum and got discouraged by people saying this method won't work. It does just be careful and keep the dose as low as you can. Good luck! And remember only you can stand in your way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast