3 Days out of detox
    JJPappy is offline New Member

Default 3 Days out of detox

I have no energy and I am allready and I can't get off the couch or bed to eat or really do anyting. wonder how long this will last. comming off 4yrs blues oxycodone 30s

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by JJPappy View Post
    I have no energy and I am allready and I can't get off the couch or bed to eat or really do anyting. wonder how long this will last. comming off 4yrs blues oxycodone 30s

How long were you in detox and how did they treat you meaning medically? I used opiates 35 years and was on almost 1000mg of 30mg Roxi IR when I got clean. Been clean almost ten years so it can be done.

Tell me more about what they did to help you while you were an inpatient and what they have you doing now. I will help you if I can but I need more info on what's going on. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

i was using about 8 to 10 roxi's a day 4 years, relapsed after 10 years. 57 and have cronick pain. I went into a 5 day detox and wax treated with a taper bup. I got out Sat nt and I do not have any energy. sleep is rough. I had a protien drink and went for a 30 min walk. It killed me. I was a gym rat most of my life so hopefully in 30 days or sooner I will be trying to get healthy. I live alone and it is rough. just moved to the area and do not really know anybody so it is nice to go to meeting. I have to for ce myself to go to the grocery store and by some healthy food.

i could of gone to a 30 day treatment and decided to come home. i think i should have went just for the nouishment and they foce you to move. but i wanted to come home

so i was taking 270 t0 300 mg a day. I am not using suboxone.

i could of gone to a 30 day treatment and decided to come home. i think i should have went just for the nouishment and they foce you to move. but i wanted to come home

so i was taking 270 t0 300 mg a day. I am not using suboxone.

Pappy .... I was also addicted to Roxis. Was taking almost 1000mg each day, taking over 100 pills a day of some kind and now have almost ten years clean so it can be done. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

You could use the old methods of helping yourself feel better. Most rehabs that don't use subs will give you clonidine as opiate detox increases your blood pressure, a low dose benzo such as librium (but you could use a supplement like Kava for anxiety that is all natural or even valium for a week), there is the Thomas Recipe that has some other ingredients that will help you. Quite honestly, and I don't like to cherry-coat things, you are probably going to feel badly for a couple weeks. Days will get better after that. Exercise is the best medication for opiate detox there is even if you just walk around the block. I've seen people start walking for only a few minutes and slowly increase it to where they were running over time.

You've got lots of options. Here is a link to the Thomas Recipe for opiate detox. Let me know if I can help you in any way! God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...html#post68110
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

thank very much for your encourgment and I know about the thomis recipy. the doc did give me clonidine and a mild drug for anxiety. I do have some val but don't want to use it unless my legs are jumping.

I did 2 20 minute walks today and had to push each step, but I know exercise can do alot. I hope I am not trying to do to much to fast.

I am also using alot of protien drinks and amino acids recipe from end your addiction now.

I just do not have alot of faith in his theory because I don't think the Blood Brain Barrier will alow that many amino in the brian at once.

I went to a meeting at noon and it was rough and I am going to hit a meeting at 8

I need to get to the store to get some healthy vegies. Just do not want to go but I will.

This is really probably the first day completly clean because what they were giving me in detox has a 72 hour half life. started sneezing today.

thank very much for your encourgment and I know about the thomis recipy. the doc did give me clonidine and a mild drug for anxiety. I do have some val but don't want to use it unless my legs are jumping.

I did 2 20 minute walks today and had to push each step, but I know exercise can do alot. I hope I am not trying to do to much to fast.

I am also using alot of protien drinks and amino acids recipe from end your addiction now.

I just do not have alot of faith in his theory because I don't think the Blood Brain Barrier will alow that many amino in the brian at once.

I went to a meeting at noon and it was rough and I am going to hit a meeting at 8

I need to get to the store to get some healthy vegies. Just do not want to go but I will.

This is really probably the first day completly clean because what they were giving me in detox has a 72 hour half life. started sneezing today.

If they were giving you buprenorphine in detox that does have a 72 hour half life and can be even a little longer for some people. Metabolism, activity, fluid intake, lots of things affect half life.

It really sounds like you have a good grip on this. You realize that you're going to feel crummy for a good week or longer. Could be two weeks easily. Those Roxis are tough to kick dude! They were what led to my total downfall. I ran my own companies successfully for over 30 years and when I got myself wrapped up in lots of Roxis, well let's just say it cost me a fortune literally.

Don't give up before the miracle happens! I remember all too well how sick I was when I was where you are. I held a loaded and cocked 9mm to my head. Obviously I didn't pull the trigger but I sure thought about it. Should have been in a psych ward!

Hang in there, keep doing the exercise no matter how bad it hurts. The clonidine will help too, just don't over do it. I'm having computer problems so I'll be on and off until I get it repaired. I'm working on it myself as I know pretty much how to fix them. But it's messed up right now, I'm obviously on another computer, but if I don't have to go buy something I'll be straight with it tonight. Stay in touch. God bless.

l0st s0u1 is offline Junior Member

Pappy, I don't want to offer any medical advice as there are other people on here way more qualified than I. Just wanted to say I feel your pain as I am only about four weeks past where you are now. I hope that when you are feeling poorly you stop for a moment and realize what a great thing you are doing. It takes much power and courage to see this through and you are doing it! Please stay strong and get well.

Quitting Roxi's is the hardest thing I have done in my life. People who haven't been there will just never understand. I struggle daily to not use.....but I do believe it gets a little easier every day. I also want to thank you for your post, as it is a great reminder for me to stay the course and that I never want to go through that hell ever again.

Good luck Pappy.....sincere best wishes to you my friend.

how do you feel after 4 weeks

I just went for a 5 minute walk and thought i was not going to make it back. I relapsed after 10 years and now I am much older and I think I going to give myself some time.

I went to the grocerie store yesterday and it was rough but I wanted to get nourishing food.

l0st s0u1 is offline Junior Member

how do you feel after 4 weeks

I just went for a 5 minute walk and thought i was not going to make it back. I relapsed after 10 years and now I am much older and I think I going to give myself some time.

I went to the grocerie store yesterday and it was rough but I wanted to get nourishing food.
    Just got home from work....so sorry for late response. I feel pretty good after four weeks. My energy is still on the rebound.....but I pretty much have gotten on with my daily routine. This stuff takes time, just give your body the time it needs to heal.....you will be rewarded in the end. Nothing worth having ever comes easy right?

Good luck Pappy, thinking of you and your recovery.

GOLDA55 is offline Member

Unhappy Dear pappy

I am 63 and just got out of detox 5 days ago. Feeling the same way. I'm not sure if i was ever the most energetic person before this addiction but i got things done. Hopefully it will get better each day. At least you went out. I forced myself for xmas but wasn't that great. Today,did tiny bit of excercise at home & did not even get dressed. Tomorrow maybe a better day..keep posting and we can compare. Luck to you